Would you? (big question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would you? (big question)

Sorry in advance, im on a short time scale and have not read the whole thread so if i spam something said before i apologise.

BUT....
    IF the law deemed it was ok to sell/use RIFS two tone only then if someone reeeeealy wanted to use it as an imitation firarm for criminal purposes they only have to paint it black right? the colour doesnt matter i think for the purpose of them being in the country as its only a tin of black away from bright green to possibly mistaken for real??

Plus i voted NO as its the detatchment and gear i like. May aswell play with super soakers if its two tone.
    Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

having read a bit more i really should not have posted what i just said.......
      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Ive always had to use two tones and even if i did get a UKARA when i turn 18 im not about to go out and buy new guns because there a diffrent colour. Anyway my G&G M4 is two toned but its matt dark blue so it isnt fluroscent and is still fine in terms of not showing up. It realy dosent matter to me
        Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

Yes, I love airsoft more for the heart thumping moments going through a building or advancing on an enemy unseen in the undergrowth. I do like the whole realism and pretty aspect of the weapons but its not everything.
          "Its a control column not a joystick"
          Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

Nope, not a chance, never.

And if you believe that a thread such as this is in any way constructive or helpful in maintaining airsofting as it currently stands - well...........

So, the Retailers/UKARA etc would be delighted to suddenly find their revenue streams suddenly running a little drier ?

Yeah, right.

Comment

It's a no from me as well. It would be like fishing without the hooks!

Comment

Originally posted by da1994 View Post
                I've seen a number of these bash two tone threads recently, and to be honest, I really don't see what we're accomplishing here. No-one likes two tone (Well, apart from Tyler maybe ), so why do we talk about it so often as if doing this is going to change anything.

Anyway, that's not my main point. My main point is that I honestly can't stand the abuse being given to under 18s. Sure, I am one myself, which is probably why it makes me so angry about it. Everyone here seems to see every single under 18 as a tracksuit wearing yob prepared to rob a shop if the mood takes them.

I 'soft. I have a friends who 'soft at my school. I see many other under 18s who 'soft when I go airsofting. They participate just like any of the adults there. None of them are out robbing shops in their spare time. Yes, most of them do have two tones, but we don't have a choice for anything else. None of us are prepared to rent for 3-4 years, we just don't have the money.

And I guess that is my answer to the poll too, I would still 'soft if every gun had to be two tone.

Anyway, just less of the under 18 abuse would be nice... We're just as capable of being responsible like adults. In fact, I've seen a lot of adults acting irresponsible.
                Completly agree. My mates and I are all over 18 (who play) only 1 of them drives, and the other is intending to marry his long term girlfriend in a few years. There are increadibly mature and play the game like true sportmen. If anything Im the most imature out of the bunch who play due to my ADHD, and yet Im in Hitakers (you may have seen us in AI on a few occasions)
                I totally agree with da1994 here, this belief that all those who voted yes must be 12yos who have only ever had Two Tone guns and cheat all the time and ruin our game etc and all those who voted no are 30+ who are oh so experienced and have been doing it for donkeys years and milsim to the extreme and are the gods given gift to airsoft is absurd!
                We milsim, we Namsoft. Were hitakers, some of us have military training. We take this game as seriously as you do. so stop pointing fingers at the younger generation and accept that some of those who play, play to play supprisingly. Regardless of age.
                Ive spent ALOT of money making my weapons look as accurate to what i want, I.e my AKM AIMS. And would be distraught that we would all have to comply to a Two Tone regardless rule. Wish I could remove my vote now as It wouldnt affect my CQB playing, camo tape like I said before, but would destroy my Namsoft and other Milsim I do.
                Im 50/50 now.
                Despise two tone and everything the government have tried to do to our sport, but at the end of the day, its a game. IMO it all depends on how and what you play, plus if your a collector, and how often you soft. Really I think that this is too broad of a question as there are so many factors involved. If you took this to Milsimmers, I reckon theyd unanimously say no, If you took this to Midnight CQB players, you may have a different result.
                There are too many laws and rules around the age of 18, which result in lots of sterotypes and bad opinions, ie when I used to walk down the street with my Mowhawk, leather jacket, skinny jeans and british army standard boots, people would recoil in fear when they bumped into me, but then would be pleasently suprised when I apologised and helped them pick up the belongings they dropped.
                Damn ive got 15mins to get to work now, another 9-6 standing on my feet all day on awful pay :/ fun.
                Feenix
                sigpic
                G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Scary thread this.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

Holy 1.21 jigawatts doc, she's a necropost!
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Re: Would you?? (big question)

But should it become the law that its 2tone, you wouldnt be able to make a RIF at all, end of. I can agree we do it for fun, however some of us started long before UKARA and VCRA came about, we fought for the suspension of disbelief, so we could carry on using RIFs. Should they say you can only use clear bodied guns, I might carry on doing it, its far less in your face.
                      However my stance is on the fact that should it happen, it was helped along by 2tone in the first place, it totally undermines everything we fought for.

I will give a little friendly advice. Be very careful how you word comments in future, some of us do serve, have served.
                      Last edited by Gaffa; 19 December, 2011, 02:06. Reason: Edited for conformity (quote from deleted post removed)
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                        No. I play this for collecting the guns AND for the game. Im not running around with snot green in my hands thanks.
                        What this dude said. I may as well pay (snigger) paintball if this were to happen.
                        For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                        Check out my other sales!

Comment

i dont think this thread should be in the public eye.
                          sigpic
                          Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            I will give a little friendly advice. Be very careful how you word comments in future, some of us do serve, have served.
                            totally understand there may be alot of airsofters that have or are currently serving and i apollogise if any have taken offense to that, just my opinion i'm afraid, 2toning would not stop me airsofting, i would however vote against it if given the choice, answering the question asked.
                            'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
                            'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
                            Originally posted by Hawke
                            Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Comment

i would only play on private land, at 'invite only' events, with the kit i already own

if the only option at public walk-on events was 2-tone.. thank you, but no

Comment

Not a chance! The whole thing that makes airsoft, airsoft is its realism. Without that we all may as well play *shudder* paintball.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
                                Working...
                                X