High capacity mags, justify your hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High capacity mags, justify your hatred

So what is it that people have against hi-caps ? Forgetting Mil-Sim games for the moment, I’m talking average run of the mill skirmish. There seems to be a sweeping generalisation that if you use Hi-caps you are a spray and pray merchant or guilty of only using 5-10 second bursts. Is it the noise they make that drives people up the wall, the unrealistic capacity or do you feel that the hi-cap user has an unfair advantage or is their something else ? Enquiring minds want to know….

Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

I personally dont use them due to the winding and the noise. There is no major advantage with regards to the magazine (30rounders are abit limiting though).

Comment

i just hate them,

i like to use anything below 70rounds, makes the game more fun,

70rd due to g3 low cap sizes

Comment

I think it's a combination of all of them. I like doing a lot of Milsim but will try and put that aside.

In a regular skirmish they still annoy me, firstly because they are just too unrealistic, I prefer to airsoft because it has a lot more realism than paintball but when you get somone give 90 round burts its just aweful.

Also say you are trying to move from cover to cover and someone is pinning you down, if they are using mid/low caps you know that after a while they have to reload but when you see they are using a hi-cap you have no chance.

I also feel that hi-caps take away a lot of the skill of playing, because if you have a hi-cap you always have in the back of your mind that you're carrying a lot of ammo and so can afford to spray away where as if you are using mid/low caps you know that you have limited ammo and so I feel this encourages people to improve their shooting etc by actually aiming down the sights and taking a precise shot.

It's also a lot nicer if you get hit by one round both for the person getting shot and for the person who fired the round because it's that much more satisfying where as getting laced with 10-20 rounds which were roughly aimed is just irritating.

That's just my view and I could be wrong.
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

i cant complain i used a hi cap all day on my sr25
          if you dont bleed you know our not trying hard enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by marineengineer View Post
            i cant complain i used a hi cap all day on my sr25
            Hi-caps in a DMR.... I think my soul just died.
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Winding noise
              Rattling noise
              They're just horrid
              OTT capacity
              Tempts people into S&P
              They're just horrid...

Comment

I can't say I'm against hi-caps but I have against the pray and spray mob. It might be fun for them but tends to reduce the fun for other players. I moved to low/mids and found I had better days because of it.

Comment

There just to unrealistic, I hate them

Comment

I can see this thread being locked before tonight.
                    Saying that, my main dislike is the extended burst's.

Comment

Changing mags is half the fun, running out at the wrong point etc... I wish all aegs had a working bolt lock... I'd rather that than blowback.

Comment

Im guilty of using hi-caps.

I only use them to counteract other users with hi-caps,
                        I did have 7 100rnd mids for my mp5 but i found i spent a large chunk of the game re-loading after getting into fire fights with hi-cap users.

If i ever done a milsim tho i would go full on and use real-caps or a support gun

Comment

I dont see why your all moaning tbh, its peoples choice personally I dont like carrying alot of kit on me to save my back so couple Hi-caps and im happy, im not trigger happy and can go 2 30Mins games and not completely run out.

The problem is when people point of others using them at skirmishes Ive heard people shouting "f*** off using your hi cap" and the general sniggers and sneers at people using them from the hardcore mil-simmers.

If someone wants to use them so be it

At then end of the day its just a game and stop moaning and enjoy it

Comment

Ihate the noise nothing worse than trying to sprint round the ememy with your mags raterling like hell
                            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Chances are most of the people who use highcaps might do so because it's cheaper than 8 or so midcaps.

As per usual it's the few that ruin the image of many. And for once I'm not talking about under 18s. My beef is with the all-the-gear-and-no-idea guys with the most expensive rigs and rifles and 8 highcaps apiece, who stand at the back and hose everything in sight and then moan because they're out of range. Usually it's not an issue but when they mistake us sneakier players for opposition it's not fun getting a billion and one BBs in the back.

Anyway rant over. I personally don't 'hate' other people using highcaps, just the highcaps themselves. They rattle, you have to wind them, unrealistic, yadah yadah. Not for me.

EDIT:

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
                              raterling
                              Oh wow.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                              Working...
                              X