Suspected scammer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coski View Post
    As long as the gun remains in the bag inside the car, the buyer can still discretely view it.
    Thats how i bought my mp44 from just insides the gates of a raf base notheing wrong the blokes with real guns didnt even notis it firing. Just keep it discreat and not under a cctv camra

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Re: Suspected scammer.

Originally posted by aribos View Post
      So let me get this straight? You want to report to moderators that you have a) given no money over b) not agreed to a sale and c) the guy wanted to post instead of you going to his house.

Seriously, Come back when its someone who has taken your money and not posted an item out 3 weeks later. You are whining because you haven't got what you wanted.

Ever thought the user may only use the forum for sales and has in fact sold the items on other forums? Ever thought he may work all hours god send and not want people turning up at his house to collect stuff?

Honestly, nothing can be done because nothing is wrong, stop with the scaremongering because the person hasn't replied and look for the thing you want on other threads. This isn't a store, you can't guarantee what is and isn't sold at the time of PM, you won't always get a reply, the guy may just disappear for a few days because they have other commitments.

Stop making a drama out of nothing!
      Agreed.

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
      I think the issue raised is whether a post looks like a blatant scammer and at what point does it gets investigated and pulled.

Is it best to preempt a 90% 'potential' scam advert (protecting our existing user base as much as possible)

or...

... give the benefit of the doubt and wait for someone to be ripped off.

i definitely think the former.
      I think 100% the latter, when did innocent until proven guilty cease to become a pillar of civilised society? Oh wait it didn't.

Next you'll all be supporting Guantanamo Bay, because hey, locking up innocent people with no charges is fine, because you know, they might commit an atrocity sometime in the future.

Somewhat OTT, but stop being so short sighted!

If you don't think to pay using a method where you have some form of protection, and take some time to look at the other person feedback then hey, it's your own fault.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

It may even be that he's sold it and can't be bothered to write a reply, or you annoyed him into not wanting to sell to you, I think we've all been blanked by a really appealing sales thread post before.

Or (s)he could have been run over by a car, there so many possibilities that you are not considering but the easiest one for you seems to be to jump onto is that it's scam because (s)he didn't sell to you. Things happen and people act funny sometimes. I've had more than my fair share of weird responses on the sales threads- and look at the amount of feedback I have, not much.
        I think it's all a bit of a witchhunt, and given that you've only been on the forum for a month , i'd chillax a bit.

If this sounds overly blunt then I apologise, but that's the way things are. These forums are a means for private trades to be organised, not binding contracts for the seller to maintain correspondence on a sale that hasn't even been agreed upon.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Why not agree to meet at a skirmish site or the car park of the nearest airsoft shop / firearms dealer. failing that, if you live close enough and he doesn't want you at his place, offer him petrol, bus fare or taxi money and get him to deliver to your gaff, pay cash on delivery.

Comment

Hehe i can see it now man on bus shot for having gunshape object wrapped in binbags'

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
              Hehe i can see it now man on bus shot for having gunshape object wrapped in binbags'
              I would hope one doesn't transport rifs in bin bags on public transport.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
              Working...
              X