Warning! RM issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warning! RM issues.

Daaaaaamn. There must be some courier somewhere. Who do Z1 use when someone wants the Escrow service?

Comment

Parcel Force will allow you under Express48, however you can't increase the insurance value beyond the minimum (£100 I think)

Comment

My response to RM, won't make a shit load of difference but worth a try....

Thanks for response, once again you have ignored the facts of the case to meet your ends.
        Remember: 1) I declared the item contents at the post office, 2) to cover value of item I posted using the recommended "special delivery" in order to be fully covered should anything untoward happen to the parcel, 3) you can quote all the RM rules and regs you like but at the end of the day you accepted payment to transport said goods which is then contractually binding! 4) you have failed to fulfil said contract to which I proposed you refund me and return the goods to me intact to arrange alternate transportation which any court would consider reasonable! 5) despite my reasonable request you have decided to dispose of item without my consent which constitutes criminal damage! 6) you then have the impertinence to advise me that despite your inability to fulfil agreed contract or meet my reasonable request to return goods you are not liable for any damage or loss of goods as a result of your actions and the "special delivery" terms no longer apply or the costs subject to refund.

I once again request refund of value of goods accepted for transport which you have destroyed without my consent and also the cost incurred to enter said contract.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dapprman View Post
          Parcel Force will allow you under Express48, however you can't increase the insurance value beyond the minimum (£100 I think)
          I looked at that, as far as I can make out basically the Express48 service is the only one you can legitimately send a RIF, but only AEG/Spring, not gas.

@Mojo1
          Good luck. Its a good line of reasoning. I think it may well be the case that it'll be worth hitting a forum where there is decent consumer advice to be had like MSE or CAG. While big companies can afford good lawyers they can still be successfully taken on. A few years back I got a fairly massive chunk of cash (nearly £5k) back from a bank that had unlawfully had it off me with the help of CAG forum members.

Comment

Thanks Figjam.

The ironic thing is I ordered a TM HK45 from F/Support and guess who deliverd it ....

Seems they will deliver for businesses but not for individuals, ridiculous ! Surely you either have a policy or you don't!

Comment

its this trader thing, they have different rules if you have a business account with them. The whole thing is totally crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
                I looked at that, as far as I can make out basically the Express48 service is the only one you can legitimately send a RIF, but only AEG/Spring, not gas.
                I have a print out from when I sent a RIF a month ago and it makes no mention with relationship to how the airsoft (and it does use that name) projectile is launched, i.e. it does not differentiate between AEG, spring or gas.

Comment

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-...d-restrictions
                  press ctrl+f and search "weapons", and you will find the following
                  Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent. - See more at: http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-....XCCuSZHI.dpuf
                  This then specifically relates to GAS powered, not other RIFs.

Comment

It does say Cartridge as well, not sure I trust RM/PF on interpretation though.

I do know I had a GBB sent to me by Express48 which was stopped and then delivered - got a nice note as well (which made no attempt to apologise for the 6 week delay it caused or the fact the seller had refunded me thinking it lost - I did pay him again)

Comment

Well this is refreshing, i did a bit of searching myself for a courier that happily handles all aspects of airsoft, including GBBs and their mags/propellant. Whether they're country wide i'm yet to find out, but if they are i'll spread the word and take them for a spin. This is their reply to my email.

"Dear Tom.*

We have no concerns transporting Airsoft weapons and equipment,not that we would need it but I hold a firearms club licence, SC cleared to hold automatic weapons , my business partner was a regional security manager for Tesco. We have a vast understanding for the needs of movement of weapons, replicas and secure items that need extra security *, we feel we would be capable of moving your equipment. if you were to give an example of *a couple of deliveries I will send you a quote for them so you can have an understanding of the cost, if you could also let us know the volume of deliveries that would be helpful.

Regards

Brian*

Brian Arkless

DBLA Courier And Light Haulage"

Hopefully their quotes arent silly!

Comment

I'm trying to sort postage on a trade with Steve203, NI to Wales and vice versa, the RM/Parcelforce leaflet "Prohibited & Restricted items" says quote:
                        "GUNS FOR SPORTING USE: (Section 1 & 2 firearms, low powered air weapons and their component parts) PACKAGING GUIDELINES: may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to any applicable controls on the possession of firearms. Only low powered air weapons are accepted by Parcelforce Worldwide. Senders name and address must be visible on the Parcel."
                        No mention of how they are powered.
                        However under "GASES INCLUDING FLAMMABLE, NON FLAMMABLE, TOXIC & COMPRESSED GASES" it lists "new & used gas cylinders" as a banned item so any gas powered gun or magazine could fall fowl by definition.
                        As usual a total grey area open to interpretation grrrr!
                        Ideas anyone?

Comment

Well by that logic they should open the package, destory the magazines and send on the gun if it was detected.

Note that I have put should, 'should' does not account for the levels of RM retardedness at all.

Oh well, I have given RM an ultimatum on mine and coupled with the loss of various bills to my house I shall take it all to them and see how quick they pay it back.

'FireKnife'
                          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I use My Hermes, pick up from my door and tracking number. Costs about £6. 0r so for an l96/snipery type and they've not griped about anything I've sent/recieved so far

Comment

To try and get a definitive response on the subject I've thought of a way around the gas cylinder problem and have just sent this to Parcelforce Customer Services for their response:

I wish to post a Realistic Imitation Firearm (Airsoft gun) to Northern Ireland, which complies with relevent legislation, however it is a gas operated low powered air gun by definition; the issue being it contains a small gas cylinder which is built into it, and therefore falls fowl of Parcelforce rules around not sending gas cylinders which I understand. However the cylinder has a removable gas inlet valve which if removed renders it incapable of holding any gas pressure. Would this then be ok to post via your "International Tracked & Signed" service? And if so would I need to write something on the packet other than my senders address etc?
                              The airsoft community as a whole bring a lot of business to Parcelforce and current forum chat has slated them for destroying at least one RIF due to this same issue of "self contained cylinders", yet most pass through the system without issue, and your business customers send such guns out all the time without issue. Other couriers will deal with these type of RIFS without issue, but I like dealing with PF as it is convenient for me.
                              Manyt thanks in anticipation of any helpful comments.

Will let you know their response!

Comment

I just imported a RIf from the US, usps who gave it to Parcelforce
                                arrived 1/9/14 in the UK and only on the 15th did they inform me (after frequent phone calls) that it was with customs
                                it had been seized by UKBA the day it arrived and they were waiting for information from me

23/9/2014 16:38 Ramsgate Delivered
                                23/9/2014 16:38 Ramsgate Collected by addressee
                                23/9/2014 15:46 Ramsgate Addressee advised to collect from Post Office
                                23/9/2014 15:43 Ramsgate MSPO Addressee advised to collect from Post Office
                                23/9/2014 14:40 Medway Depot Delivery attempted
                                23/9/2014 7:24 Medway Depot Departed from delivery depot
                                23/9/2014 0:23 Medway Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
                                23/9/2014 0:22 Medway Depot Received at delivery depot
                                22/9/2014 0:17 Medway Depot Delivery scheduled
                                19/9/2014 8:05 Medway Depot Awaiting payment of charges
                                19/9/2014 2:05 Medway Depot Received at delivery depot
                                18/9/2014 19:36 National Hub Received and processed
                                18/9/2014 10:41 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
                                18/9/2014 9:56 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
                                18/9/2014 9:49 International Hub Received and processed
                                18/9/2014 9:49 International Hub Received from Customs - charges to be paid
                                17/9/2014 10:52 International Hub Awaiting clearance - information needed fromaddressee…+
                                16/9/2014 9:35 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging
                                15/9/2014 9:16 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
                                01/9/2014 9:07 Processed Through Sort Facility

Monday, 1 Sept N/A , Processed Through Sort Facility
                                Wednesday, 27 Aug N/AISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) , Processed Through Sort Facility
                                Wednesday, 27 Aug N/AISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) , Arrived at Sort Facility
                                Friday, 22 Aug N/AAURORA , CO Departed USPS Facility
                                Friday, 22 Aug N/AAURORA , CO Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
                                Friday, 22 Aug N/AEVERGREEN , CO Departed Post Office
                                Friday, 22 Aug N/AEVERGREEN , CO Picked Up

So despite PF telling me over and over 'it's express 48 it'll be with you in two days'
                                Customs received emails from me, all the details etc, copy of my insurance for third party liabilities etc ( it was sent to the re-enactment group I'm a member of )
                                they then held it another two days after they told me it was being released because customs regardless of ukba telling them they'd got the info, didn't believe I only paid 29 dollars for it,
                                Then once it was in the system, PF again tell me "couple of days" , ask me what's in it, they double check everything with tracking number and then tell me that it's not legal for me to post it. WTF I point out to them it's a legally held item, cleared by UKBA and customs and if they have a problem why did they pick it up from ~USPS instead of telling anyone, seemed they wanted their 8 quid fee for 3.48 VAT. so they 'Drive By Knocking' the missus house ( neighbours saw them with this 'massive box' outside the house for about ten seconds) then took it to her local post office instead, (thank god they know me in there)
                                so if I'd just waited on PF to tell me it was with UKBA it would have been returned to sender LOL The incompetence of RM group is widespread
                                OK so here's an idea,

the Business service for RM/PF picks up and drops off yes?
                                well they don't need to know how big or small the service actually is , why don't we all become 'employees' of "RIF plc" and open an account we can all use?
                                sigpic.
                                Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                                Especially mine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mojo1 Find out more about Mojo1
                                Working...
                                X