X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you? (big question)

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
    Having a proper replica.
    Than you are a collector first and gamer second, collecting is more important than gaming for some.
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I voted no as it just wouldn't be my cup of tea to be honest, I collect as well as play so if I wanted to admire a collection of brightly coloured tat I'd just look in my two year old sons toy box.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Than you are a collector first and gamer second, collecting is more important than gaming for some.
        Fair enough that you think that way, but even though I love playing airsoft and not just collecting, I don't think I could bring myself to play with two tones again.

Comment

Yes I would still play.
          Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the realism of Airsoft guns but the whole point for me is to use them not for sitting on a shelf looking pretty.

People act like they would die for Airsoft, but then say they would quit if they had to have a brightly coloured gun. Grrrrr :@
          TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
          TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            If you look at who voted: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/poll.php?do=...lts&pollid=510 I'll bet a pound to a pinch that the Yes voters average 14-22 years old, the No voters average 28-36 years+. Weird.

#hunch #controversial
            Thats most likely because.....
            14-22 year olds are more likely to want to play it as a sport and don't mind the two tone as their first gun would most have been one.

Whereas the older generations came to the sport as more of collecting weapons as a hobby...and the Milsim aspect of it.

My 0.2g

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
              Thats most likely because.....
              14-22 year olds are more likely to want to play it as a sport and don't mind the two tone as their first gun would most have been one.

Whereas the older generations came to the sport as more of collecting weapons as a hobby...and the Milsim aspect of it.

My 0.2g
              I dissagree with that sir....I'm 46 and enjoy being a toy soldier now more than when I was a kid.!!!!!!
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Threads like this don't help our defence! Mr gov (or any other anti rif type) only has to see threads like this to say "well most of them don't mind and they would still carry on there hobbie, let's take away the defence for aisofters" we should be as anti 2 tone as possible to keep our hobbie as we know it! Or it will simply end up with us all using 2 tones

Comment

I would give up. Part of the attraction of Airsoft is the realism else I'd be playing paintball! Nothing beats a GBB rifle or pistol and if it were 2tone it would ruin the experience.

One of the best games I've been to is at The Mall when it was spring and gas only and semi auto all day. Different to the full auto spray and pray open days!

The two tone Market is simply to make more money all round and sites compound this by running paintball style games.

When was the last time you got full auto over killed by a 2tone?

If I had my way it'd be no 2tones, real caps and semi auto only days all the way.

Comment

No; I love to collect RIF's and skirmishing is more about the social side for me. If I gave up I'd miss shooting at peeps but I'd still have those friends. Rather end up having NERF battles with my son to get my Skirmish fix if that happened. However, if you tell me I've gotta paint my tanaka revolvers lime green; that paint can is going straight up your rusty sheriff's badge!!!

Realism is what we fought so long and hard for back at the end of 2006 and all through2007. So definitely NO NO and thrice NO!
                    Last edited by philbucknall; 4 June, 2011, 22:14. Reason: extra thought after posting that required inputting

Comment

I wouldn't, not only because its killing the realism but also for the fact that (especially outdoor play) id be visible from everywhere. I doubt that if the law for paintballing was that you had to wear a high vis jacket, as many people would go.

Comment

I wouldn't, I would never use a two tone gun, I enjoy the collecting as much if not more than the skirmishing. I'd play CoD and Battlefield rather than go out with a two tone.

Not entirely sure that the people voting to play with two tone are in their early twenties. I am 21 and more committed to realisim than many older players. It's the u18 players that pull the average down, I think many grow up though, when I started airsfoting it was in a backgarden with mates and we wore whatever and had a massive range or weapons (pre VCRA). I even used to go out to public parks and run round with springers, which in retrospect was massively stupid but people grow up.

Many kids wander round in track suit bottoms because their gun is horrible and green, as soon as they qualify for a RIF, they will I think begin to appreciate the fun of looking the part, I guess I would despair too if I had to play with an orange M4. I doubt after owning a RIF that alot of them would actually go back to two tone - you just get used to what you know.
                        Last edited by Jay8; 4 June, 2011, 22:27.

Comment

I would. But i would also take out a loan and by all the camo tape in England.

Comment

never

i play airsoft for the RIFS im mostly a collector, i play because its fun but mostly so i can try out my shiney new toys and admire other peoples guns

without this i have no interest in the sport if its all fisher price looking guns
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I would. Two-tone it the camo-tape it to high hell!
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Yes I would still play, it`s about the people not the guns.
                                Airsoft is an immensely social hobby whether it be on a site or online forums such as this one.
                                I`m pretty sure some enterprising soul could come up with a camo stocking to go over the gun on gamedays. Birds do it all the time to make their legs look better so I can see no reason why the same couldn`t be applied to a bit of orange plastic.
                                I find it quite sad that so many people would abandon their hobby because they wouldn`t be able to have a gun which is the same colour as a real one. I use to play soldiers when I was a kid with a piece of chair leg which I thought resembled a sten, imagination is a great thing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
                                Working...
                                X