Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daft thread i know but here we go anyway

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
    Well, until I got my systema, I held by the vert grip, but nowadays it's by the mag well so that my thumb is never far from the bolt release catch, which if knocked can cause a total lack of front end bb ejection-ness.
    You need to sort out your bolt release spring then mate - a 2 minute job that solves your issue.

I kinda of use mine - I dont hold the RIS grip properly often but I do have my hand rested in the front of the T shape it produces. Kind of have flat & half on the grip. I find this most comfortable - Its a bit like resting your hand up against the trigger guard on the 80.

As for faster mag changes - I dont know about you - but if I'm in the kneeling or prone positions my right index finger ejects the mag via the relase & the left hand is busy pulling the new mag out of its pouch towards the mag well. Thats far faster. Although if I'm standing then at £30 a mag I tend to take them down with the left hand to save them.

Having seen a very badly cut finger from people using the RS M4 by gripping the mag well and their index finger being caught by the returning bolt.

Oh and gripping the mag well can also cause feed issues as your lower fingers will touch the mag.
    I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Originally posted by tallbloke View Post
      You need to sort out your bolt release spring then mate - a 2 minute job that solves your issue.
      Elabourate please dude. Can be via PM if you reckon it's a bit OT for the thread. Cheers.
      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

I've spent the last hour looking for the website that I've seen that explains why (with graphic photos) RS M4s shouldn't be held by the mag well. I was browsing around the net one night and found a photo of a US soldier with half his left hand blown off by a misfire which caused the receiver and magwell to basically explode. Following the links, I found a site that was dedicated to collecting as many pictures of M4s suffering from destructive failure.

I know that with airsoft this can't happen, but I like to keep things as realistic as possible, so now I only grip the mag if I've got a mis-feeding problem and need to tweak the mag every so often.
        sigpic

Comment

Fair enough rockinrobin, but iv seen plenty of yanks doing exactly what ive been on about! Holding it by the magwell.
          Tallbloke - When i eject a mag, normally and if not getting shot at, ill just take out the old mag, stick it in my hand while i change. If im getting shot at, but static, i do what you do. If, however, and mostly in my case, im advancing to win the firefight, ill shove a mag down the front of my smock. Hence why youll see me with an old grenade ring on the zip. We all know time is of the essence, and it might not be much, but its just the way i play.
          In all fairness, im mostly using either the SA80 or the M14 at the minute, and the M15 hasnt had much of a run lately. But its just a bit of a habit i got into, and browsing pictures, noticed i wasnt the only one!

Hmm just noticed...How can an enclosed bolt catch somebodys finger by being on the magwell? Surely they must of put their fingers inside the housing to cause that? Or do you mean in the ejection opening? Im trying to work out the logistics within that, but i cant figure it out...I may just being thick though!

Anyway, thats not what the topic is about, going slightly off on my own thread!

Comment

people with long fingers can reach the ejection port when griping the mag, i know i can and have seen sliced fingers when i went shooting in the states.

Comment

musy be an airsoft thing,i did it with my G3
              custom K98/TM MK23/CA M203/KJW M9 for sale /swap for a CA M15A1
              my rating
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15238

Comment

I tend to hold it by the mag well, unless im running.

Never really thought about it until now.

Comment

Ahh got you Alfer. Was a bit confused by the post!

Comment

Could have found just the thing for you guys.....

http://www.zahal.org/FAB/MWG.html

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                    Working...
                    X