Bundeswehr/ Flecktarn Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bundeswehr/ Flecktarn Look

Have you got any form of reference to back that up?

I'll quote 'kamouflage' dot net here. It would appear we're both wrong it's officially called 'steppentarn'. It's unofficially known as 'wustentarn' but 'troppentarn' is wrong and makes no sense. Read on:

"Flecktarn ('spot camouflage') was introduced, for general distribution. Likewise in 1993, when the Federal Republic of Germany contributed military personnel to UNOSOM I, the Bundeswehr recognised the need for a arid regions camouflage pattern. Steppentarn ('steppe camouflage') was developed, to meet this need.

Steppentarn is essentially the same design as Flecktarn, in which the number of colours has been reduced from five to three. In Steppentarn, medium green replaces the black found in Flecktarn, brown replaces rust-red, and sand replaces dark green, grey green and light green. The earlier versions of this pattern — like the example shown here — are greyish, while the newer examples have a reddish cast.

Steppentarn seems to have been the inspiration for Danish T/99 desert camouflage.

Steppentarn is sometimes called Wüstentarn ('desert camouflage') or Tropentarn ('rain forest camouflage'), in English-speaking sources. The first misidentification appears to have arisen from the fact that Steppentarn has been deployed in desert environments, while the second is is a complete misnomer: Tropentarn is simply a variant of Flecktarn produced on a light-weight fabric, more suitable for wear in tropical climates."

Comment

The propper Bundeswehr name is 3 fard td , I've never heard it called steppentarn before but the reference you've show is quite intresting read. I'm a member of a German Bundeswehr impression group who have a lot of members who serve and reservists , they calll it tropentarn as its a tropical camo wustentarn is a term given to all desert camo even the U.S. Tri color that was used in the early day so this is a intresting topic .

Comment

Cheers to both above i stand corrected
        Sam

Comment

Sam your Tropentarn layout is very good , it resembles the Kampfschwimmer company which are like the U.S. S.E.A.L units , they use claw gear stalker ll as well as LEO KÖHLER also a lot of mix and matching . Here a link for you to check out hope this can help you its the Bundeswehr official site their's hundreds of photos showing almost of the units in the Bundeswehr from the KSK , Kampfschwimmer, EGB units and their equipment anything new that they use it will be seen on here .

PhotoBundeswehr. info

edit- try this - http://photobw.info/
          Last edited by bob86; 8 April, 2014, 23:56. Reason: proper link

Comment

Cheers that's great ill look into it and adjust accordingly.

Sam

Comment

Thanks bob86 for editing the link :-)

Comment

So here is the very start and a sneak peak at the loadout to come. I will be using my KSK flecktarn trousers and shirt at first until I can get a full tropentarn set for my 2013 EGB fallschirmjäger loadout.

The helmet cover is coming off as I'm not sure about it but i have seen them using that exact cover (guessing a personal purchase).

Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
                https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

This is the start of my green side EGB fallschirmjäger 313 loadout. I also plan on getting tropentarn to match the EPC as seen in Afghanistan in use by the 313 battalion.
                  Huge amounts of this loadout are going to be change to start to make it more accurate but this will do for now until I can afford more bits.

The Norway stock on my G36k is being changed in the next few days for a standard one.

Riding my trusty stead into battle!

One of my ref pics for 313
                  Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!

Comment

So this is my new light weight KSK inspired woodland loadout.

Basic Kit list:
                    Boonie hat
                    Scrim net
                    Mil-Tec under armour shirt
                    Leo Kohler KSK trousers
                    Black Hawk riggers belt
                    lindnerhof taktik chest rig replica with double G36 mag pouches and dump pouch
                    G36kA2
                    Rune.

Comment

• Re: Bundeswehr/ Flecktarn Look

My new plate carrier Linderhof Gen V
                      Attached Files

Comment

So here is the start of my KSK WIP.

Still a lot to sort but it's a start at least.

Rune.

Comment

So here is my fallschirmjäger egb-kräfte inspired kit with a few bits updated. Still waiting on my Comtac 2 headset to turn up. Could also do with a pair of trousers a size smaller. Finally got a better helmet cover and the hydration pack I wanted.
                          What else do you guys think I need? Maybe some grenade/smoke pouches?

Thanks everyone

Rune.

Comment

My KSK/EGB layout a few things left to get but it's almost complete

Comment

anybody know of any good places to pick up the old cold war style german kit ?

Comment

PM Sent.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

darksidedsam Find out more about darksidedsam
                                Working...
                                X