Do .25g BB's make a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do .25g BB's make a difference?

the point badger makes about them stinging a bit more is due to heavier bb's holding on to their energy for longer than lighter ones, so basically as you increase bb weight you should see slightly improved "killing power" at longer distances
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
      the point badger makes about them stinging a bit more is due to heavier bb's holding on to their energy for longer than lighter ones, so basically as you increase bb weight you should see slightly improved "killing power" at longer distances
      And the reason they 'hold on' to their energy is because they have a higher terminal velocity due to their higher mass. The terminal velocity of a 0.20g bb is actually quite low (in the mid-200's iirc) so as soon as you fire that bb is decelerating rapidly because it just can't sustain that velocity. A heavier bb has higher TV. I don't know what it is for heavier bbs but it should be relatively simple to calculate.

Good point about gas expansion in gas guns!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        So what you're saying is.. your gun is hot and you shouldnt be using it?
        You dont know what his site limit is he never said he chrono`s on .20`s or that his site limit is strictly 330fps, but you do make a good point.
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

heavier bbs, not only help in groupings, but also in range.
          My youtube channel

Comment

I personally use guarder 0.28 they are great

Comment

i use .23s excels in my aegs work great but for pistols and gas rifles use .28s(ie gaurders) or heavier the dont really loss much fps and seem to have better range by far and accuacy as the gas builds up more behind the round. infact a custom meu i built also cronoed at 310fps no matter wat was in it .2 .28 .4 etc didnt matter.weird?! but the .4s went bout 20ms further lol

Comment

Yeah I seem to remember seeing reports of strange behaviour with gas guns and heavier weights. I can imagine the reactions in my head and understand why but I find it difficult to verbalize the explanation.

Its sort of like, once the gas is released it carries on accelerating outwards behind the bb as opposed to just air which just sort of... flat-lines in terms of outward acceleration.

Anyhoo, I like gas guns and I use Guarder .30's in mine and I believe they're far more harder hitting and definitive with heavier weights...

Also, on that note, I've owned all the Marui shotgun's and I found that they work so, so well on .28's and .30's... Notably better.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                Working...
                X