Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over priced items for sale.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111667

He wasn't asking for an answer he was stating how blatently people are trying to over price items.

Just showing how people try to take advantage.

Why can't people agree?
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: Over priced items for sale.

Because it's a giggle when you get silly PMs like that :D
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

What's the problem?

If I want to ask silly money for something then one of three things is going to happen:

a) It won't sell.

b) It will sell, but only after a price drop.

or

c) Some idiot will buy it.

I don't over price things, but what the f**k has it got to do with anyone else other than the me and the buyer if I did?

Do you complain to autotrader every time you see an overpriced car?

It's a free country, using a basically free-market capitalist system. The buyer buys and the seller sells for the figure they agree between them, it's nobody else's problem.
      sigpic

Comment

i'll be back in a few days after i've combed ebay and warned every one about any strange prices

Comment

I have no idea who was pricing what....

Nor am I bothered. I'm not looking to buy anything at the moment. But surely we can mention the fact we think things are expensive.

But I do agree it is annoying when people just post stupid comments for no good reason.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            What's the problem?

If I want to ask silly money for something then one of three things is going to happen:

a) It won't sell.

b) It will sell, but only after a price drop.

or

c) Some idiot will buy it.

It's a free country, using a basically free-market capitalist system. The buyer buys and the seller sells for the figure they agree between them, it's nobody else's problem.
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post

But I do agree it is annoying when people just post stupid comments for no good reason.
              you mean like starting a new thread. to bring up a topic that was closed? not 10 mins after it was closed.

end game = i don't care about people prices, i'm not the one trying to buy it, and if i think it's over priced i won't correct them, nor will i buy it. i'll let the sit in their pool of fail.

Comment

I endorse what Robin said above...

Although I'd like to add one point.
                Several items on here, have prices determined by what other/similar items sell for, on here. This therefore forms a trype of "tacit collusion" allowing everyone to sell certain items at an inflated price, when there is no need for it.

I know you can argue that is simple supply and demand economics, but it isn't helpful at all for us/the consumer.
                WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Ive priced stuff high, but i usually by expensive stuff.. I feel if i want to ask a decent price for it back i can.. if they dont want it go buy it else where.

plus you usually get low balled on here any way i think a lot of people price high expecting to be low balled then when someone offers close to it they usually get it.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                    Ive priced stuff high, but i usually by expensive stuff.. I feel if i want to ask a decent price for it back i can.. if they dont want it go buy it else where.

plus you usually get low balled on here any way i think a lot of people price high expecting to be low balled then when someone offers close to it they usually get it.
                    QFT.

Comment

price high, as you allways get knocked down

i had a car for sale i wanted £1k or it, i priced it at £1200, and yep he knocked me down to £1k, its simple

Comment

I agree with Tyler on this. Why start a thread on this. Infact, why bother putting answers to a thread that has already been answered. Does it matter? Its closed, leave it be. No point starting another thread bitching about a thread being closed.

Comment

I agree that this thread shouldn't really have been opened :/ I think another reason for the high prices is to take advantage of all the under 18's without a defense. I mean if they price a stock Jg at £200 and a new user with no forum posts says they will buy it do you really think they will ask for a defense? I know I can't account for all of them but I expect a lot don't check.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                            I agree with Tyler on this. Why start a thread on this. Infact, why bother putting answers to a thread that has already been answered. Does it matter? Its closed, leave it be. No point starting another thread bitching about a thread being closed.
                            Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                            I agree that this thread shouldn't really have been opened :/ I think another reason for the high prices is to take advantage of all the under 18's without a defense. I mean if they price a stock Jg at £200 and a new user with no forum posts says they will buy it do you really think they will ask for a defense? I know I can't account for all of them but I expect a lot don't check.
                            LOL....but here you are contributing to it and keeping it alive.

If the guy wants to continue discussing it with the people who also wish to then its up to him. Thats the beauty of free speech + public forums

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer View Post
                              LOL....but here you are contributing to it and keeping it alive.

If the guy wants to continue discussing it with the people who also wish to then its up to him. Thats the beauty of free speech + public forums
                              as are you bringing it back up, despite it being over an hour ago when people dropped it?
                              :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X