X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane and other gases

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
    IMPORTANT:
    If you buy propane, you will have to buy an adapter to make it work with your mag valves and most importantly since propane is not mixed with a lubricant it will dry your mag seals out and plus if your pistol does not have a metal slide; it will blow your slide off in time. Now to stop your seals from drying out you can buy a madbull version 2 propane adapter that has a small reservoir for silicone etc. Its the most favored right now with GBB users, including myself.

Totally untrue and unfounded.

I have not read all of the responses so forgive me if its already been said

Propane IS Green Gas - Green Gas IS Propane

The only difference is that GG has had silicone added for lubrication, simply bottled in a different thinner less safe container. As Propane has no added silicone from the start the PSI is slightly higher. I believe Propane is somthing like 80 - 120 psi and green gas is very similar.

Ive used Propane exclusivley in -

All plastic unless otherwise stated.

TM PX4 - 7K rounds through
    TM 5.7 x2 - 6K
    TM Desert Eagle x2 - 8K - 10K
    TM Desert Eagle - Metal - 9K
    TM 1911 x2 - 3K - 5K
    TM MEU - 6K
    TM 1911 - Metal - 3K
    TM P226 - 9K
    TM MK.23 - Magazine modded for high pressure gas - 4K
    TM M92F - 5K

KWA MK.23 Socom - 1K
    WE MEU x3 - 7K - 9K
    Marushin Mossberg 500 - 500 rounds
    ACM Mossberg 500 - 3000 rounds
    WE G36C x2 - 12K
    WE L85 - 2K
    WE PDW - 1K
    KWA MP7 - 6K
    KSC MP9 HardKick - 7K
    KJW 10/22 - 3K

Not had a single propane related issue. Ever.

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/green-gas-propane

Comment

Getting a mac coupler as I have a mate who can get me a 5kg propane cylinder for the modest sum of 15 quid :P (he just doesnt do the paperwork on the deposit).

I've also never had an issue with my G18 on propane (the plastic slide it came with was knackered and blew off on Z1 Ultra Gas, so it got replaced with a metal one).

As for putting oil in with the propane - AI say every ten mag fills or so, tbh I just look at the mag rubber and if its a bit dry I pop some in the mag.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I plan on switching to propane very soon to run my pistols and GBB M4. Can't wait! Airsoft gas prices are absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Can I just ask, on a metal slide internally upgraded and reinforced KSC Glock, how much more does (properly lubed) Propane wear out the internals than straight up GG?

Comment

Originally posted by BB_Hose View Post
            Can I just ask, on a metal slide internally upgraded and reinforced KSC Glock, how much more does (properly lubed) Propane wear out the internals than straight up GG?
            Did you not read anything I wrote? Properly lubed Propane will be the same as GG with a 10 or so FPS increase. So negligible.

Its like Li-Pos all over again

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_Cat View Post
              Got one of those but i needed an extension piece to fit between the larger can and the colemans can other wise it would not screw together but it works just remember to chill your colemans tank first. I used the last few crops in the can by venting it and using the cool down effect that the mags have then you can fill up easily.Works well for the thin blue can for blowtorches often used by plumbers.
              Interesting. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy anything else. What was the problem with yours then? I take it your main bottle was a different design or summat to the one they show in the YouTube video?

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
              TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

TBH im gonna leave the cans as is, not vent them/cool them down. Yeah I'll get less propane in the tank, but the risk of overfilling is drastically reduced.

BB Hose - its the same stuff mate :P
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Sorry if this seems a little off topic (though about propane and other gases).
                  I'm running my kc02 on propane and getting around 410-430 fps, could anyone hazard a guess what I would get running 144a gas or what ever the new maintenance gas is know as thelse days? Reason is I'm planning on using it on the AI 500 event next weekend and it has to be under 400fps :-(.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                    Sorry if this seems a little off topic (though about propane and other gases).
                    I'm running my kc02 on propane and getting around 410-430 fps, could anyone hazard a guess what I would get running 144a gas or what ever the new maintenance gas is know as thelse days? Reason is I'm planning on using it on the AI 500 event next weekend and it has to be under 400fps :-(.
                    This might help you - a friend of mine used this guide on his 10/22 to bring it down to site limits on Abbey Ultra

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...eduction-guide

Comment

Originally posted by brooxy View Post
                      This might help you - a friend of mine used this guide on his 10/22 to bring it down to site limits on Abbey Ultra

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...eduction-guide
                      Wicked, cheers for the link. I think I have read that topic before but had forgotten about it. I think I will have a look at this tonight so I can continue using my propane cans. Cheers

Comment

I read somewhere that every time you fire a BB using a propane powered gun a small child in Africa dies of starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                          I read somewhere that every time you fire a BB using a propane powered gun a small child in Africa dies of starvation.
                          No...thats when you fit magpul stuff

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                            Pretty sure that happens anyway, probably just a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                              TBH im gonna leave the cans as is, not vent them/cool them down. Yeah I'll get less propane in the tank, but the risk of overfilling is drastically reduced.
                              I found it took less time to fill and checked the weight of the can after filling. some cans wont fill unless cooled/cooler than the main bottle. due to pressures being equal I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Planemo View Post
                                Interesting. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy anything else. What was the problem with yours then? I take it your main bottle was a different design or summat to the one they show in the YouTube video?
                                The valve on the bottle seems shorter than others I have seen and if I try to fit the can it hits the bottle when tightened and would start to bend the can.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reamer Find out more about Reamer
                                Working...
                                X