Clear All

Re: The brand umarex

erm g36cv
    looks pretty sexy :D

and fraid not im pooooor even though ive just got back from work =(

Comment

Originally posted by NAUX View Post
      The brand in question is Smart Team HK or S&T Armament, they seem to be the OEM for alot of mid-high end brands. I seriously think there's no harm in picking up one of their guns, I don't think Umarex would risk putting their name on a product that would cause their brand name harm.

I believe I should be able to link to their website as you cannot seem to purchase anything from it:

http://smartteamhk.com/
      I don't think umarex particularly care about their image given some of their questionable past actions, who do you think are to blame for VFC not being able to put their own name of H&K replicas they make anymore.

From the looks of things S&T are wholesale company that just re-brand rather than manufacture, mostly ares and some A&K stuff.

Too many shady ambiguous companies nowadays =/

On a positive note the G36KV is pretty well priced and quite tasty in DE especially considering you can also buy a DE AG36 to match.
      > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

My friend has a uramrex mp5.

It's very very nice, very nice feel to it!!!
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

A bit off topic but umarex Do a Recurve bow for archery aswell

Comment

To mirror whats already been mentioned previous umarex don't make/manufacture anything they simply bully other brands that make replicas of trademarked products (H&K) into distributing under license from them.

They are basically another cybergun.
            > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Just to make it clear, KWA's G36 2GX is now under licence by UMAREX, it has official trades, the works. So when looking or asking for a Umarex G36, it is not just ARES out there. The Dark Earth G36 Balboasa is talking about looks to be an ARES blowback, rebranded/produced by S&T and licensed under UMAREX.

PS: The KWA UMAREX is awsum, i own it.

Comment

Im think of getting one of these, what is the build quality and proformance like?
                The sites ive found them on dont mention umarex though, just ares..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                  160 dollors

about 180 when all said and done and to my door
                  man thats amazing most retailers are selling them £250+ in this country

and yh the g36 range is ares.
                  mp5 are G&G
                  usp are KWA
                  mp7 is also KWA
                  p99 and ppk is maruzen

Comment

If you mean the S&V Umarex H&K G36CV the externals are supposed to be pretty good.

I heard the same old stories about the internals that you do about a lot of china made

guns as all the s&v ones are well over 400rps your going to have to open up the gearbox and down grade the spring anyway so I doubt that after its been drop`d to 350`ish and the gears re-shimmed there will be much to go wrong with it that would`nt go wrong with most other aegs.

I would like to know a bit more about the blow-back system on the S&V one, I know that people make a "safe" blow back now unlike the old L85 one but I still have to see one it bits to see what they have done to make it safe.
                    sigpic
                    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      Now, that's something very few of us would argue with.

Making money from rebranding? Why would a premium company want to tarnish their image by doing that?

[/IMG]
                      Total Car range CO2 emission regulations, according to Top Gear. They needed an economey car to bring the average down.

Also don't hate on UMAREX because of those "Poor" airsoft companies. Everyone makes money somehow and UMAREX clearly saw an opportunity.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Just wanted to say that I have a Umarex HK MP5 SD6 aeg, its just about full metal - bar the front handgrip, and it has a really nice feel to it - really nicely weighted - one of my mates has a TW5 and thinks mine feels better!
                        I shoots well, 336fps outr of the box with decent range.
                        Couldn't recommend it more. - and to cap it all, I got it for nowt! Won it in the raffle at the AI500!

Also have a Umarex HK416 D aeg Assault Rifle - full metal, brand new in the box.
                        Two mates have thses and again they have a really noice feel and weight to them - hence why I got mine. They shoot fantastically well out of the box with very good range.

I would highly recommend both of these guns and I'm a G&P and PTW fan.

BOTH they are for sale = pm for info

Chris
                        'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

VFC now have licensed gbb g36 and mp5. The mp5 is made of stamped steel which is amazing! But the price.....
                          sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                            Held the g36c and was flimpsy compared to the jg one
                            I keep hearing all these bad things about ARES. But I personally have a UMAREX G36K, my housemates have a UMAREX G36C, CA G36 and TM G36. ARES have shown us to be far more durable and robust than the CA G36 and the JG G36 I used to have =S

I suppose when I come across a rubbish one it will change my perspective.

The CA36 was so rubbish that we ended up buying an externally damaged UMAREX G36 and dropping the internals into the CA.

UMAREX H&K is generally ARES. Im not sure who makes the UMAREX MP7. I think is KWA or KSC for the GBB?

Maurzen have the OEM for Walther UMAREX pistols.
                            Kiran Payne
                            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

You could just buy a TM G36, and get Panoptes to make one of his trademark plates :/
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X