Re: How long does it take you?

Takes me an entire night to prepare for the next day:

1) Fabreeze the sh*t out my kit
    2) Have a beer
    3) Charge Batteries
    4) Repeat Step 2
    5) Load speed loaders
    6) Repeat Step 2
    7) Fill Kitback with Primary weapon / Secondary / Sidearm / Eye protection / Scran / Fluids / Mags etc.
    8) Repeat Step 2
    9) Bosh a decent film on (Hurt locker / Black Hawk Down / Codename Geronimo etc)
    10) Repeat Step 2
    11) Bed.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

About an two hours minimum the night before, lay everything out and decide what I need based on the weather etc. Adjust any pouches on my plate carrier, chuck any extras like a tactical Twix or two into the holdall , then pack main kit bit by bit into the PC then that goes in with the boots and everything else into the holdall (BF Deployment Bag - highly recommend one) leave my trousers, UBACS, camelback bladder on top to remind me to fill it when I wake up. That way in the morning its up, shower, quick cuppa and out the door in 30 mins, grab some cash on the way from the ATM, job done. I quite enjoy the whole preparation part the night before to be honest, and generally find myself mucking about with something during the week anyway so could probably be out the door most days pretty sharpish with all my kit (not got loads, so it generally stays in the holdall anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
        Why don't you come up to us at Pathfinder in Neath Cav', great "private" site and great bunch of boys, you'd be most welcome and it's only about an hour and a half from you..next game's Feb 10.
        Sounds good, cheers. Would I need to book, or could I just turn up?

I'm often not sure if I can make a game until the day before, which is one of the main reasons for my choice being limited.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
          Sounds good, cheers. Would I need to book, or could I just turn up?

I'm often not sure if I can make a game until the day before, which is one of the main reasons for my choice being limited.
          No problem, we do like you to join the forum, as we're a club and not a commercial site, though we're pretty easy going but also pretty serious when we play, and a better bunch of blokes, you'd struggle to meet.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I normally charge my batteries two days before as my brother lacks a charger and he comes over the night before and does his batteries.

Then spend about half hour packing lol I tend to throw everything in and work it our later. I never pre load my mags because, i mean after all, how long does it take to load 4 mid caps and 2 hi caps?

I'm quite lucky in the fact i have a good few sites near me and i can have my pick. I like to not play the same site twice in a row

EAG gatwick is about 8 minutes away and EAG dorking is a 25 minute drive. Then I have UCAP sandpit, F&O Battle lakes, Ace Combat within an hour or so and F&O thunder ranch and the Mall arent too far off either.
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I do it all the nigt before so I get oinly a few houers sleep before I have to be up, Plus all my mates suddenly decide to drop batteries to me the night before so I am up all nigjht charging those
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Well I tweaked by bad knee yesterday (partially torn ACL) so my preps will be icing and heating my knee and loading up and anti inflammatories so I'm fit to play tomorrow.

Comment

I always clean my guns, charge my batteries etc the night of the skirmish. Also start the cleaning of my boots....that get finished the next day.

Takes me about 20mins, the evening before, to get ready as everything is stored ready to pack. All i need to do is fill mags and i'm away.
                  TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Charge the batteries a day or two before, 20 minutes packing my bag the night before, 30-40 minutes unpacking the bag and loading up in the safe zone. Game on.

Comment

about thirty mins to check everything is in the range bag that i need inc mags, gas, BB's and batteries and to grab the case with the guns in I want to use. The biggest time waster is picking the pistols I want to take. that can take an evening with constant mind changing.

Comment

barely anytime at all...

I cant use midcaps in the High Cycle because a Highcap can be emptied in a matter of seconds using a decent burst lipo, therefore I fill the highs up without winding them and stick them straight in the vest ready to go in the car. Charge batteries the night before.. job done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                        Working...
                        X