Customs taking the mick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CUSTOMS Taking the Mick

I think have worked out exactly what PARCEL FARCE do.

You will have a letter come through to you on FRIDAY'S. Why Friday? we'll its because they know most people will ask for it to be delivered on a Saturday and they charge around £20 for that service.

You WILL have some fees, usually import tax and Parcel Farce add on a % for handling your parcel and paying the fees on your behalf.

I look at this as paying postage twice.

Wait until your Letter comes through tomorrow and it will prove my theory

Comment

I'll keep you updated Coz
      Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

LUCKY YOU, ONLY 3 DAYS

I have a 1911 with mags stuck, been in customs since 02/07/2012, sent 3 letters and 4 emails away, still not even a response, its a total joke

Comment

Just had my parcel arrive last week. 2 days from Hong Kong then 8 days in customs. I had to pay 20% vat and about £15 in charges. If you want to speed it up call parcelforce and pay your extra charges over the phone like I did. It saves the time they take to send a letter to you that explains that you need to call them to pay the extra charges :-).

Comment

My plate carrier from the US was delayed by customs for 13 days whilst they figured out the VAT, then good old parcelforce delayed it a further 3 days whilst they figured out how much they could throw on top of the VAT before delivering.

Isn't about time we started thinking about how much bloody tax we pay in this country? Whichever party offers to lower my taxes has got my vote.
            I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda
            SKADOOSH!

Comment

My current order ;

2 days to get from Hong Kong and then it lies with HMRC I was told today that I cannot put in a compliant until 12 weeks have passed !!!
              This happened the last time I made an order from the same company and HMRC released it after 4 days.
              Parcel Force charged me £15 delivery ( even although they had already been payed ) and then they charged me VAT at 20% on the total price of my items.
              MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

2 days to get from Hong Kong and then it lies with HMRC I was told today that I cannot put in a compliant until 12 weeks have passed !!!
                This happened the last time I made an order from the same company and HMRC released it after 4 days.
                Parcel Force charged me £15 delivery ( even although they had already been payed ) and then they charged me VAT at 20% on the total price of my items.
                In the past when parcel farce has tried to charge me for delivery I pointed out they had already been paid for it and if they tried to make me pay would report them to the ombisman they soon back down but still have to pay for import tax

Comment

Really ? I heard someone else saying that before. I went up to collect my parcel the last time and paid over the counter. Should I bring it up with them there or fight it out on the phone ?

Comment

3 days? Wow, you have a serious impatience issue! :p My TM SCAR took nigh-on six weeks!

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                    i thought all parts from china were tax exempt from importing?
                    Seriously?...

Comment

lol, I knew it was going to be stopped as its just my luck so to be honest, I am not really bothered, Ill check its progress everyday but I am not expecting it anytime soon. FRV on Saturday ?

Comment

Yeh I thought it was too good to be true at first, especially when everything came to half the price, so wasnt bothered if customs screwed me over , even better they didn't!! Got my G&P ak body for like a tenner !!

Comment

I seem to remember they've changed something in the rules now to close the "loophole" about fees that they charge.

Essentially, before, it was incorrect (think it may actually have been illegal, can't remember) for them (parcel force or whoever) to hold your package to ransom (i.e. hold it until you pay fees). This was because no one had actually signed a contract to say "yes, Parcel Force can pay the fees on by behalf and do all the handling". You can actually contact customs direct to pay it theoretically.
                          A lot of people cottoned onto this and paid only the import tax/VAT as per the law. Parcel force then had no choice but to deliver the parcel like they'd been paid to already and invoice the person after.

A lot of people didn't get the invoice, and those who did ignored it, and nothing came of it.
                          Someone else even demanded the parcel force fees were refunded, and quoted the section of law... and got it as well with no fight.

From what I remember, they've now managed to get it changed so that they are allowed the hold the parcel until their fees are paid, even without us signing a contract.

This is all to the best of my knowledge, mostly because I can't find the thread, I think it was on ASCUK or possibly UKAZ before they lost some data. Don't have the time to find the exact sections of the postal act at the moment.

Comment

4 days from ordering. Arrived at the door. Just a pistol and a mag. No charges no delay. Ukara displayed clearly on the box. They must have been dragging immigrants from under trucks the day my gear hit our shores.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
                              4 days from ordering. Arrived at the door. Just a pistol and a mag. No charges no delay. Ukara displayed clearly on the box. They must have been dragging immigrants from under trucks the day my gear hit our shores.
                              ahahahahahaah lol
                              Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

You think you've got problems.... total piss take... I ordered a set of GOGGLES for the NAE... havnt arrived in time.. no need for them now!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
                                Working...
                                X