Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over priced items for sale.

Originally posted by madandy View Post
    You left that forum because you got the arse when you were questioned about an fps declaration so don't big it up.............
    No i left becuase the mods where "insert swear word here" to me, zero respect given, and they made a mountain out of a mole hill, it was like they were trying to make a conspiracy out of nothing, when all i did was post the same listing as everyother site, then i get abuse from every mod on there, taking turns passing my pms round like a joke. Thus i make sure i tell everyone of the poor treatment i was given since no appologie was given to me, but thanks for "bigging" that up nicely by your self there.

Maybe one boards not big enough for the egos over there... youve got to sling it over here too.

Comment

Yeah, that is one thing I noticed about airsoft forums, especially Arniesairsoft. There is a SERIOUS ego problem on the forums. I literally left those forums because I couldn't stand the constant, CONSTANT cock size comparisons...

Actually it extends outside of forums. Numerous times at airsoft sites I've had people be all like 'OH I'M NOT TALKING TO HIM' because of such and such ridiculous reason. Even had a guy shoot me in the ass in a safe zone because for whatever reason he didn't like me. :s
      Last edited by iNK; 21 May, 2011, 19:12.

Comment

There are certain times when something will sell for far more money second hand than it cost new. If it's from a limited manufacturing run and demand far outstripped supply then a used item will sell for more than a new one.

If it's a common item then it won't sell for more than it cost new. This is why Ferrari Enzos hold their money and Ford Fiestas don't. It's being at least a little cheeky to ask, say £250 for a JG M4 that cost less than £150 new and delivered, but to ask a higher price than it cost new for a rare and no longer manufactured gun is different.

It's also not yet a legal requirement for people to buy something if they don't want it. If you feel an item is priced to highly either ask for a price reduction or don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to part with your cash for any airsoft item.

It's fairly simple really. Do your homework, find out how much the item would cost from alternative sources, and get a good deal.

And if you're unhappy with the cost of any item, then don't buy it. It's that simple.

Comment

I think there have some really usefull posts come out in this thread. Towards the middle is the way I was hoping it to go.

I re opened this because I thought it was not right for a forum to dissallow swearing but are quite happy to see people get blatently ripped off. For Forum assisstants and moderators to just say who gives a 5hit, in my book is completly the wrong attitude.

Don't forget half the reason people join this particular forum is for the second hand sales section, generally it is excellent, tarnished only by a few. It is my view that if there are Moderators and assisstants for the classified section, they should have the knowledge and experiance to know when something is way over priced. Maybe a pm to the seller to be more reasonable. Or even a three strikes and your out for the more deliberate repetative offenders. The newer members generally need a little nurchuring and would I'm sure like a little help sometimes rather than people sitting back and sniggering thinking you just got ripped off!

If it were possible to have a ''guide'' price list that would be a very positive step forwards. Oviously there would be variations on the item. I'm sure there would need to be discussions to be had between moderators and whoever was preparing the list. What a huge step in the right direction.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

So your saying people should not be allowed to price what is rightfully theirs for sale ??

They have to rely on someone else to say yeah thats fine you can ask for that amount. What a crock of crap it's simple if the price is too high don't bloody buy it simples.

Even better idea why doesn't everyone who wishes to sell something send a pm to a Mod telling them what it is then they advertise it for what they think it's worth. All hail the 2011 crusade.

But then being my own opinion I'm sure someone will bitch n whinge about my post but hey whats new !!!

Comment

Perhaps you should read the thread.

OR even the last post where it clearly says ''GUIDE''.
              Gun tech.

Comment

People saying that its the mods responsability to check these threads. Its not. Its everybodys job. There are report buttons on every post. Use them.
                If the mods were to check every single post, they wouldnt have a life. Remember, these people are volunteers, and arent paid for their services. Plus, its not a mods responsability to see if something is overpriced. You use the forums at your own risk. If people charge over the odds, then its the buyers who should check. The forum rules say its off your own back. They provide the section, and could easily remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                  Yeah, that is one thing I noticed about airsoft forums, especially Arniesairsoft. There is a SERIOUS ego problem on the forums. I literally left those forums because I couldn't stand the constant, CONSTANT cock size comparisons...

I find Arnies to be a more relaxed forum, this forum here attracts a lot of Riff Raff and stupid polls about any old crap and stupid threads when forums members feel the urge to talk crap at 2 am when they are pissed. I like the Mods here though as they are very helpful. Especially guys like Gaffa and Rochin Robin.
                  AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Midas You should get off your soap box.

People being ripped off is way OTT there are enough items of similar quality/make/model for sale or has been offered for sale in the classifieds for people to SEARCH & get a comparison of price from.

TBH what difference does it make to you ?

Comment

I feel this is going the wrong way here.

The thread was reopened to gauge opinions on the matter. NOT for instruction like above posts.

This is sadly why informative threads such as this end up getting closed. As people descend into mudslinging.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Well, my opinion of the matter is this:

A mod cannot be expected to scan every thread looking for over pricing. Its a time consuming, thankless job for somebody who volunteers to help out.
                        With regards to over pricing itself, it is the rules of the forum that buyers are responsible for all buying/selling. The mods can crack down on bogus selling, but they cannot physically stop somebody from selling something at an inflated price. Its censorship in a way.

Would a section on the forum dedicated to this type of thing not be better? I know there is an appraisals section, which is useful and underused, but what im refering to is a section to ask if things are a good deal, opposed to posting hundreds of threads in general discussion and muddying it up.

Comment

I'm not on a soap box, I don't need one. I don't attempt to tell anyone what to do and likewise don't expect it in return.

There are some areas where I'm lucky enough I have good experiance and attempt to pass some of that on to others.

But sometimes I find if you provoke a reaction, other people talk things through and you end up with the same idea from other people.

Did you read the thread? Did you reply to Tyler with similar comments? Afterall he came up with the idea. I just provoked the discussion to begin with.

I also agree with Hoggy, it should be self policing and to a large degree it is. There is no reason why the whole forum can't live as a community. Not everyone has to like one another, but that does not mean they can't all put forwards possitive discussion.

Tyler came up with an excellent idea of the guide price. Nothing binding or written in stone. But simply a guide for anyone new or really has no idea of pricing. It wouldn't be enforcable nor should it, as afterall it is a public forum and of course people can price their items as they wish.
                          Last edited by North West Outpost; 22 May, 2011, 18:59.
                          Gun tech.

Comment

When i want to buy something I know more or less what i want and research the cost of the item new then have a gander at the classifieds.
                            If I see the item and its asking for slightly more than i would expect to pay I offer them a lower alternative price and if they accept they accept otherwise I move on.

Comment

Originally posted by flavourshaker View Post
                              When i want to buy something I know more or less what i want and research the cost of the item new then have a gander at the classifieds.
                              If I see the item and its asking for slightly more than i would expect to pay I offer them a lower alternative price and if they accept they accept otherwise I move on.
                              Yes but you know what your doing. Some people might not know what they are doing. Not everybody is as clued up as the genius that makes up these forums, for every one person that has had a good or fair deal there is atleast one person that has been ripped off in some way.

Yes we can be all 'well it serves them right for not doing their research' But like others have said its not a nice image for newbs. Maybe airsoft has started to gain favour with Arseh@les as we seem to have quite a few.
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                Yes but you know what your doing. Some people might not know what they are doing. Not everybody is as clued up as the genius that makes up these forums, for every one person that has had a good or fair deal there is atleast one person that has been ripped off in some way.

Yes we can be all 'well it serves them right for not doing their research' But like others have said its not a nice image for newbs. Maybe airsoft has started to gain favour with Arseh@les as we seem to have quite a few.
                                I've never got car insurance but when/if i do, if the price was stupidly high it'd be my fault for not looking around for a fair deal, not theres for selling it high.
                                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                                Working...
                                X