Customs taking the mick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CUSTOMS Taking the Mick

Dont know if its just me but Ive noticed a big increase in the amount of time we have to pay custom charges nowadays. It used to be you could order something from asia, and unless it was a gun, you could pretty much guarantee you wouldnt be charged custom charges for it. Nowadays, pretty much anything incures some sort of charge!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
      But then again we aren't in Canada !!!

AAAnyway, 3 days is nothing to wait as said above. I've waited several weeks for items to come. You've got to remember that you're not the only person with parcels that need checking. You also have to remember that you're not the most important person in the UK and that customs don't think so either.

Be patient. The only way you can avoid having charges slapped on you is to get the sender to write the value as a low price. Immoral, illegal, tax evading etc - your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
        Dont know if its just me but Ive noticed a big increase in the amount of time we have to pay custom charges nowadays. It used to be you could order something from asia, and unless it was a gun, you could pretty much guarantee you wouldnt be charged custom charges for it. Nowadays, pretty much anything incures some sort of charge!
        Everything I've ordered has always slipped through including 3 things in the last couple of weeks!

Comment

Re: Customs taking the mick

IF you have the package number, and it's apparently not been processed yet, couldn't you call HMRC and ask to pay directly? Then Parcel Farce have no justification to charge you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan2T69 View Post
            Hi guys. I recently ordered some airsoft gear from Asia and its been stuck in customs for about 3 days being processed. How long should I expect it to take to be processed? Thanks

Cheers, Ryan
            Three days?

That's nothing.

Have some patience.

And it can vary between an hour and three weeks for a parcel to clear customs Even longer sometimes.

Comment

I must have a chinese import luck dragon or something.
              What ever it is, its working.
              Never been stung, I was expecting the 2 TM Sopmod mags I ordered from HK to get stopped. They didnt though.
              Ordered them Friday last week and arrived yesterday (Thursday).
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm gonna have you place my next HK order....lol

Nearly £50 for an NPAS!!!

Hate to think what my WE P228 is gonna cost me in fees and inspection time!!!

Comment

3 days is nothing, I have a package stuck for a whole month. If parcelforce charge me for clearing the item I will rip them a new one as I spent 4 hours on the phone during that period sorting this problem out.

Comment

UPDATE on my parcel. Cleared customs and is due to arrive in Belfast tomorrow. Phoned PF and he says there is only a 20 pound fee to be paid. Result ! As the total order was over 500 pounds :D
                    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

Fantastic news guys. My order is now out of customs and now in transit. Thanks for all your responses.
                      Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
                      Working...
                      X