This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Systema

Don't get me started. ICS guns may come with nice things (metal body, split gearbox design etc), but they are just so unreliable, and are very picky about what upgrades they take. A TM will work out the box, and will work for a very long time. You can drop any upgrade into a TM within reason and it'll just take 'em in and keep on working.

Comment

i reli like the sound of PTWs (not the noise they make though)

but is there a way of getting the same effect i.e. extremly responsive trigger, great rof, huge accuracy with just say a CA or TM or even ICS (just bringing that up to make all you ICS lovers out there feel wanted. no offence to anyone)
      but whithout the huge cost and dont take the PTW mags and you dont need any of that "bolt catch" stuff. if you want that get a GBB. if there was then there would be no need for the PTW?

Comment

this debate has always reared its head up every now and then.

although i do agree these new gbb m4 are more realistic in the operation side of things they do have there flaws i.e doesnt operate as well in cold weather enviroments (and we do live in the uk!!!)and gas operated guns can be a pain in the arse for maintainance at time, and refering to the wa m4 its incredably light and doesnt reflect the weight of a real one.

as for maintainance of a systema i brought mine second hand and had the work done (waterprofing and hop mod ) and it hasnt missed a shot yet (touch wood) but its the other things you notice more like

i use alot less ammo.
        i dont have to take a damn toolbox with me anymore unlike when i had normal aegs.
        i dont spend half as much time on pre skirmish prep as i used to.
        theres always time for a brew!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Melchett View Post
          My bold:

You're an idiot. You know f**k all.
          I don't know your background so I won't insult it, or you. You don't know mine so don't insult me.

I spent a far too short period in the forces, but worked in close protection and corporate security for 8 years. I should have emphasised that I meant kill someone SILENTLY, but I didn't. My point was that there is a place for everything and to mix them up is pointless. I totally stand by the statement that if you want a silent kill in the real world, you don't use a firearm. Have you ever fired a silenced handgun? I have and it's not silent!

PTW is for forces and police training, not skirmishing. It will do the job, but it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            I don't know your background so I won't insult it, or you. You don't know mine so don't insult me.

I spent a far too short period in the forces, but worked in close protection and corporate security for 8 years. I should have emphasised that I meant kill someone SILENTLY, but I didn't. My point was that there is a place for everything and to mix them up is pointless. I totally stand by the statement that if you want a silent kill in the real world, you don't use a firearm. Have you ever fired a silenced handgun? I have and it's not silent!

PTW is for forces and police training, not skirmishing. It will do the job, but it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
            i think gen. melchet reacted like he did due to the fact that your previous comment made you sound a bit like LEON (the professional) and used it in a warfighting context, however we all know it doesnt really happen like that!!

if i wanted to kill someone silently id just send them a pic of my mother in law naked!!!!!

Comment

What would you guys prefer, PTW M4A1 or PTW MP5A5, I will be playing CQB and Woodland games and i want a gun that will be suitable, and a systema will be perfect for this as i will be able to change the cylinder for the 2 sites.

Comment

If you want some, just PM me...lol
                sigpic

Comment

get a mp5 as out of the 5 ptws i use regulaly including the 3 in my room the mp5 out performs them all.

Comment

the cylinder change isnt quite as simple with a mp5 as it is with a m4. athough they are a nice bit of kit and have a nice feel and finish to them and ive seen some serious range come out of one (thats an mp5).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                    Working...
                    X