X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A minor moan

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    Yup - not bothered in the slightest.

Well except people who look down the sights of a GBB to find a slide in their face... now that is funny :D
    See that happen a few weeks ago and must admit its very very funny to watch :D
    Originally posted by massey666
    I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

Can't say I'd noticed, but I do tell my girlfriend off if she picks my guns up and shoulders them like an RPG...

Comment

Re: A minor moan!!!

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
        IMO, if you are using a scope as a monocular, your position might be different to taking deliberate aim. If you are firing for real without tucking the butt into your shoulder, you are going to get a poor shot on target-something to do with absorbing energy and reducing recoil.
        Yeap that was my thought, that they where "looking" rather than Aiming. Also agree that it don't really bother me, unless of course they are holding it like a used diaper.

As long as they are holding it safely ( finger on the trigger is always cringe worthy) It is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          Yup - not bothered in the slightest.

Well except people who look down the sights of a GBB to find a slide in their face... now that is funny :D

I'll admit that I've done that! Was firing from a bunker and the slide hit me in the glasses. Was quite funny at the time.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah also apparently soldiers are taught to fire the rifle in that stance with the rifle sitting higher up the shoulder, this is when wearing bulky plate carriers or in CQB scenaries as you have less restrictive movement

there is even a stock made by a company that has like a 3" extension allowing the user th shoulder the rifle in that manner

As long as they arnt say holding it beween their legs then i honestly dont care if they are holding it out like a pistol, if they want to be inaccurate then LOL!
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Comment

As long as they're holding the gun roughly in their shoulder then that makes it realistic enough and cool with me

I'm not one for super milsim realism, but I'm not one for jeans and two-tone thundermauls either..
                Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Another one, is having mounted a sight, to then look over it or near it, but not actually through it.

Looks a bit daft! But hey ho...

Comment

No.

Comment

It is damn uncomfortable to have the top of the butt stock at the top of you shoulder and look down the sights (or optics) of a AR15 based gun. Much easier to have the stock high on your shoulder.

Though it may not be textbook it is a valid weapon stance as you can see by the real steel pics.

At the end of the day as long as the barrel isn't up their own nose it isn't really a problem, you may as well moan at the amount of pics of people leaning back with a weapons shouldered as that is even more un-realistic.

Comment

My major moan is people wandering around with there fingers on the trigger,makes my blood boil,my 3 yr old doesnt do it with am M4 plunger gun ,saw a guy in full SWAT gear at the War and Peace show Detling this year doing it,told him if he was in the real SWAT he would be on a charge!!!finger straight on side of receiver untill you want to shoot something....end OF!!!!

Comment

I'll attest to recieving a bollocking from a friend about poor stance while airsofting, he told me to 'put down that bloody chicken-wing' in reference to my right arm not being tucked flush to my body while aiming.
                          'Try that with a shotgun and you'll shatter your collarbone!' he said.

How do you counter logic like that?
                          POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
                          sigpic

Comment

Will your airsoft weapon shatter your collar bone??
                            Enough said

Comment

You gotta admit, you look like a nipple with the flying elbow in place though...

Comment

Yeah i got to agree there...lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                                Working...
                                X