Preferred CQB weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preferred CQB weapons

The price bit was aimed at Mister Zsaszsassazssazsasassaszazsz... But yeah, the TM 416 is a nice little beasty to use. Especially with the mags switched to 30 rounders...
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yea got a few 30 round pmags and love them. Don't actually own any hi caps. All low and mids.

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
        It makes me laugh when people automatically assume that for CQB you NEED the shortest weapon you can get your hands on. I was running around a CQB site with a full length M4 with no problems. I have done room clearance with an M16 with a suppressor on. It's not about the weapon you use, it's more to do with your movements in my opinion.

Off topic a little there... Sorry.

I'm currently rocking a TM HK416 with the full 14.5" barrel. Bit out of your price range but it's good fun. Any M4 based rifle with a 10.5" barrel will do you fine. Although if you can rock out with the 14.5" barrel + M203... You'll love it.
        No need to apologise mate, its a totally valid point. Im not looking purely because CQB must equal short weapons, ive cleared rooms with my M4 203, but as im not the smallest lad (big not fat!) i jsut though something like an MP5 or a CRW M4 might make things a dash easier for me
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
          Thats another thing im curious about and even though i can read about it online, id rather get first hand experience. Whats the deal with MOSFET's? are they actually worth it?
          Mosfets should be fitted to all aegs as the the pros massively outweigh the cons .
          Trigger contact wear is 99% removed by them . The gearbox is able to do a full mechanical cycle for every pull of the trigger , thus removing gearbox lock ups and jamming. Trigger response is massively improved as is battery life . And that is with just a basic MOSFET , further up the range you gain active braking , burst/ single shot delay , auto lipo protection / cut off , diagnostics and removal of mechanical parts of the gearbox that can be prone to failure .
          Because they make the gearbox cycle properly each trigger pull they reduce wear from mis cycling parts
          They so enable more powerfull battery's to be used in a gun , as arcing is almost non existant when fitted .
          Cons . Can be damaged by getting wet , pulling wires and sometimes vibration , qc failure and with higher end stuff , fire wires being fragile ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
            No need to apologise mate, its a totally valid point. Im not looking purely because CQB must equal short weapons, ive cleared rooms with my M4 203, but as im not the smallest lad (big not fat!) i jsut though something like an MP5 or a CRW M4 might make things a dash easier for me
            My vote goes for an MP5. My ICS was an absolute monster out of the box. Only downside is it's a different mag, so new pouches and new mags would be required... Although there are several MP5k PDW setups for sale on here for around £160 which would give plenty of money left over for pouches and other bits you may need. I've been tempted myself but as a recent TM Recoil convert... I'll be saving my pennies for another recoil.
            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well as i said before, my M16 is a winner, especially doorkickig with the masterkey.
              But right now, KWA Vector :D
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                Well as i said before, my M16 is a winner, especially doorkickig with the masterkey.
                But right now, KWA Vector :D
                Must be one of the few vectors still working ! They seem to be breaking faster than a prostitutes virginity nowadays .

Comment

Its not hard to get spares or care for the things.
                  Most people seem to expect rather complex mechanics to just work infinitely, but the reality is it wont if you dont look after it...
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Some guns spares are easier to source than others .!

Comment

OR.....

Froglube and a basic knowledge of how firearms work.

Seems to work with my kriss. Comes down to whether or not you can actually be bothered to maintain the thing or not. Mine gets stripped down cleaned and relubed after every game day.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Dosnt help when the cams wear flat / break and spares are hard to come by . Seems to be a very common problem with them ( loss of burst function ) and cracked receivers seem to be its bugbears .a lot of them are hitting the classifieds at the moment at very cheap prices , all with the same faults ..

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post
                          I like using my M4 but i have a Tm MP7A1 as a Back up for the tight corners. But only if my GBB pistols are playing up.
                          What's the TM MP7 like to use? I've handled it and the layout is brilliant, with everything in easy reach but wanted to know what it's shortcomings were when used.

I've gotta say that the VFC Dagger which was mentioned earlier in this thread is an awesome looking gun. The fact that it uses M4 mags is a big plus point too!

Comment

Five of the lads on my team swear by and have KWA m4 compacts. All put out a consistent 335fps, sound great, look like angry little beasts and shorterer than my Magpul CQB MOE.
                            They really are an excellent bit of kit as they can be used in all AORs, CQB, woodland, absolutely everywhere due to their long range!

I personally find that a grenade in every room is fun!
                            Last edited by Muzz; 15 August, 2013, 00:18.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft.
                            Be Ali.....go on!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak212 View Post
                              What's the TM MP7 like to use? I've handled it and the layout is brilliant, with everything in easy reach but wanted to know what it's shortcomings were when used.

I've gotta say that the VFC Dagger which was mentioned earlier in this thread is an awesome looking gun. The fact that it uses M4 mags is a big plus point too!
                              From my experience the only shortcoming with the TM MP7 GBB is the small mag capacity, only 40 shots per mag so if you're used to blatting away with 120bb midcaps it's a bit of an eye opener! If you're not fussed about it being GBB though the AEP version has proper mid caps and high caps, but there are some actual shortcomings with it, not least of all the woeful (even for a TM) FPS, it's not everything but when you're 100 FPS below site limits it's a lot!

Comment

for CQB i use th WE scar GBBR,nothing quite like hearing the loud sound of it followed by a very meek "hit" yes it only has 30rd mags and i only carry 5-6 with me but thats wot pistols are for lol
                                Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                                Working...
                                X