Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Things that YOU put on or in YOUR gun that work for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that YOU put on or in YOUR gun that work for you.

Well after reading the bitching, whining and moaning from others about how much they HATE!!! gri-pods, paint jobs and all those other things that are personal choice perhaps it is time for a nice thread for once.

So this thread is nice and simple, what do you put on your gun that works for you and why, is it because you like the look, find it improves your accuracy, matches your loadout or any other reason?

I DON'T want to see any bitching in this thread, everyone is entitled to the opinion they have but that opinion should not be used as an excuse to fling feces at the next person. I also want no stupid trolling posts, trying to say 'oh I likez putting a m150 spring in my AEG so it fires hot' or similar, this is a nice thread and lets see how long we can make a nice thread last on this forum.

So anyway I shall start:

Midcaps in my AEG: Because they reduce noise while giving me a decent capacity per magazine. Plus they come in a design that matches the sort of loadout I have assembled.
    Ultra in my gas pistols: Because it gives a nice average performance all year round for a gun that I don't plan to get more than 15-20m out of. It just works for me.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Oooooh!

Aegs, a sliding stock. I'm quite a small, thin (read athletic) guy. So short guns are my favourite. Whack a lipo in, make sure it turns over decently, an I'm away.

Gas guns, must be propane, nice fat grip, and decent dot sights.

The only sight I've ever thought is worth the money/time is a doctor, as its open top, small, and looks the biz

Comment

Re: Things that YOU put on or in YOUR gun that work for you.

It's a combination of useability and look for me.

I like the aimpoint on my 416 as much for the style as for aiming. My FAL, though, doesn't have any optics as I bought it to match a loadout.

I've got a couple of midcap p-mags and they're brilliant. This isn't a hate comment, but I don't like 90% of magpul gear in airsoft. Most of it has little or no bearing to the degree of control we have over our weapons, whereas in RS shooting (where the gun moves a shed load more than any GBBR will ever do) maintaining control is probably the most important factor. The other thing I don't like about it is that it's seen as fashion. Now, as the OP has said, this isn't somewhere to say what you don't like, but I thought my opinion on magpul gear puts my choice of p-mags into better perspective. I think they're brilliant and I'll be getting more for sure as I love the look, the feeding and the solid feel in the gun.

My shotty has got a torch on it, not because I use it, but because I was copying a real weapon I saw being used by a particular unit.
      sigpic

Comment

Mid caps: No noise, good capacity.
        Red dot scope: I can then see below where im aiming and can see if my shots are falling short.
        For Sale
        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Midcaps. Just more fun to use and make use of the pockets in my chest rig . Also the quiet bit is pretty neat. I have a dot sight and a torch for the rare occasion ill need either (admittedly almost never)
          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

I do like my guns bare bones as nature intended, my eyesight is pretty terrible, so any optics make aiming worse for me! I have been know to use a vertical foregrip for comfort, and a magnifier is useful for spotting (generally working if the guy im shooting is red or blue)!

Comment

Ooooh now that's better lol

Love my Noveske/Vltor M4 custom and have always loved M4's. I am though a sucker for Magpul in a big way and love the look of it and feel for me personally. I also like the combination I get with my T1. My set up also consists of my bright surefire scout light (to help stun the opponent for a few seconds) for CQB and my Magpul mids.
              Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

i used to run just 3 flash mags, would mean i kept my loadout reasonably light, but still had a decent amount of amo.
                just picked up some of the madbul 190rnd midcaps to replace them with though, as good as the flash mags where they still rattle. i now have 950 capacity with only 5 silent mags.

i normaly also like to have some form of optic, but only for looks as i trace the bb's flight path and adjust to suit. picked up an m14 that i used this weekend though, and i realy liked its iron sights so think im going to keep that without any bells or whistles
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

A decent variable zoom optic where possible, my eye sight is bad at the best of times so it helps me to actually see what is going on.
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                    I've got a couple of midcap p-mags and they're brilliant. This isn't a hate comment, but I don't like 90% of magpul gear in airsoft. Most of it has little or no bearing to the degree of control we have over our weapons, whereas in RS shooting (where the gun moves a shed load more than any GBBR will ever do) maintaining control is probably the most important factor. The other thing I don't like about it is that it's seen as fashion. Now, as the OP has said, this isn't somewhere to say what you don't like, but I thought my opinion on magpul gear puts my choice of p-mags into better perspective. I think they're brilliant and I'll be getting more for sure as I love the look, the feeding and the solid feel in the gun.
                    As you have justified your comment I have no issue at all. We all have things that we personally are not keen on just this thread was meant to counter the typical 'oh I h8 this sh!t ppl keep puting on ther own gunz' that this forum seems to have too many of.

And another from me to keep it on topic: 1911A1 style mgs in my 1911s. This is because if find the bumpers get in my way, making it harder to fit them in closed flap pouches too, plus the classic look does it for me, hence 47 mags in my AK too.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I like as little extra weight as possible on my guns and loadout due to having M.E.
                      So Im afraid I like highcaps so I can get away with two or three mags.
                      I hate having the iron sights in my optic so fold downs on every rifle.
                      Propane in gbb's as its cheaper.
                      Loads of mtp/multicam for a loadout because it looks "cool" even though all the dpm I have would do a much better job...lol

Si

Comment

Personally I like a laser mounted just under the barrel for CQB games.

It just allows for a more accurate hit rate on semi in faster paced games. I like the look of optics etc and flip down zoom scopes but unfortunately it's just dead weight for me.
                        TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Hi-caps for woodland, Mid for CQB (although a pistol is more fun )

Propane for my pistols because its cheap to run them and gives a nice kick

Solarforce torch with GREEN LED, it cost me £15 and shines up everything in green, very bright with a great throw.

SERPA holster, I have owned a few of these and find them to be the best, I have not lost a pistol yet.

Comment

Optics:
                            I have a cheap china clone reflex sight with 4 reticules. I paid peanuts for it in 2008 and i have changed the battery once. I find it great for CQB.
                            Elcan Spectre x4 clone (recently sold ) Excellent clarity and good eye relief so can be used with full face. Helps with "aiming off" on windy days or for spotting fall of shot at distance.

Grips:
                            Just about any vertical grip I find brilliant for improving stability. I couldn't get on with the angle type ones.

Stock:
                            I have arms like a circus freak show so a sliding stock is essential for getting that "just right" feel.

I have not played any games that require much else.

Comment

As I have mainly been playing night games at the Mall for a while:-

Midcaps - So I am not rattling around walking down the dark corridors and giving away my position.

Torch - So I don't end up head first down some stairs (gives away position but prefer that to stacking it down the stairs and breaking something)

Vert grip - Had a issue with my left wrist since a motorbike crash, so holding a gun without a vert grip gives me quite a bit of pain after a while (and it will still be like it for days afterwards).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                              Working...
                              X