Pimped or simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pimped or simple

simple for me the only thing i have is an aim point, maybe a torch if needed. other than a battery pack not alot else is needed imo

Comment

Originally posted by lemon191 View Post
      simple for me the only thing i have is an aim point, maybe a torch if needed. other than a battery pack not alot else is needed imo
      +1

I add a torch when I need one and take it off when I don't. Same with sights.

Comment

Fiddling with internals = upgrades, not 'pimping' (er - that is, if done correctly, could be downgrades if done poorly).

As for the externals, simple all the way. Some designs are perfect the way they are (Kalashnikovs, M14s, early M16s) and some look horrible in their real-steel 'pimped' configuration (Kalashnikovs especially). It's confusing to me that people should want to dump all this stuff on their gun when they're for totally different scenarios or are completely redundant - I mean, if there are M4gerys on this site that have the original iron front sight and a flip-up. Why? If you've got the vertical foregrip for CQB, why have you got the sniper scope on there too?

Putting a few accessories on can be good, if they at least make some semblance of sense. Remember, this stuff is QD for a reason; if I don't need it right now, I take it off!

Comment

Personally half way through pimping the living crap out of my KSC Glock 18c. But in a subtle manner - the RS steel adjustable sights, extended mag release, extended RS slide lock lever.... (and eventually the olive frame) - most people will just look at it and think "big woop, normal glock". Every single upgrade (well, apart from the olive frame) has a purpose - long range target shooting can now be zeroed (and after the entirely upgraded internals you'd hope the thing is bloody accurate!), I can rapidly and easily operate the various different controls, job done!

It will also looks hella cool if you love your glocks (once it's finished... just selling stuff on ebay to afford the last few shiny things!) :P
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Accessorising weapons is a learning process. I remember a game in my early days when I had a VFG, harris, red-dot and a suppressor on a 14.5" AR with a solid stock; that thing was just silly. I dropped the bi-pod and I've not used one since, even on bolties; suppressors I do occasionally rock purely because of the aesthetic despite the minimal effectiveness when attached to an AEG. The foregrips and optics are pretty much essential for me personally. Used to run 40mm launchers quite often as well, but again, I learnt that although they're great fun and look cool, they're often not particularly useful.

Anyway, point is that a lot of newbies start off by seeing 20mm rails and going "ooh, must fill up with stuffz!" hence the multiple AEG M4s I see every game that are loaded down with a ton of stuff that's not really any good, usually wielded by a young'ish blokes wearing CS95, a black Web-tex vest and a very poorly fitted cordura drop-leg holster that's been filled with an over-sized WE gas pistol and hence is left swinging wildly in the breeze. I was pretty much one of those guys myself at one stage, but over the course of time and skirmishes I learnt how to set my weapons up in a more efficient fashion.

Now, it's fairly rare for me to strap on anything more than a foregrip and some sort of aiming device, but then attaching accessories isn't necessarily what some people might term 'pimped'. I run a lot of Magpul/VLTOR/Troy parts built in to my rifles, pistol grips, handguards etc, and I know there's lots of people out there who (for some unknown reason) choose to get all riled up about that fact as if it somehow affects them or their skirmish experience. But end of the day, if they've got a problem with it, they're quite welcome to foxtrot oscar and keep their uninteresting opinions to themselves.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Ive always built my guns to a specific loadout or for what i need for a specific game,for example i always have a ris front end on my assault rifles,
              I play woodland on the weekends so no need for flashlights ect but i play night games and 24hr weekender so a ris is essential for quick attachments of things like a flash light,always handy at night plus mine have IR so i can use with my pvs's,a forgrip not essential but handy and a 4 x acog as its handy to see that your actually hitting the person your shooting at and not dropping short and calling the guy a cheet ! plus they have iron sights/doctor sights on top for cqb and quick aiming,
              Ive got two loadouts i use at the moment,UKSF with my Diemaco L119a1 and sig p226 and a royal marine loadout with my SA80,L129a1 and sig p226,
              I never criticise people that have lazers,203s,drum mags ect but i dont really see the point unless there for a specific reason !

Pics of my current guns below,i know there not to everyones taste but everythings there for a reason or to meet a loadout look ! what do you think?
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm in the "If it serves a purpose, do it" camp.

Playing a woodland game during the day? Yeah the flashlight and laser aren't going to be the most useful so will probably stay in the kitbag, if playing in a mixed environment I'd probably stick the torch on but not a laser. Foregrip will be standard kit unless I'm running a M203 underneath. I use an Eotech clone for easier sighting, serves its purpose and considering a magnifier for it, but only when I can be expected to do a fair amount of both CQB and rural/woodland combat.

With my Mk23 though, the LAM stays on, just don't think it looks right without the LAM haha.
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

• Cba to take it all off lol. Torch and peq stay on.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

In amendment to my earlier post my LAM cannot be removed anymore as I lent out the pistol for someone's dissertation and they seem to have detached the wheel from its screw lol.
                    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I like a healthy mix. Rail systems, but nothing on them. Bare rails are all kinds of sexy, espically if they travel the whole length of the gun.

No point adding extra weight.

Comment

I keep my M4 simple as possible. Tried it with scope and it's a compleate paperweight for me. Nothing wrong with it it just feels wrong so i just keep it basic. Though sometimes it do like to add a bayonett to the works :D
                        "It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. " - Robert Edward Lee

Comment

I fair bits and pieces on mine, nothing mental.

Think I may leave the torch in my kit bag for woodland games, though!

Comment

Surely it depends on how you play?

Storming a room and blinding the people inside with a flash light is great fun!
                            So too is slapping a red dot on a doorway you know contains a bad guy, good for quick firing without having to totally shoulder the rifle.

Pimp for the win

Comment

ive chucked loads of bits on my guns in the past but now i just find it gets in the way i just attatch to the gun what i need... which is pretty much just a torch and pressure pad and spend the rest of my cash on internal upgrades, mags, bb's and skirmish days. light and simple works much better for me and less to loose on the field or break!
                              Mitch

Comment

simply pimped?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X