Collapse

p90 most cost effective compact cqb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: p90 most cost effective compact cqb?

lots of people seem to suggest using longer weapons in the folded stock position? i thought you still need to aim down site in cqb? thus would need the stock extended? I tried with the stock folded on my G36c and it just felt all wrong. I was still aiming down the site so might as well have the stock out.
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      ....too small Plus an odd type gearbox! :D
      Version 3 is odd?

Originally posted by steveoz View Post
      hmmm, there is a fair bit of choice.

I have looked at mp5k before, not bad, but I like to shoulder my rifles and the Mp5k with a stock looks a bit weird (a bit like a pistol with a stock).

An Mp5 sd6 is nice, but my brother has one and it's nice to have something that isn't the same (as I can use his anyway on occasion).

ICS full metal sig 552 is in the mix atm, and a serious contender for me as I like the seal look and it appears to be much shorter than a normal assault rifle.

I've looked at M4 Stubby's but for me, if it's an M4, it has to be the normal length (something just doesn't look right for me in the stubby form).

P90 is a contender again, but it's knowing whether it will be comfortable, and the mag changes.

So atm, it's still really between the KS P90 (with a barrel and hop up change, as I want the upper metal reciever) and the ICS full metal 552.

Judging from Plage's input its P90 1 and 552 Nil, and you other guys seem to like the P90 to so it's looking likely.

Anyone else have any views on the 552 though?

Cheers,
      Personally I'd go with the Sig 552 just because as you say it's something a little different.
      Size wise they're pretty much the same as an MP5A series and you get the advantage of being able to clip the mags together with the Sig as well as rails for lights and such.
      The only thing it doesn't come with is an optics rail but then neither does the MP5.
      I've had a P90 before and the one thing I would recommend is borrowing one for a game before you buy one. The length of the stock can be a little short for some people (I know it was for me).

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      I'm almost certain King Arms do midcaps for the SIG series, if not MAG certainly do them.
      Mag do them. $18 a pair form HK

Comment

just going to throw two possibilities in the pond see what you think. the ak beta, either with full stock, folding, sliding or none. And the g3sas again either with the full stock, sliding or none. I had the pleasure of using a mates tm p90 and g3sas when he still had them both great guns, but the only one i considered buying off him was the g3 because at the time there were no affordable p90 mid caps and i didnt want to carry around loads of low caps or keep having to reload them. You can get MAG 170round ones now though joy. But the mags are bloody huge, another downside. When i fired these two both had the same range and similar rates of fire, both were totally stock tm guns running on 8.4v batteries. The other interesting thing about the g3 is the mags not only hold 500rounds in the high caps, meaning having to carry less and making getting through tight spaces easier, but they have huge springs in them, once wound all the way the 3 mags that my mate had for his gun would unload an entire mag off one wind.

As for the ak i just like aks so bought one of those great fun, tiny profile and stock my JG had a great rof and range for such a small gun.

your only other option is for something like a gas mp7, if you have given that any thought?

Comment

AKS 74U, small enough for you?

Plus, AK parts are as easy to get as a dose of the clap on a night out in Bangkok and almost as cheap.

sigpic

Comment

Heads

And I have an AK46 already, fantastic workhorse but, even a small spetznaz will still be an ak to me.

I'm not into gas either, I'd like to be, but I have just had too many issues with gas guns in the past.

The G3 sas doesn't look too bad actually, but again with a stock it will be around the same as the sig perhaps?

I just spoke to my brother on the phone, and he was of the opinion to get a p90, as it's a bit different to other 'generic' assault rifles, although they are all different to me
            Weapons of Choice:
            G&G SOC-16
            Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
            JG - AK47 tactical
            VFC Scar - L
            Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

KAC PDW.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the comments guys, for now it's going to be a P90, entering my card details as I type this in another window!!
                Weapons of Choice:
                G&G SOC-16
                Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                JG - AK47 tactical
                VFC Scar - L
                Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

Gotta be a p90. And if you do go for one, its gotta be the TM. Seriousley pal, the mag changes are fine after a tiny bit of practice, and there isnt really a more comfortable weapon to hold for its size.
                  Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

go for the cheaper acm hicap mags, they do work without falling to bits and at £6-£8 per mag not a bad price

Comment

G3 SAS....Cheap, reliable, holds lots of ammo and doesnt look like someones cut an L96 in half!

Comment

The P90's a superb AEG- but I'd always reccomend someone try it before they buy, simply because that foregrip is ergonomically excellent but it's very compact.... I found it simply not to have enough room/length for my supporting hand for all day use- I could feel the begginings of 'tennis elbow/P90 elbow' from having my supporting hand in a single position.

Also, the RD version's sight is great but impossible to get your eye onto with full face.

If you're looking at the SIG552 then why not an M733?- pretty much the same thing in terms of length and portability, but with more choice on the magazine front....add a crap grey suit and go for the Heat look
                        Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                        Working...
                        X