Pimped or simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pimped or simple

It is your gun, do want you want with it should really be the answer to this thread.

But either way, i don't see the need for too many extras, doesn't mean anyone is going to play better.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post

But either way, i don't see the need for too many extras, doesn't mean anyone is going to play better.
      I disagree with the not making a difference to your game bit- i play cqb/fibua and find a torch to be essential, or you become useless when trying to clear rooms/ buildings. Optics allow for better target aquisition in low light, and allow you to keep both eyes open for situational awareness. However, i do agree that you can have too much- lasers, grenade launchers and for the most part bipods serve very little perpose. VFGs however are personal preference- i go without due to handguard issues.

Comment

Note Marshi, how i said too many :p

A torch and a sight system in CQB, fair enough, but adding a RIS monted launcher, foregrip and a laser would be way too much. It is the same with people that put 4x or more magnification scopes on an AEG, often leads to them thinking they can hit further and more accurately then their gun ever can. And even without the red-dot you would still get the same effect as practising with putting a little dot of paint on the irons for low light use, but again it is really the player, not so much the kit, that makes the difference.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I disagree on the red dot sight front. Having full peripheral vision makes you faster and your target acquisition more smooth. For CQB that's a very useful thing to have. Having a fore grip on a heavier rifle is also very helpful as it balances weight as well as gives you more control to maneuver.

Comment

• Thing is if youre using the red dot properly with both eyes open, you dont lose peripheral vision. (except where your gun is in the way)

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Externally speaking, I'm a fan of keeping thing's simple on shoulder-arms. An appropriate sight (red dot or scope, as appliable) and maybe a light on subguns/carbines.
              I'm more prepared to consider playing around with pimped out pistols. polished slides, threaded barrels, supressors, fancy grips, high-profile sights, rail mounted light/lasers and so on.
              Not actually a builder
              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I'm going to approach this from an 'open day' mindset. Mainly because I do 90 per cent 'historical' events and i tend to use AEgs and the like as they were at that time, as it's usually 'pre-rail' that means 'simple'.

When i got my first AEG i went mental with accesories. I had a TM G36C with the top rail, the bottom rail and two side rails (as well as gucci sling pins etc).

I put bloody everything on this, RIS pencil sharpeners, bolt on stereo and one of those things for getting stones out of horses hooves...

In seriousness I was running it with a red dot sight, fore grip underneath, laser on one side and stupid power taclight on the other side. One day i'd accidentally left the battery one the night before a skirmish so it was flat when i got there. As i had no spare i took the sight off to use iron sights...

It also occured to me it was a bright day and i probably didnt need the light or laser either, i never actually used the foregrip so that came off too.

The end result was that the AEG was far more balanced and about a KG lighter, snagged less on undergrowth and (perhaps coincidentally) my days play was much better.

At the end of the day its a smoothbore electric pea shooter.... you dont need all that crap on it to play the game. If its about looks and style then fine, i appreciate that but if you cant hit someone at 50 metres using iron sights then i'd worry more about myself than what gucci scope i needed.

So i went full circle. I used to think it was amazing to have stuff bolted on the gun, now i think it just looks a bit stupid.

Comment

• I'm on the pinping side here. I have a tm famas sv. Which I have added a red/green dot to, a rail under so I can attach a foregrip, upped the fps to 328, tracer so I get 5 illuminated rounds at the end of the mag, and then I can add a torch+laser for cqb.

My m9 just has a laser so I just have to look at where the dot is making aiming easier.

My l96 has a woodland paint job.

And my g18c has had a compensator, stock, folding grip, and the barrel extended through a mock silencer. All because I want to use it as a primary cqb/sniper support weapon.

Comment

Depends on the guns i like to pimp my L96 but leave my VSR nice and simple, like a old hunting rifle in my mind :P

Comment

I only ever run a 552 and a torch (if needed), if I'm honest I rarely if ever actually use the 552!

Comment

I voted pimped as my current M4 could be considered "pimped"

It is for CQB so has:

Tan Stubby foregrip
                        stubby silencer
                        torch
                        red dot or 552 (depending on my mood)
                        Tan Magpul MBUS
                        Tan Magpul stock
                        Tan ladder rail covers

Looking into a new rifle for woodland and this is going to be a plain and simple M4a1 with ACOG (red dot version) and a camo paint job.
                        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

I generally go for light external mods and heavy internal. My AUG is externally kitted out as below:

Barrel mounted bipod (used when I dig into a defensive location)
                          4x scope
                          Suppressor (to cover the extended barrel)

The 4x scope is admittedly overkill as far as targeting goes, but when I'm at woodland, I use it for another role - recon.

Having the magnified scope means that I can look at players in the distance and ID what team they are on. Then we can work out a method of going around them, or getting in range without being spotted. As for actually aiming, it's not too bad, just need to remember the gun's limits.

As for the people that ask what the practical reason for a torch in woodland is, I've seen one group of people that carry them and use them for signalling during times when they need radio silence. It's a good idea, but personally I leave mine at home, to reduce the risk of it being shot out- unless I'm at the UCAP bunker.

Comment

• Re: Pimped or simple

im currently rocking an M1A1 thompson.. nothing to pimp

Comment

• Recently got my first AEG, a VFC SCAR-L.

I have a foregrip and sling.
                              I plan on getting an Eotech Holosight.
                              I have a torch for it for CQB.

Done and dusted.

Comment

• Re: Pimped or simple

I pimp out internally, but recently gone nearly the whole hog with my M4. Rails and covers, PEQ, Folding tactical grip, EoTech and a real steel eotech magnifier!

Not to mention almost full systema internals!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X