Customs taking the mick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs taking the mick

Hi guys. I recently ordered some airsoft gear from Asia and its been stuck in customs for about 3 days being processed. How long should I expect it to take to be processed? Thanks

Cheers, Ryan
    Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Re: CUSTOMS Taking the Mick

Whats in the package ? If its a gun , then its quite normal.

Comment

Its just some silencers and sights.
      Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Could be the silencers ? But then again we aren't in Canada !!!

Comment

Its all genuine G&P stuff if that helps.

Comment

whos the carrier?

Comment

Hong Kong Post, Its arrived in the UK its just pending inspection is customs.

Comment

has customs contacted you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan2T69 View Post
                  Its all genuine G&P stuff if that helps.
                  If it's from a reputable retailer and there's a fair bit of kit it sounds as simple as they are holding on to it while they calculate the VAT and extortionate fees you will have to pay to import them. Anything over £18 is subject to VAT etc. and the value will be written on the parcel. Probably nothing sinister about it being airsoft parts, just HM govt. wanting their share because you've spent a lot of money

Comment

Thanks for your response julesbloke. Customs have't contacted me or anything.

Comment

You might end up unlucky like myself and have a letter posted to you requiring you to pay absolutely insane fees to Parcelforce (Because they "pay on your behalf") before they will post your items to you.
                      Eg. I ordered a silencer and nine ball SAS kit for my pistol for a total of £52 and i get slammed with £48 worth of charges from parcelforce...
                      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

UKBA are slamming on massive bills of late. So expect a hefty charge.

Comment

i thought all parts from china were tax exempt from importing? thats why i got most of my rc car parts from china... lol i thought "the guy at my local club" new what he was talking about haha.

Comment

3 days is nothing!

I had something as simple as an MP7 NPAS held for nearly 2 weeks while it was "inspected" welcome to the wonderful world of importing.

Comment

Longest customs wait I had was 6 days, Parcelforce had it a further 4!
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
                              Working...
                              X