Collapse

High capacity mags, justify your hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
    Not if they're in the safe zone they don't
    Long walk back if you end up in a fire-fight and run out of ammo.
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

i dont hate hicaps, but do dislike them, changing mags is part of the fun like ben said, HOWEVER........ive bought an m14 and it came with 4 hi's and 3 mid's, shouldering the m14 with my rig is proving annoying and uncomfortable, and because its a fairly heavy gun and the fact that i move around alot, hi caps seem to work better for me as i dont have to carry a whole bunch of mids, just a few hicaps, and i can dump the rig and be more comfortable for whatever games i play with the m14, i do feel like a twat with hi caps though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo DOA View Post
        Sorry Bud At work and a whole loada posts went up while I was writing that one plus I prob didn't read all the previous posts through so my bad!

Friendly Fire Sucks balls! Period but that wasn't what I was getting at! You have every right to be pi$$ed if your shot by your own team. Is that really a Hi-cap thing? or is it more to do with a certain type of player?? Who just happens to have said equipment ?
        Sorry I came on a bit too strong there.

It certaintly is a beef with a kind of player, whom I described above. I was explaining how I don't actually hate highcaps, just the few players who use them in that way and ruin it for the rest who use them in a more reserved way.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
          Touché, my worthy adversary.

Comment

I once had a 45 minute walk back to the carpark at GZ just to get my spare battery from the roof of my car where I'd left it at lunch (put it there so I wouldn't forget it ) :D
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post

All good points, BUT, a burst of 3-4 rounds can still be done with a mid/low cap and so a hi-cap isn't needed. If your rifle can't hit a target using 4 rounds then it has serious problems or you are just way too far away.

I'm not hugely bothered about winning the whole game rather than enjoying myself and if you're better prepared then using lower capacity mags isnt really a disadvantage as a reload takes between 1-2 seconds with practice.

I don't mind getting shot at all but what does bother me is when you get hit with about 10 rounds then put your hand up and shout hit but by that time the hi-cap hero for fear that his original flailing assault on humanity might have missed you laces you with another 10 rounds!
              I guess coming from Competition style paintball I'm way to competitive I always want to win :D

I personally think the issue is with a certain type of player! The one that thinks its cool to unload his gun into a tree or overkill on purpose, they're in any sport hobby and they are D*cks but with the way Airsoft is setup your not going to get whole teams of like minded people!
              Robbo

Looking For KSC USPc Mags, MP5 Solid Stock End Plate

Am selling Paintball Gear, MP5 Scope mount, Mil-force Thigh holster.

Comment

For some guns they're the only option for decent firepower. Such as the TM MAC 10, and since I use the short mags in my SG552, I'm limited to 40 round locaps.

Comment

Originally posted by random-guy View Post
                  shouldering the m14 with my rig is proving annoying and uncomfortable, and because its a fairly heavy gun and the fact that i move around alot,
                  Sounds like you may have the wrong rifle for you then!

Nah just work in a team with good comms, mids are sooo cheap anyway so just carry lots, I rock around with 11 :P

I once had a 45 minute walk back to the carpark at GZ just to get my spare battery from the roof of my car where I'd left it at lunch (put it there so I wouldn't forget it ) :D
                  Ouch, that really sucks, being a diver means being in the habit of 'buddy checking' before games which means you forget less!
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Lost? :D
                    I know the feeling of trying to find the carpark too well...

Out of interest, who here prefers lows or mids yet also owns one or more hi-caps?

I do. Only the one that came with the M4 though, I refuse to put them in my SLR at all. For it is already perfect and needs no improvement.
                    Anyone want to borrow my goggles?

Comment

I guess coming from Competition style paintball I'm way to competitive I always want to win :D

I personally think the issue is with a certain type of player! The one that thinks its cool to unload his gun into a tree or overkill on purpose, they're in any sport hobby and they are D*cks but with the way Airsoft is setup your not going to get whole teams of like minded people!
                      True, it's just harder to give a couple of 20 round bursts when you only have 30 rounds in your mag anyway

Comment

I don't mind hicaps in woods, as has already been covered not everyone can afford a pile of mids to start with. However they can be a PITA in urban as one man with a pile of hicaps can ruin a game if marshalling isn't tight or an ammo limit used. I personally tend to play with mids as i like to actually reload and find that carrying out a nice, tight, quick reload can make me as happy as getting a kill.

What I do however have a problem with is box mags on non-support weapons, y'know the guys i mean, mp5k with a beta mag and an 11.1v lipo types.... See I play as a support gunner, I put a fair chunk of change into a 249 and an m60 and I have learnt how to use them properly. If you want to use a box mag please feel free to do the same there's plenty of options nowadays, or at least if you must use a box mag on an m4 please feel free to buy a hurricane shrike kit.
                        Originally posted by tackle
                        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

For the Record The rattling is annoying and so is the winding! I'd Spend some money on Mids if I had it and was going to play more
                          Robbo

Comment

For the Record The rattling is annoying and so is the winding! I'd Spend some money on Mids if I had it and was going to play more
                            You can get 10 mids for £50 so you could always split a box with someone which would be the price of about 2 high caps! I also find that if I have all my kit just how I like it I want to play more.

Comment

I like sneaking about and the hi caps rattle which doesn't help, as I said in another post you sound like a maraca when your using them!
                              Winding is a pain.
                              I like mag changes, as said above running out at the wrong point is half the fun as you scrabble around trying to change your mag quickly!

That said I have nothing against them or people that use them, I just prefer the mid caps

Comment

I know they're not that expensive but I can't play that regular and both my guns were second hand and came with Hi caps so it's £25 that I wasn't going to spend on Airsoft that helps pay for (house,wedding,child,Xbox games,fishing gear, new footy boots etc etc)
                                Robbo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                                Working...
                                X