Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron or Not?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Doctor for the win. I'd use one on every gun, but they look a bit weird on a full size m4
    Go for a micro aimpoint on high larue mount - look wicked on a M4
    sigpic

Comment

Too late, already got a red blue and green aimpoint on top of my carry handle!

Comment

I use a reflex, find it's easier to get down onto compared to the iron sights.
        Accuracy wise don't think it make's much difference, just time to shooting position.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

holo sights all the way cos they don't burn out my nv well my eotech doesnt

Comment

I prefer to let my mum do the ironing.

Comment

I think it depends on the gun and the game. In an Urban game red dots are king but in a woodland game I prefer scoped. But you can always have both! I'm waiting to get a 3X magnifier with a QD mount for me EOTech. That way If i get up close and personal I can just pop the magnifier off to the side.

I think things like MP5K's, TMP's etc. should be iron sights. Although an MP7 with a 551 looks sick!
              sigpic
              There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Comment

I used the irons on my M16 for an indoor CQB game and got merked, royally and repeatedly. I used my x4 Elcan for the same game and merked, royally and repeatedly, I couldn't believe the difference it made. :D It's so much easier to draw precision shots onto a target and see them duck for cover, or call hit.

There's nothing like seeing people at the other end of the site tripping over themselves trying to get away from your shots in glorious scope HD. ^_^
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Anything where you have to focus your eye through a sight or scope will slow you down when aquiring a target.

It is quicker to be able to keep both eyes open and also less tireing than closing one and keeping one open.

Ultimatly though it is what you fancy and get used to using I guess. Not others thoughts.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well I usually wear a half face mask, so getting my head low enough on the rifle to line up the irons is usually a no no.

Usually these x4 sights are on a high mount, so perfect for that, Holosights are great too. If you just wear ballistics glasses then that's a different story.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Red dots are great but on my L85 I use a 4x zoom susat but only for looks.
                      sigpic

Comment

yep, susat on lsw else iron sights or red dot with the dot switched off (as mine isn't true hlographic it won't be zeroed if you move your head).

As said earlier, both eyes open just use sights to aquire target then watch where your rounds land & adjust. bbs are just not accruate enough outdoors for much else. In doors mind sights are more useful.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gnome1 Airsoft, Rugby and Computer. Entertaining life.... :P Find out more about gnome1
                        Working...
                        X