Russian City Guard/Winter Troop Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russian City Guard/Winter Troop Loadout

thanks for that robin, will give it a shave when I can!

Belt has been sourced, also looking at one of these as well now..

Comment

I have one, straps too if you want them.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68623

I doubt the seller will send you the green patches seperately. They're a standard part of most Shinels that were sewn on at the factory. Full colour insignia patches were sewn for over them for general use but would be taken off in combat leaving only the green and metal badges. The reason yours doesn't have them is its a late model (probably 90s) when Shinels were no longer used for combat so there was no need for any subdued insignia.

I think I have some of the 'patches' somewhere if you want some for the price of postage.

Comment

Pics arnt working for me dropbox error 500 or something.

Comment

ill have that mag pouch off you! can you pm me payment details

Comment

Pics should be up again Percy. Some sort of problem where Dropbox had crashed subtly int he background so had to quit it and restart it. so take a look :D

Still working on getting the skorpion I have fixed and ready to go with this. Cant wait until its finished now! :D

Comment

Thats a very cool coat n look, suit you sir.

Regarding collar up or down, down without the ushanka and vice versa

Comment

Thanks! And yeah think the collar up looks better without the hat. One thing I hadn't realised is whether I'm actually gonna be able to feel the hits while wearing this coat! The coat alone weighs in at around 1.5 maybe even 2 kg!

Skorpion is now fixed as well so that will be shoved in the AK mag bag or slung round a shoulder.

The M14 is still going to be wrapped in hessian, as well as toting the Aims I already have a bit more than I usually do!

Comment

The patches arrived as well today! Interestingly, the "fast responce division" patch did not come with the rest, and instead they sent me this patch from the Diving division of the military. Bit strange as it was the fast response patch on the invoice with the package, but hey ho!

Will post the next bunch of pics when its all finished clothes wise. Hope to get some pictures of me in the field before too long!

Comment

the coat is finished...

just waiting on the belt and AK mag bag now!

Comment

i'm liking it.

Boris
                      K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
                        i'm liking it.

Boris
                        that means a lot coming from you. thanks!

Comment

Yummy soviet issue belt arrived today... Just one more thing remaining!

Comment

Low & Behold, the finished product! For now at least anyway!

Thought id take some pictures, sadly theyre indoor and not outdoor, will try and get some outdoor ones when I can! But this will give a general idea of what it looks like!

I give you... Russian Guard Of The Bedroom Door...

Comment

Looks really good mate :D You have Inspired me...

Comment

kewl, very kewl, and sporting a scorpion which just raises the kewl.

all you need to do is wait until the Makarov is released, get a nice leather hoster and have it on that belt too and it would look cracking.

heres a very old, and quickly thrown together soviet KGB/police kit i did, not very authentic, blue trench coat, white shirt and blue tie, but its too kewl to airsport in a great coat/trench coat, plan on getting one for zee german kit.

Boris
                                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                                Working...
                                X