Collapse

High capacity mags, justify your hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

So Byltm, 2 hicap last 2 30mins games? that 500-600rds, I don't think i would fire that many in a whole day. I think you may have missed the point of these thread.

Comment

Just to play devils advocate…..

Isn’t anything other than low caps an unrealistic capacity ?

Comment

I don't hate hi-caps or their users, not really. However, the noise. Now, I'm not a ninja, I can't slip past people un-noticed; so it's not that they give my position away. It's just the noise.

That noise.

It's the sound of a distressed baby with a rattle trying to escape from the set of one of the 'Saw' films.

I prefer to use two 20 and three 30rd real-caps with my M4, it makes me feel much more...hardcore. Which is a nice bonus to using them.
        Last edited by ImNotTheMafia; 10 June, 2011, 14:57. Reason: Making it somewhere near English...

Comment

more to the point, who uses semi only, i know i do, so lowcaps FTW

Comment

Don't give a monkeys if people use Hi-Caps. I don't use them as the rattle annoys me and I want a bit more realism.

For the most part people can use/do whatever the frick they like (within the rules of the site/airsoft).

They have paid for the day, just the same as I have...go have fun.

I use full auto bursts most of the time, at longer ranges it increases the likelihood of rounds hitting/being felt/called. So for me 30rnds isn't enough, plus we are talking about 0.2g-0.3g rounds which are extremely susceptible to wind/rain/foliage etc
            Last edited by Wargasm; 10 June, 2011, 15:00.
            "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

I don't mind other people using them, they can do what they like, but I'm not overly fond of hoofing it around while sounding like a maraca. Reloading a mid/low cap is more fun than tickling the bottom of a high cap too.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                So Byltm, 2 hicap last 2 30mins games? that 500-600rds, I don't think i would fire that many in a whole day. I think you may have missed the point of these thread.
                Its an improvement from years ago when i first started cutting about with 6 hi caps and neeeding to re fill after every game lol, again im not trigger happy and dont light anybody up with any more than a 3 -5 round burst as i dont like being shot that much either im just aggressive and attack alot more than people sneaking about 'gun-ho' if you will.

Again its just a game...

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
                  Just to play devils advocate…..

Isn’t anything other than low caps an unrealistic capacity ?
                  I would challenge that with; mid-caps compensate adequately for unrealistic accuracy

Seeing new players with one or two hi-caps doesn't bother me. The cost if 6-8 mids plus the means to carry them shouldn't prohibit people playing.

Seeing a chest rig packed with 8 hi-caps boils my pi$$.

Rattle & winding are both irritations which have put me off hi-caps right from the start.
                  bought [bawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                  brought [brawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

I personally find mids a lot easier to use. Load them up before a game, stick them in, shoot your load. ( )

I never feel quite at ease, when I have to use my highs, always fiddling with the dial, so my mind is on the mags as well as on the fight. And it keeps reminding me that I am carrying a high-cap with that rattle, I really need to line the insides of my mags with some cloth or something... then again, almost every skirmish I go to, I almost always tend to leave the highs in the safe zone...

High-caps are great because they are so cheap, but mids are definitely worth it imho. 2nd hand mags help mitigate the cost by a massive amount, or you could just buy a box of Star/MAG mids, which also helps. All you have left to worry about then is where to store the damn things :P

Comment

See, I would argue that winding a hicap every 30-40rnds is the same as changing mags in terms of delay in fire.

It may be the hicaps I've used in the past but if, for some unknown reason, I would have wanted to do a 90rnd burst it would require 2 pauses to wind the mag up. Whereas the spray and spray people I've encountered are those with a 120rnd+ midcap who can empty a whole mag without the need for winding.

I tend to have both types of mag. Mids for my use, hicaps for when I'm lending the gun to someone who doesnt have any webbing to carry spares.

Just my two penneth.

Comment

im not against hi caps as such. i love using midcaps but i only use them for milsim, filmsim, restricted mag cap/ammo limit games.
                        simple reason being that in a general skirmish you need that extra firepower to combat entire teams of other hi-cap users. especialy in cqb. being one of the only mid cap users in a game you just get swampedwith bb's

Comment

as someone said i only had one mag for my sr25 at the time and it lasted all day, but i did go to G&G 50rd mids and have 9 of them i do prefer them sometimes and when using a sniper i hated the rattle and the winding
                          if you dont bleed you know our not trying hard enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jabba View Post
                            See, I would argue that winding a hicap every 30-40rnds is the same as changing mags in terms of delay in fire.

It may be the hicaps I've used in the past but if, for some unknown reason, I would have wanted to do a 90rnd burst it would require 2 pauses to wind the mag up. Whereas the spray and spray people I've encountered are those with a 120rnd+ midcap who can empty a whole mag without the need for winding.
                            See in most cases that is a valid point. Personally I'd prefer changing a mag to winding one on but it amounts to roughly the same firing delay as you said.

The problem is with companies advertising and releasing mags that you can wind once and have ALL of you FOUR HUNDRED ROUNDS ready to rock. Great fun for the user who just points his stubby m4 at the nearest sign of movement and presses the 'fire lever thingy' whilst swaying from side to side, not much fun for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                              I also feel that hi-caps take away a lot of the skill of playing, because if you have a hi-cap you always have in the back of your mind that you're carrying a lot of ammo and so can afford to spray away where as if you are using mid/low caps you know that you have limited ammo and so I feel this encourages people to improve their shooting etc by actually aiming down the sights and taking a precise shot.

It's also a lot nicer if you get hit by one round both for the person getting shot and for the person who fired the round because it's that much more satisfying where as getting laced with 10-20 rounds which were roughly aimed is just irritating.

That's just my view and I could be wrong.
                              Interesting!

In a 'Game' situation where you are trying to win?? surely firing in bursts to maximize chances of getting a kill (and it being taken) is only good sense. Plus of course not every gun is as accurate as others so unless you have a 100% accurate every shot gun then you can't take the risk!

Low caps offer a bit more realism and the additional skill of effective reloading not to mention ammo control but unless everyones doing the same you could be at a disadvantage (especially if you can't play / practice loads)

Can't understand people who complain about getting shot! Its a game where you shoot each other. Unless someone's being malicious (which I bet 99% aren't) then sh*t happens!
                              Robbo

Looking For KSC USPc Mags, MP5 Solid Stock End Plate

Am selling Paintball Gear, MP5 Scope mount, Mil-force Thigh holster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabba View Post

I tend to have both types of mag. Mids for my use, hicaps for when I'm lending the gun to someone who doesnt have any webbing to carry spares.

Just my two penneth.
                                Yet some m4 high's only require winding once.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                                Working...
                                X