Russian City Guard/Winter Troop Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russian City Guard/Winter Troop Loadout

I'm not surprised you had trouble fitting the 'AK' sling as it isn't one. :D It looks more like a PpSh type sling to me. From Z1 you'd be better off with an ICS one although you can get the real thing for about the same price elsewhere.

If I remember correctly the Russians in Golden Eye (the film anyway) are wearing the Soviet M69 uniform. They're actually reasonable accurately equipped (if a little outdated) given its a Bond film.

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
      If I remember correctly the Russians in Golden Eye (the film anyway) are wearing the Soviet M69 uniform. They're actually reasonable accurately equipped (if a little outdated) given its a Bond film.
      yeah but 90% of them are using type 56's
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

ANYWAY! :P

The patches are now on the way. Having a bit of trouble locating a reasonably priced greatcoat currently though!

Have decided to work on this and hope to have it finished within a few weeks so I can be sporting it once it gets a bit chilly!

Comment

OK guys, the replacement Coat is on its way, heres a picture..

The patches are on the way as well, and the M14 I use for woodland is going to be scrimmed up with Hessian wrap to give it a no name rifle to go with the outfit.

Anything else that I may have missed for the clothes part?

Comment

what lapels and patches you get?

boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I wish i was brave enough to be wearing great coats etc, id love to wear a big yellow duster for airsofting.

Comment

I got the patches listed in the original post, so the moscow city Guard for the chest, and one standard security patch for each arm, not sure if ill put both of them on though. Also have a patch that simply says fast response division on it or something similar, It didnt have any other wording or emblem on it, so I figured id just stick it above or below the moscow guard badge for a bit more decoration. Got the black buttonhole patches from the communications division (couldnt find any security ones or anything like that sadly). Didnt get the rank insignias, i think i prefer the green that comes on the coat rather than white and yellowish. Plus then I dont have to worry about offending anyone by wearing a rank I havent officially earnt.

LT Purcy, I cant wait for it to arrive. Will be a little different to the normal PMC/UMSC/UKSF loadouts that everyone has at my local site!

I did come across a coat while shopping for the one i first got, that was very similar to a duster, but was made of a slightely suedish material, sadly though all I have to do a cowboy loadout is a silly cowboy hat from the Download festival, and some brown suede boots :p

Comment

Lol wont spam your thread up any longer but fair play will take a gander when you get your gear.

Im not even brave enough to try a stetson let a lone a duster

Comment

Thanks, Will keep this updated as I build it! :D

P.S. Get a duster. Do it.

Comment

Alright guys, the coat arrived! :D

Sadly, its not the one in the picture from the advert, which is a shame. Its the same coat, but a slightly different colour and the green parts arent included. Will try and squeeze the green parts from the supplier as these were in the picture!

Its a nice coat anyway, or im happy with it at least. Its made from a fairly rough material, so it doesnt look all pristene and new or anything. Still waiting on the patches for it.

Thought id take a few shots just to share with you all. Might look into getting some fur for the collar on it, as the material is itchy as f**k!

One other question, collar up or down?

Comment

more dirt and stubble needed on the face! :D Otherwise looking quite good! Deffo needs some patches though, and perhaps a nice old vintage belt rig, like some sort of canvas or leather belt & pouches and a leather pistol holster

Comment

Hahahaha! My dog almost blinded me last night and gave me a scratch under my eye, so Im working on the look of being through the wars

Patches are on the way, the holster, I already spent a fair bit on my retention holster, so the pistol and holster may be kept inside the jacket, perhaps on the leg or still on the belt. shoulder holster would be a bit tricky to get it out!

But some sort of leather belt rig sounds good, stick the BFGs in there!

Comment

Cool, getting there!

Deffinatly leather belt or Soviet era canvas belt with the buckle - and beard/stuble!

Comment

Haha, I cant grow a beard, it just grows into long thin stubble, then stops! I shall hand back my man card immediately.

Or put on a fake beard :P

Comment

As far as the itching is concerned, try shaving the bits that itch most with simple shaving foam and a disposable razor.

The belt should obviously be genuine, but try searching on the bay for some sort of big-ass leather belt and you should find something that does the trick.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                                Working...
                                X