Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this normal? [pic]

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
    I have been in retail for over 20 years and there is a huge difference between what stores will do as a "gesture of goodwill" to keep you happy and what they are legally obliged to do.
    I'm not so sure. I've seen plenty which try to give the impression they are bending over backwards to help, when really they only doing what they legally have to!

Comment

yes when you buy a DVD player car, bike or aeg you expect it to .one be in good working order unless stated.2 not to break after only a few uses.3 and if it does not come up to scratch you get either a full refund or some kind of compensation so to say that you have no comeback is bull
      Its better to burn out than to fade away

Comment

Ok, as an example, what I meant is.....
        You go in to Tesco and say " I brought this blouse for my Girlfriend last week as a presant and it is too big.." if you have the receipt and it is in the same condition as when it was sold they will repace it for you. They are under no legal obligation to do so...they don't know how small your girlfriend is!! They do it as it keeps you happy and you will continue to shop at tesco. The problem is that as most of the big name stores have a relaxed attitude to "customer service" most people think they are entitled to it all the time. People quote "The sale of goods act 1979" and "fit for purpose " all the time when most of the time they don't understand it.
        As a customer you have a responsibility to ensure that all goods purchased by your self are fit for the purpopse for which it is intended. A size 18 Blouse is still a blouse just not a size 12 is all, therefore it is fit for the purpopse of being a blouse.
        Rant is over, bares absolutly no relation to this thread I was just making a point about peoples expectations of what they are entitled to. I apologise.

Comment

you'll be apologising for getting your size 12 girlfriend a size 18 blouse too! :D
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
            Ok, as an example, what I meant is.....
            You go in to Tesco and say " I brought this blouse for my Girlfriend last week as a presant and it is too big.." if you have the receipt and it is in the same condition as when it was sold they will repace it for you. They are under no legal obligation to do so...they don't know how small your girlfriend is!! They do it as it keeps you happy and you will continue to shop at tesco. The problem is that as most of the big name stores have a relaxed attitude to "customer service" most people think they are entitled to it all the time. People quote "The sale of goods act 1979" and "fit for purpose " all the time when most of the time they don't understand it.
            As a customer you have a responsibility to ensure that all goods purchased by your self are fit for the purpopse for which it is intended. A size 18 Blouse is still a blouse just not a size 12 is all, therefore it is fit for the purpopse of being a blouse.
            Rant is over, bares absolutly no relation to this thread I was just making a point about peoples expectations of what they are entitled to. I apologise.
            Very true. The problem comes from people not understanding what their rights are. If you buy the wrong item, you have absolutely no right to a refund/exchange/credit note etc.

If the item is faulty, you have an absolute right to choose from having it replaced, a refund, a repair (if practical) or a partial refund to accept the lower standard of the goods you bought. If the seller won't do what they are legally required to do, you can take the goods to someone else for repair and charge the seller for the work, or you can buy an alternative and sue them for the cost of the new item.

With my DVD player, the nearest equivalent model was £40 more expensive, so they were ordered to pay that on top of the costs of my time, postage, calls etc.

Retailers (some more than others) have the impression that 28 days to claim a refund is all they have to do, regardless of the reason for an item being returned. I was in a shop today with my wife and there was a great big sign saying "no refunds on sale items". I couldn't be bothered, but I'd love to see how they react if someone buys something in the sale that is faulty (without them being made aware of the fault).

Back on topic, the issue is cost v time. Cheap means less rights, expensive means more. But, there will always be a cut off point where regardless of the cost, it becomes unreasonable to ask for your money back.

Equally, the item must be as described. I bought an M4 here a while ago, not realising that it was ex-two tone. If I'd asked the question and been told that it wasn't, then the buyer would have been having a serious problem with me. But, they didn't say that it wasn't and I didn't ask the question, so it was my tough luck and I never even raised the issue with them.
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...funds-exchange
              Current Armoury
              ---------------

Systema M4A1
              VFC Scar L
              Galaxy MP5K
              ICS MP5 A2
              AA SA80
              DBOYS M4 CASV