Collapse

British airsoft club announcement......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British airsoft club announcement......

I applaud Qlimax for doing this. A serious, sport threatening fault has been highlighted.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Thanks gents

Comment

I gotta ask as this is the first time i've heard of the BAC, what is the BAC and what do they do?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

BAC are basically the alternative to UKARA so once you have played your three games if you don't want to pay high membership fee for a site ukara you can go to these guys who give you a defence but they only have a limited amount of retailers which accept them and their yearly fee is cheap cheap but their checks are SHITE from my investigation a UKARA transfer application they check nothing and just allow the application to be accepted.

Comment

from my point of view it sounds like a scam thats only half lying, like an insurance company.

Comment

basically they are just after your money, whether they actually give a toss about the sport is another story but they shouldn't be allowed to issue ANYTHING to anyone based on my findings and I am sure if this was handed to the right people they'd be stopped or at least I would hope it would. UKARA works, yes it may be a little expensive at some sites for membership fee's but at least it's safe and more to the point honest & true.

Comment

Originally posted by Qlimax87 View Post
                basically they are just after your money, whether they actually give a toss about the sport is another story but they shouldn't be allowed to issue ANYTHING to anyone based on my findings and I am sure if this was handed to the right people they'd be stopped or at least I would hope it would. UKARA works, yes it may be a little expensive at some sites for membership fee's but at least it's safe and more to the point honest & true.
                Hear Hear!

Comment

So it has been brought to my attention that their are a number of people which believe that I am now a Dishonest member of the airsoft community and UKARA but the steps taken were no different to what an investigative journalist would do. Also a quote has been made to me which I will put to the public and them to make their own minds up.

Is it wrong for the police to act as a child on web chats to catch Pedos !!!!!!
                  Last edited by Qlimax87; 1 June, 2014, 08:48.

Comment

I havent been airsofting for over a year and when i return i will do the same as i did when i started up... get my games and apply, If i was dodgey i could do what this guy has highlighted. Good for you for doing it, I think you will find more people on here are glad you have done it and dont think your dishonest.

Personally i think UKARA should make it easier for people to make checks (atleast im not aware of a place to check someone else) apart from pestering the ukara site with emails

Comment

It's all on their Facebook page people saying I am dishonest. The only dishonest party here is BAC for not doing checks they so claim they do.

Comment

I think you were right to test them, if we didn't know this and bac continued to get away it would be a ticking time bomb! Good on you! You didn't pay for the membership or actualy use it as a defense, you just tested the water.

1st commando, what did you uncover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Excuse my spelling

Comment

The trust issue was raised to them many times. I myself commented on it through my website and they replied with a comment on how the industry is built on trust. It is good that they have amended their policy, but show's that they weren't carrying out due diligence in the first place. How many checks have they completed all together is the question that should be asked now.

Comment

So....someone in their admin fucked up. They should have just admitted this and managed internally as other companies do. The fact that they tried to wriggle out of it has made it worse in the eyes of many airsofters. What is more worrying though is that if this has an impact on retailers joining up then there is no point in having it in the first place.

I myself have my own defence that was my old UKARA number and it's since changed to a PASS number that is accepted by all but a few retailers. No cost to pay (even when with UKARA I was lucky as the site didn't charge).

The only benefit of this BAC is that if you are a player across multiple sites the you can get a defence, great idea if it works and I wish them luck and hope it works once they got the kins sorted and addresses and serious issues

it is a little worrying in regards to their statement about the industry being build in trust. Whilst it would be nice if true, I can't see many retailers getting away with saying this in court when asked why the sold a RIF to a 12 year old using his dad's credit card or something. I can just hear them now, "well BAC told me it was ok"
                            sigpic

Comment

No news my end yet as I was busy on saturday but I will follow it up when i get back to work

Comment

Originally posted by Qlimax87 View Post
                                It's all on their Facebook page people saying I am dishonest. The only dishonest party here is BAC for not doing checks they so claim they do.
                                Not me, i got your back :P

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Qlimax87 Find out more about Qlimax87
                                Working...
                                X