This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teenage Airsofters

well, personally depending on where i play i like having the "I R RAMBO" type players on my side as they can be the advantage. BUT to be honest, U18 players RARELY go balls out like RAMBO.

I play at bristol CQB and always find the RAMBO's are vital there as its a really small CQB site so S.A.A. skills are vital.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
      I really wish I was allowed to take an airsoft gun to work and shoot at all the screaming kids running around my workplace.
      After seeing some of your facebook statuses im GLAD they dont :P

Reaver
      "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

Originally posted by R34V3R View Post
        i know that myself, and SeanSamurai, have had the pleasure of getting to know, and playing/fighting alongside some of the younger (sub 20) players in our local area, whilst its true you get the odd "I R RAMBO" type, for the most part they are pretty switched on, and pointing them in the right direction or helping out with problems or questions they have hasnt driven me insane, yet.
        I dont judge on first appearance, il wait to see how they act in the safe zone, in game, and when one of the marshals decides to turn the safety brief into either a stand up comedy routine or a crusade for a pasty.

Reaver
        Hell, I started a whole new section for my team just for under 18s, they have their own Facebook page which is secret to all bar 2 of us as overall mods (just to check up and makesure nothing illegal is happening).

I've got nothing against young players at all, there is some great talent there.
        I do dislike the quintessential play station generation though that insists to be spoon fed information, or don't actually do any leg work to find out relevant laws etc. This also leads on to the ones who decide to break the law then get sh1tty because they have been pulled up on it. Then start threads like 'adults am bullying asshats' or something.

Play by the rules, obey the laws and be a good sport, you won't have issue from many (only the typical idiots who no one likes anyway).
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Whilst I certainly wouldnt "bully" or belittle them, I just dont really enjoy airsofting with kids. I dont really know why, I just dont. Maybe its because somehow I always seem to end up on the team full of kids and looking like Jimmy Saville :P but joking aside, I wouldnt hang out or play with kids anywhere else so why would I want to go airsofting with them? Maybe Im just a miserable old fart. Im in a sort of funny age range, too old to hang out with the cool kids, but too young to be a "dad" figure and bond with kids that way. Maybe when I hit my 30s things will change :P

That being said, I really wish I was allowed to take an airsoft gun to work and shoot at all the screaming kids running around my workplace.
          I can see how playing with kids can be frustrating but it's not going to stop anytime soon as for some reason guns are becoming incredibly attractive for young people, wrong I know. My brother was devastated when he heard I would be joining him on his ventures but, if the young person has a general interest and passion for the sport, they should be just as easy to get along with as the elder players. Ha....Jimmy Saville.

Comment

The biggest issue is keeping the hobby safe from the Daily Mail readers. (Other papers are read by left wing, tree hugging hippies too)

When the VCRA was being re-vamped in 2006 / 7 the hobby was nearly banned in the UK and is under constant threat from the afore mentioned lefties and do-gooders as they are mis-informed about what we do.

Any contravention to the law, act of stupidity or moment of bad press adds to their argument. As we know on the news, only the bad stuff gets reported and leaves a false image of the world as all the good work people do is not considered news worthy.

Each time somebody tries to buy guns illegally or acts against the VCRA this endangers the hobby.

The seasoned players lived through the change and almost had the hobby they loved taken from them. That is why we jump on the noobs (normally youngsters - but not always). They have no idea of the history of the hobby and how close it came to extinction within our fair Isles. They need a short sharp shock to bring them into line before any serious damage is done. Also, there will be evidence of a self policing / regulating ethos within the industry which can only be a good thing should we ever be required to defend ourselves again.

Comment

Originally posted by R34V3R View Post
              After seeing some of your facebook statuses im GLAD they dont :P

Reaver
              I got horrified looks in the staffroom yesterday when I suggested Tesco implement a new "three strikes" rule for shoplifters;

1st strike gets you a slap on the wrist
              2nd strike gets your wrists chopped off Sharia style
              3rd strike, youre dragged to the store foyer for the whole shop to see, forced to your knees and shot in the back of the head.

Personally I think its a great idea... the manager didnt agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JonSims View Post
              I can see how playing with kids can be frustrating but it's not going to stop anytime soon as for some reason guns are becoming incredibly attractive for young people, wrong I know.
              Because guns are cool, guns always have been cool and always will be cool :P And thats not a bad thing! Christ when I was a young'un me and my friends had a vast selection of air rifles, air pistols, blank firing guns, and cheap springer BB guns and we did some seriously naughty/stupid stuff with them, looking back Im damn lucky I never saw the business end of an armed response unit! But you know what, kids are kids and I dont regret it at all Of course Id never let my own kids do the same or condone other people doing it! Hah...

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying under 18s shouldnt be allowed to play, but I do find it frustrating that whilst a lot of sites run under 18 game days, hardly anywhere (that isnt a milsim event) run over 18 only games.

Its great that new younger players want to get involved and continue the sport, Id just rather not play with them if I could avoid it

(also I feel kinda bad shooting really young kids, like the 14yr old thats come along with his dad, heh)

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                Hell, I started a whole new section for my team just for under 18s, they have their own Facebook page which is secret to all bar 2 of us as overall mods (just to check up and makesure nothing illegal is happening).

I've got nothing against young players at all, there is some great talent there.
                I do dislike the quintessential play station generation though that insists to be spoon fed information, or don't actually do any leg work to find out relevant laws etc. This also leads on to the ones who decide to break the law then get sh1tty because they have been pulled up on it. Then start threads like 'adults am bullying asshats' or something.

Play by the rules, obey the laws and be a good sport, you won't have issue from many (only the typical idiots who no one likes anyway).
                I now see that as a major problem. My generation is becoming ever so lazy and rely on that spoon for everything and because of this, they feel that rules aren't applicable to them. They probably see the VCRA and are like

yao-ming-meme-generator-fuck-that-shit-fe9d08.jpg

Comment

This sort of tard I think puts everyone's back up.

1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've played with some great U-18 players before, in many way I found them more mature than some of the older regulars whooping, hollaring and generally acting like dicks in the middle of a game.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I got horrified looks in the staffroom yesterday when I suggested Tesco implement a new "three strikes" rule for shoplifters;

1st strike gets you a slap on the wrist
                      2nd strike gets your wrists chopped off Sharia style
                      3rd strike, youre dragged to the store foyer for the whole shop to see, forced to your knees and shot in the back of the head.

Personally I think its a great idea... the manager didnt agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Because guns are cool, guns always have been cool and always will be cool :P And thats not a bad thing! Christ when I was a young'un me and my friends had a vast selection of air rifles, air pistols, blank firing guns, and cheap springer BB guns and we did some seriously naughty/stupid stuff with them, looking back Im damn lucky I never saw the business end of an armed response unit! But you know what, kids are kids and I dont regret it at all Of course Id never let my own kids do the same or condone other people doing it! Hah...

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying under 18s shouldnt be allowed to play, but I do find it frustrating that whilst a lot of sites run under 18 game days, hardly anywhere (that isnt a milsim event) run over 18 only games.

Its great that new younger players want to get involved and continue the sport, Id just rather not play with them if I could avoid it

(also I feel kinda bad shooting really young kids, like the 14yr old thats come along with his dad, heh)
                      I find it so fun being that 15yr old getting shot at. The adrenaline, good gosh!

Comment

The point of me posting this is to explain to elders that airsoft isn't always easy for younger players
                        to fit in and a few people I've known have given up due to being picked on and being victims of
                        something similar to that of cyber bullying due to the older generations getting fed up.
                        Harsh as it may sound but why should I care?

I have never bullied or belittled a young gun on a gameday and generally I want to try and make them feel included (parent/guardian also) as I started airsofting on my own. HOWEVER on pretty much ever forum/webpage/interweb thingy there is a little e-button that normally has something like 'Post reply' or 'Post message' and no-one is forcing young guns to press that button without either proof reading what they have typed or researching the question first. They post sh!t threads and get sh!t posts as a reply.... kinda karmic if like me you think that way. I like a simple rule of 'engage brain and then post' as it will tend to weed out most of the pointless drivel that gets reposted every school holiday. Take this very thread for example whilst it has been well thought out and is polite and intelligible it's one that has been done to death numerous times before. The only time age matters to me is when some little (underage and no defence) oik tries to buy a RiF/IF that I might be selling. As long as an underage person isn't trying to buy something off me then I don't give a rats ass how old they are.

Comment

I find it so fun being that 15yr old getting shot at. The adrenaline, good gosh!
                          So you're only 15 yourself?
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Yes I'am only(?) 15.

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...o-china-clones

Then you've tried breaking the law and as a result, anything you post on here will only serve to frustrate people as people such as yourself endanger the sport we enjoy.

That's why.

Yes I'am only(?) 15.
                              You may not attempt to obtain a RIF or IF unless you're over 18.

You aren't, by your own admission.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

The only thing ill really disagree with is the "playing isn't always easy for young players".
                                To be utterly honest, that's life.
                                What the young players forget is, the adults have jobs to keep, bills to pay and other stuff that takes priority.
                                Most adults don't have the bank of mummy and daddy to play with, we also have to jump through hoops to be able to buy gats in a realistic paint colour.

Edit.
                                Noticing BAMFs post.
                                Ouch, that's not cool at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JonSims Find out more about JonSims
                                Working...
                                X