Warning! RM issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warning! RM issues.

Not according to the reply I received from them and there prohibited details state that they will ship certain prohibited items for business customers but firearms aren`t listed.

Shipping prohibited articles on a contractual basis with UPS

Certain items we list as prohibited will be accepted by UPS on a contractual basis for shippers with regular volume and the ability to comply with all applicable regulations.

The items we can carry under certain criteria are:

##Alcoholic beverages
    ##Perishable goods
    ##Plants
    ##Seeds
    ##Tobacco and tobacco products

Not all commodities can be shipped to all countries.

For more information contact your local UPS office.

Comment

Originally posted by you can`t shoot me View Post
      Not according to the reply I received from them and there prohibited details state that they will ship certain prohibited items for business customers but firearms aren`t listed.

Shipping prohibited articles on a contractual basis with UPS

Certain items we list as prohibited will be accepted by UPS on a contractual basis for shippers with regular volume and the ability to comply with all applicable regulations.

The items we can carry under certain criteria are:

##Alcoholic beverages
      ##Perishable goods
      ##Plants
      ##Seeds
      ##Tobacco and tobacco products

Not all commodities can be shipped to all countries.

For more information contact your local UPS office.
      UPS will ship for business customers as I have a UPS business account solely for shipping RIF's and I can tell you 3 other off the top of my head that also use them.
      G&G TR4-18 Short | ARMY L85A2 | G&G Xtreme45 | WE SMG8 | WE SCAR L GBBR | JG Bar-10

Comment

Did you receive confirmation from them that it is ok to send rifs and that they are covered for compensation? Seems strange that they would list up there prohibited list and specifically mention that they will ship certain prohibited item on a contractual basis like alcohol and tobacco but not mention rifs if they do also accept them for business customers.

http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/res...22&WT.svl=SRCH

Comment

Originally posted by you can`t shoot me View Post
          Did you receive confirmation from them that it is ok to send rifs and that they are covered for compensation? Seems strange that they would list up there prohibited list and specifically mention that they will ship certain prohibited item on a contractual basis like alcohol and tobacco but not mention rifs if they do also accept them for business customers.

http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/res...22&WT.svl=SRCH
          yes I contacted them before getting an account as the only reason I have the account is for sending rifs. I have a dedicated account maanger and had to go through all the legal stuff but there fine with it.

Only rules are

No shipping outside the UK
          No grenades (they had to double check and said no as their automated scanner would shut the entire hub down if it scans them)
          No pyro / explosives

Business rates as well which is quite nice. next day delivery £6.50 to a business address £8.50 to a residential address.
          G&G TR4-18 Short | ARMY L85A2 | G&G Xtreme45 | WE SMG8 | WE SCAR L GBBR | JG Bar-10

Comment

Pity they will only ship for business customers as i assume you would have to be sending a pretty high and regular volume of parcels for the business account so wouldn`t be any use for those of us only sending an occasional gun every now and then.

Comment

RM will always make or ask you o send SD they get more money from you and it goes against figures for services pushed.

Comment

So I'm trying to send a TM M870. Went and had a word with the post office, they knocked me back. Called Parcelforce, and they referred me to their list of prohibited items that even without the magazine any "low powered air weapon" designed to use a self contained gas cartridge is liable to be destroyed. I'm just ringing round couriers to see what my other options are, but I'd rather refund my buyer and look to sell locally than risk having it destroyed. What are my actual options?

Comment

Mrs Figjam saw me chucking my toys around over this and got on the phone to a local haulage company. £19 to send a gun, but they were categorical about it not being an issue.

Comment

Cu#*s!, this is the response I got today, a perfectly good TM 1911 ruined in the name of paranoia!

I have checked the tracking information and can confirm your parcel contained a prohibited item. Royal Mail has controls in place to stop dangerous or prohibited goods entering our network including the x-ray screening of mail and the examination of any contents identified under this screening as “suspect”.

On this occasion the airsoft Gas blow back pistol you posted was sent in breach of the dangerous goods transport regulations and Royal Mail terms and conditions. We have therefore disposed of the parcel accordingly. If you have not received one already, you will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining this. Where we can clearly demonstrate non-compliance (such as in this instance), we will always dispose of items. No compensation will be paid in respect of the item disposed of nor are we liable for any loss suffered by the sender or recipient. We are also not liable for any postage refund as the parcel contained a prohibited item and should not have been sent.

More information on the types of items which are prohibited in the post for legal or safety reasons can be found at:

www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

I am very sorry the tracking information does not make this clear and I fully appreciate this is not only inconvenient but frustrating too. We are currently in the process of updating the messages that appear on our tracking system to ensure customers understand what is happening to their parcels. However I hope my explanation has clarified what has happened to your parcel on this occasion. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

TWAT
                    Royal Mail etc etc..

Comment

He can make all his legal assertions that they are not liable, but that's just him saying it. I'd love to see this put to the test in court. I'm certain I remember from my "Introduction to law" module way back when I was a hairy student with a 32 inch waist that if a clause is unlawful it doesn't matter if there is any implied contract, it remains unlawful. In this case it would surely be criminal damage?

Obviously courts are ballache and potentially expensive, but I'd love to see one of you guys who've fallen foul of this lawyer up and do these guys. I can't give any material support but I'd be cheering you on.

Comment

O crap, a pistol was bought on here and posted using rm this morning I hope it goes through ok,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From a point of principle alone I would love to be the guinea pig but I could not afford to take on a now Over inflated PLC such as RM , would think their lawyers would out lawyer anybody I could afford, ( shame Saul Goodman ain't real, sure he would have loved this)

Comment

Just use my hermes or similar?
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Fother muckers, i swear they chop and change their rules. Last i checked it was OK to send an RIF as long as it was declaired as such and had the senders address on the packaging. Also if you removed the fill valves from GBB mags they are no longer pressurised gas containers, do they get funny about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                                Just use my hermes or similar?
                                tried myhermes, they say no to any RIF. I'm sure you could lie about the content, but I wonder if they have similar policies if they find out what it really is. Same goes for most of the others. Seems the only risk free way ATM is to have a business account.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tomdrews View Post
                                Fother muckers, i swear they chop and change their rules. Last i checked it was OK to send an RIF as long as it was declaired as such and had the senders address on the packaging. Also if you removed the fill valves from GBB mags they are no longer pressurised gas containers, do they get funny about that?
                                Mate, got on the phone to PF, they said even without the mag at all, if the gun is designed to even take a "self contained gas vessel" (or something like that), then it is against their policy, and while he didn't say it, I think that means we can assume they'd destroy it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mojo1 Find out more about Mojo1
                                Working...
                                X