This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunds

Sold an fn2000 to a guy on the forum it arrived thismoring to my knolage the gun was fin a used it for almost a year with no falts not the guy said there is lots of problums

Stiff trigger- asfar as I no this is because it is a spring and rod not an electric switch

Burning smell - I didn't smell it but not saying it's not there I might just not have seen it

Gears struggaling - was fine all the time I used it the gun is suppost to use a 9.6v but I got an 8.4v with it and that's what I sold with it so that may be the falt

He asked for a refund as he said it's not scurmish worthy now in my eyes my tek guy said it was fine on last service so I think it is only fair that he gets it looked at before asking for a refund and if it is a falt I have no complants with paying for the guy to get it looked at and fixed or refunded but I'd no falt I shouldn't have to pay for it to be looked at

So I just wonderd if it was the right thing to do as I haven't had a falt with anything I have sold as if I new if was falty I wouldn't sell it
    why so serious

Re: Refunds

Hmmm...Not easy situtaions these.

If you are genuinely sure there were no faults with the gun when you packaged it and posted it, along with a truthfull descripion. I don't see a problem really.

When did you last have it serviced, you could always ask the buyer to post it back to you and get the same person to check it over for you.

If there were any faults so long as they are rectified you do not have to give a refund.

On the other hand the buyer may have just decided after using the gun he doesn't like it and is just trying to get his money back.

If it were me, I would want to get the gun back to have a look at it, but wouldn't offer a refund. I would see what is wrong first as you can tell if the problem started after you posted it.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well he put in a disput with paypal so I phoned them and thay said not to refund the cash till I reseve the gun bak but it was serviced bout 2month ago and was used for one game not a full day just for about an hour an seemed fine to me evin when I checked it before I sent it away but ian not an expert in gears ect so I would like for it to be checked
      why so serious

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post

If you are genuinely sure there were no faults with the gun when you packaged it and posted it, along with a truthfull descripion. I don't see a problem really.

When did you last have it serviced, you could always ask the buyer to post it back to you and get the same person to check it over for you.

If there were any faults so long as they are rectified you do not have to give a refund.

On the other hand the buyer may have just decided after using the gun he doesn't like it and is just trying to get his money back.

If it were me, I would want to get the gun back to have a look at it, but wouldn't offer a refund. I would see what is wrong first as you can tell if the problem started after you posted it.
        What I would suggest is get the gun back, make the buyer cover the cost of delivery. If there are genuine problems as he has described, then give him a refund not only for the gun but for the delivery aswell. Just my thoughts.
        Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post

i agree with midas

You cant do a try before you buy service, there has to be a certain amount of "damn i ordered the wrong one" lots of people buy dont like and sell on.

Hes not really stating any problems that stop the gun working. So its not up to his high standard.. he can work on that, as long as the gun is working ie i can go up to a chrono and test it, then its working in my eye.

Ie as long as it matches the description

When buying second hand guns, you can not possibly expect the gun to be as new in every way.

Theres going to be somethings that the seller misses. becuase thats just how he uses it eveyday or how it was when he brought it.

Comment

all i have to say to people is READ THE DESCRIPTION ! of the item being sold i.e condition not skip that bit and ask to buy it straight away , this has happened to too many people.

Comment

Well it was fireing fine on Sunday
              and was then posted yesterday so in my eyes asking for a refund strate way makes me think it wasn't what he was looking for and is comming up with excuses not that am saing he is he might be telling the trouth but I don't think he is
              why so serious

Comment

Get the gun back, check it over, if its as you described it when you sold it, send it back to him and no refunds. Dont forget some people will stoop quite low to get a refund and tamper with it to get their money back

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
                  What I would suggest is get the gun back, make the buyer cover the cost of delivery. If there are genuine problems as he has described, then give him a refund not only for the gun but for the delivery aswell. Just my thoughts.
                  It is quite unlikely to be any genuine problems if it was working fine on Sunday, posted Monday then loads of problems Tuesday.....lol...

Ask the buyer to post it back at his expense. You can allways plug a battery in to test it. If you are a competent gun tech check it over. if not get one to check it over. rectify any faults if there are any and send it back. You will have to refund the buyers postage costs too.

If no faults ask the buyer to cover your costs as well then post it back...Simple...

In future, any gun you sell take a short vid of it working fine even if it is on your phone, chrono it too if possible as proof it was fine befor you posted it.
                  Last edited by North West Outpost; 15 June, 2010, 11:16.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

... but how to prove that it didn't smell of burning beforehand :p

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
                      ... but how to prove that it didn\\\'t smell of burning beforehand :p
                      Catch the smell in a bottle :p
                      Last edited by Could Not Think Of A Name; 15 June, 2010, 11:32.
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
                        ... but how to prove that it didn't smell of burning beforehand :p
                        Well am shoure if there was a falt that would make anything smell of burning wouldn't the fuse blow
                        why so serious

Comment

Originally posted by mgaraveb View Post
                          Well am shoure if there was a falt that would make anything smell of burning wouldn't the fuse blow
                          If there was any burning smell its either the wires or the motor has burned out, Telltale sign of a wire fault is if the battery gets very hot extremely quick

Comment

Well didn't get hot when I used it and if the moter was burnt out would it not stop fireing
                            why so serious

Comment

Originally posted by mgaraveb View Post
                              Well didn't get hot when I used it and if the moter was burnt out would it not stop fireing
                              yeah it would, but if the fuse blew that would be the eventual cause of a wire fault, depends what battery he used, maybe it developed a problem whilst charging or simply the wrong battery, I take it it would have been your battery that he's using? and I take it it was fine when you sent it, did you give him a charger aswell?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mgaraveb hi my names paul Find out more about mgaraveb
                              Working...
                              X