Over priced items for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over priced items for sale.

You say an idiot will buy it, well that "idiot" will often be a new player. What a lovely impression we must give out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
      as are you bringing it back up, despite it being over an hour ago when people dropped it?
      :P
      People didnt drop it, I thought the thread was locked?
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

the last one was,
        mods, for some reason, haven't found a reason to lock this one yet.
        tbh i think it's every one echoing different opinions

Comment

I agree 100% i have seen loads of stuff including a £40 well aeg being sold for like £70 its stupid and its not right its taking advantage of new players who dont know the true price of things.

Comment

Also, you can say that someone should "do their research", but often that research is done here, and when searching for past items, they are often all overpriced and you rarely know what they truly sell for. There are pieces of kit I often find myself having a nightmare trying to find the true value of, especially when I'm selling gear...
            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

I tend to find the best way to get true price is look at them on fleabay .

Comment

when I was new I still used google to find out what things are worth. You can't force people to price stuff differently just because someone new could take what they charge to be a reasonable price without checking first. If anything as you are new you should do even more research!
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                  the last one was,
                  mods, for some reason, haven't found a reason to lock this one yet.
                  tbh i think it's every one echoing different opinions
                  What can I say, I'm obviously not very popular

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                    You say an idiot will buy it, well that "idiot" will often be a new player. What a lovely impression we must give out.
                    Well, its not my responsability to go and tell every new player who pops up on the forums which guns are over priced on forums. If somebody starts a new hobby, i would of thought that they would have the sense to do a little bit of research beforehand. Its their own choice. If somebody is new, but doesnt research what they are getting themselves, then i think thats a silly thing to do.

Comment

Please just learn to haggle... It's a skill I'm picking up for when I go to Turkey. Out there you almost never pay asking price in shops, something the British consumer is unfamiliar with.

I think it's the individual's responsibility to pay the price they want. If they can't be bothered to bargain for it then they will pay the price (literally and metaphorically). As has been said before, I think sellers generally expect to get a lower offer so they price slightly higher to account for that. I generally don't go particularly higher than what I'd like for it but then that's my problem.

CAPITALISM FTW! :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                        An idiot is an idiot, full stop.

Whether or not they are new to the sport is irrelevant. If they can't be bothered to use google, or spend a bit of time researching on the various forums, then in my book they are an idiot.

I've told plenty of my ex-pupils that they are being stupid (ie an idiot) for going out and buying a Corsa as their first car, just because they am bestest carz, when there are plenty of motors that are cheaper, quicker and a shed load less to insure. Has that effected the level of recommendations I get? Like bo**ocks it has!
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to agree. A lot of people selling pistols and second hand guns think that because theyve kept it in good condition and have stuck a bipod or some shit on it then its worth what they paid!

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                            An idiot is an idiot, full stop.

Whether or not they are new to the sport is irrelevant. If they can't be bothered to use google, or spend a bit of time researching on the various forums, then in my book they are an idiot.

I've told plenty of my ex-pupils that they are being stupid (ie an idiot) for going out and buying a Corsa as their first car, just because they am bestest carz, when there are plenty of motors that are cheaper, quicker and a shed load less to insure. Has that effected the level of recommendations I get? Like bo**ocks it has!
                            I would a fail a student for merely suggesting this.
                            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

so zeroin dont mind people being conned on there forum? =/ after reading most of this they definitely dont seem to care too much about it.

Comment

Obviously not, as I've just mentioned to another forum user that he's selling an item for £150 that he's just admitted he got FREE. It also appears that it may not work. So, is this a question of 'buyer beware' also??
                                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                                Working...
                                X