Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: serpa holster clones, yes or no?

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    The G17 is the same frame as a G18c... if one fits... they both fit.
    Yes i know they should theoretically, but the TM one does not fit! come try it for yourself! It has a larger frame than the real deal, thus why it wont fit the 17 holster, but will fit the 20/21 holster as they have larger frames, go google it...

Comment

Originally posted by Planemo View Post
      Those are the ones. Some use 3, some use 4.

Re the 'plastic is plastic' suggestion, unfortunately it isnt. The clones are made from a type which tends to break/fracture rather than bend as per the genuine item. To put this into context, one forum member fell onto his clone during a skirmish and the holster snapped clean off the platform. This wouldnt happen with the polymer used on the original.
      you may aswell say don't buy an airsoft gun because if you fall on it during a skirmish it will break...
      most kit will break if 12 odd stone of prime british beef falls on it!
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I think the clones are decent.

get some sandpaper on it.

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
          you may aswell say don't buy an airsoft gun because if you fall on it during a skirmish it will break...
          most kit will break if 12 odd stone of prime british beef falls on it!
          Not really. Falling on a genuine serpa, no matter how heavy the said accident prone softer is, wont snap it off. Lets just say the polymer will bend far more than the wearer will. This isnt the same for the clones. Its probably the same reason why many RS rifles are made with fancy polymers, not cheap brittle plastic.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
          TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Unfortunately no glock 20/21 clones available

I have only ever seen

Glock 17 (wil fit 19)
            sig 226
            Beretta m9/92/96
            usp
            usp compact

I have seen lvl 1,lvl 2 and somewhere a lvl 3 holster for one of the guns.

Dropleg Platforms
            molle platfom
            QD Kit
            flashlight holder
            1911 mag holders
            Double stack mag holders

I would still invest in a real one if a clone wasnt available. I wont think about buying a gun to use now unless i can get a serpa to fit.

Best bit of kit i own. As i know that i will still have my gun at the end of the day.

Comment

Genuine serpas all the way now for me after trying some of the clone ones. HAd to dremel the living bejesus out of a clone P226 one! Also; as I like to buy the slightly different handguns - genuine ones are the only option for me.

oh and yes the TM G17 will fit a real G20/21 holster; you might just have to man up and pay the money mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
              Working...
              X