• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pimped or simple

nothin worse than a naked ris, attach anything to it

Comment

I'm not sure which I'd actually put a vote on. I like simplicity, but on the other hand, I have run my M4 with pretty much everything bar the kitchen sink bolted onto it.

These days its more about being tactical rather than pimped, and more practical than simple. Mine dosen't have a lot going on... but its far from standard. True it does have a laser on it I never intend to use, but it dosen't weigh much and I cba to take it off. At the moment, it has a low profile gas block, mbus, and an ASAP plate (its a SOPMOD to start off with, so rails and a crane stock). I usually would run it with an RDS but I quite like it without. There is also that laser I mentioned and a torch, but only the laser is rail mounted. The torch is there because I've not used it since I bought it. It'll probably come off soon unless I play CQB (which so far I've never done).

Pimped implies a certain amount of, well... nasty, honestly. Overdone. But I'm certain there is a rather subjective middle ground where you couldn't call it simple or pimped.

Comment

I got an M4 RIS ..I pimped it..but I kept it to stuff I need and that are practical, E.I. halo sight,torch and peq and the upgraded internals..any more is making it a looks stupid and very NOOB!I mean I use all the stuff I have on my gun.. Ive never came to a point that I have never used my Torch or My laser? I find it funny when people put all this crap on their guns and they don't use them ever, they have it there more aesthetics..same as gear. I carry what I use. My friend from our Team does reenactments but also plays airsoft with me..and he carries some shit that he never uses...His moto is if they (as in the 101st airborne) carry it, he must too!~I see no point in carrying shit you will not use in AIRSOFT!! maybe in a combat environment but its a bloody hobby not real life war..!!! loool
        Last edited by dj2l8b; 13 August, 2010, 03:10.
        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Pimped? Simple?

Pimple?

Comment

In my opinion, its definately not cool to have so many rails on your gun, you could run a Hornby down it.

Comment

Keep
              It
              Simple
              Stupid

Nuff said

Comment

I want my guns simple on the outside, using iron sights etc. Puts the onus on the player to make it work out, also I'm broke :D

Artekus
                My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
                I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Comment

There does seem to be the tendancy to do a bit of this!

I try to leave it at red dot/foregrip/flash hider, enough for me
                  sigpic

Comment

Functional, has to be functional, no point of night vis if your playing in the day ;D
                    Bog standard sig with a mock up of my own gun, I think don't so

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                      the cupholder has yet to be machined! im having problems keeping a good seal with bolts to an RIS mount going through the side of it..
                      GPS is on my gear at all times!
                      iPod dock is made by nights armourment! although i dont like apple much
                      guncam (my night vision has video out)
                      babys first playcentre... i got nothing

anywho (this rifle setup isnt a joke)
                      this may sound stupid,but whats that thing behind the eotec is it a magnifyer

Comment

yeah its a 3x magnifier
                        Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

I dont like the look of gazilions of gadgets...... on an AK- nothing, at all.
                          on an m4 or something- foegirp, sight, maybe a peq box or torch (not both) nothing more..... I like to pimp a gun with nice hadnguards and stocks etc.... not gizmos (that's what my computer is for)
                          When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

still caught between both,
                            my l85 is sort of pimped but not over pimped:susat and a rail bolted onto the handguard to hold an m900 torchgrip
                            my forthcoming lsw: susat or acog mounted on a customised z mount
                            my future m733ps supressor, carry handle mount and aimpoint
                            Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

My m4 just has a new stock, M203, aimpoint and silencer. Pretty simple setup I think.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evilllamas View Post
                                on an m4 or something- foegirp, sight, maybe a peq box or torch (not both) nothing more.....
                                why not both a PEQ and a torch... the PEQ is IR so completely useless to me if i want to see without using night vis,

the way i see it is if you can justify having it on the rifle, why not. simple as that
                                Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X