Violent Behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Violent Behaviour

Sadly, airsoft is filled with guys that fancy themselves the alpha male and yet... can't take more than a single BB without kicking up a stink. I tend to think there's at least one at every site and have yet to be proven wrong. These guys usually spit their dummies out and start hosing everyone they see.

There really is no excuse for violent behaviour of any kind, including point blank bursts of 10.
    Aggressive physical contact and a blatant disregard for safe practice should result in an instant ban from any site. Warnings should be issued for all excessively vulgar language. The rules must apply to everyone or they're not worth having.

The amount of angry parents I've had to apologise to (on behalf of foul mouthed players) is beyond belief.

As frustrated as you are, I wouldn't recommend involving the police at all, unless a player was nothing short of assaulted and beaten. Airsoft gets closer to the guillotine every time something stupid happens (and let's face it, scuffling over a game is pretty bloody stupid). Don't let it knock your confidence. Now that he's gone, just dust off and go back to enjoying the hobby.

It's one less of them on your field and it's only a matter of time before he's banned from his next venue.
    Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 16 July, 2013, 12:49. Reason: OCD spelling correction

Comment

Even if you reported it to the fuzz - the incident's well past now, the victim wasn't injured other than pride and isn't fearing further damage, so the law will most likely mark it off as NFA (No Further Action - or "not f*cking arsed") anyway.

Best thing to do would be to go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all of this to blow over.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

Bitches be like , all there guns are hot , (everyone chronos there guns , non are hot ) well....there using heavier bbs.. Com on now lads, behave

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
          Overkill does not exist... It is merely an unwillingness to wear the safety equipment ADVISED at all game briefs.
          How much safety equipment someone is wearing has nothing to do with overkill. If I'm wearing a suit of armour and someone unloads an entire mag into me after I've declared myself hit is it therefore not overkill because I didn't feel anything?

If its not overkill what is it? Necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
            ...As frustrated as you are, I wouldn't recommend involving the police at all, unless a player was nothing short of assaulted and beaten. Airsoft gets closer to the guillotine every time something stupid happens (and let's face it, scuffling over a game is pretty bloody stupid)...
            Glad I scrolled through before saying basically the same thing. This is only going to annoy the police, there's very little chance they are going to take any action on the guy, but it will be a black mark in the minds of your local constabulary. As a community we really need to plug the "responsible and conscientious hobbyists" image and not a bunch of bellends playing soldiers and acting tough.

As far as the incident goes, it looks like weak marshalling to me: the lad should have been given a timeout and told to calm down and grow up long before this incident happened. The way you tell it the build up was all day and should have been very obvious that something like it was going to happen.

Comment

I Marshall, So would take them both out the game, calm em down and settle the dispute, tell em to man up and get on with the game, any issues they can leave the site!

of course in a nice and gentle calming tone

Comment

Originally posted by mad dog View Post
                Yes, Calming tone. 34565231.jpgfull-metal-jacket-c.jpg

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

All sites need that rare person who can stand confidently square in front of some testosterone and adrenaline filled guy and tell him to stop being a silly boy, while at the same time not being that stroppy meathead who gets on everyone's wick.
                  But if you can't have that perfect balance, I'm afraid I'd always prefer to put up with a slightly overbearing marshal than to put up with terrible players.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                    Overkill does not exist... It is merely an unwillingness to wear the safety equipment ADVISED at all game briefs.
                    To the above quote: I hope that was not entirely serious? Not wearing a full face mask does not entitle a player who knows I am already hit to continue lacing me up and down. (This, being technically outside the rules of the game, could be assault) Overkill does exist. 9 times out of 10 it is accidental, but malicious overkill, sadly, does happen.

To the OP: you could probably go the police but as stated there is basically no point. He's kicked off site/banned, good times.

To the community generally: why the hell do people get violent over airsoft? I just don't understand it. 'adrenalin and testosterone' are no excuse. Calm down.

I really despair when I hear and witness scenarios like this. It's not made better by the high horse jumpers who probably aren't dickish enough to start an altercation, and are chivalrous in the face of cheating/overkill etc, but will quite happily post 'yeah shouldve given him 2000 bbs back' or 'a slap round the chops would sort it' or 'when I displayed how hard I am to X dickish player he soon though better of it'

The macho personas from both sides in our game of soldiers with toy guns are pathetic at the end of the day.
                    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Well frankly put, if someone at ANY time decides they want to try and pin me to a tree or something, they can crack on. I certainly wont make it easy for them to threaten my personal safety, that Im entitled to.
                      Simples.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        Well frankly put, if someone at ANY time decides they want to try and pin me to a tree or something, they can crack on. I certainly wont make it easy for them to threaten my personal safety, that Im entitled to.
                        Simples.
                        But that's preciesely what I mean! If you have the desire and the means to get physical in self defence, then good for you.

But why you need to put that out there on a public forum? To warn people? To impress them? To show ow 'ard u are? That's the bit I don't understand.... A disproportionate amount of people on here seem to do it.
                        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          Simples.
                          What if I make it worth your while

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
                            But that's preciesely what I mean! If you have the desire and the means to get physical in self defence, then good for you.

But why you need to put that out there on a public forum? To warn people? To impress them? To show ow 'ard u are? That's the bit I don't understand.... A disproportionate amount of people on here seem to do it.
                            Because its a forum?
                            Stating a fact as 'another' course of action.

The op wanted thoughts on the situation, I gave exactly what I think and would do.

Is it so wrong to act in self defense? Or does that suddenly make someone an 'internet toughguy' by the sheer mention of acting in self defense?

Abbadon, only Jaffa cakes (The good ones and not the paupers versions :p ) could make it worth my while. :p
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by mad dog View Post
                              I Marshall, So would take them both out the game, calm em down and settle the dispute, tell em to man up and get on with the game, any issues they can leave the site!

Good for you, there are a hell of a lot of members here that do the same thing.

Taking a reasonable level of "testosterone" (or more accurately bull.) Into account, airsoft is still a none contact game, melee rules inclusive.

Sense above was not as far as I am aware veing "big and clever" or "showing off" he was stating a point, may have been a little reactionary in attitude, electronic media is singularly atrocious at conveying nuance.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
                              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

taking the close range hits i would have probably reacted the same, effin and blinding, and would have removed myself from situation, BUT if someone blind sides or tries attacking me from behind, they better have something else to back their actions up, cus i would go into full defence mode from then on... hulk no like
                                'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
                                'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
                                Originally posted by Hawke
                                Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RevJaxx 34 Years Old and still reasonably healthy Find out more about RevJaxx
                                Working...
                                X