Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rant in Airsoft

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
    bit of a generalisation there m8 perhaps, both paintball sites I know of are your standard few props/bases in the middle of a forest, whereas I know of quite a few airsoft sites that are based in highly unique settings, the mall, drakelow bunker, anzio and thats just the one firm that Im connected with
    That's a little biased...lol. You forgot the new one in Wales...
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

My old site, CQB Scotland (god rest its soul) had a disused hospital, ex RAF base, shopping village and former army barracks amongst others, ah those were the days.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
        Paintball is far more accepted, widespread and expensive than airsoft and therefore takes in more revenue so its hardly surprising that airsoft sites struggle to put in place the same sort of infrastructure.
        I do believe this is the answer. Honestly, outside of video games, I don't see many warzones and areas of skirmish that are littered with downed Helicopters and blown-up APC's. You are more then likely to see what we see now alot more, if not a few vehicles and probably a few shabby shacks in Woodland and such and if you are lucky, a whole street if you go Urban.

Until Airsoft is as mainstream and accepted as Paintball, don't get your hopes up for such 'realistic' sites. Paintballers really do need to feel the enviroment more then we do if I want to express my opinion. From personal history with both hobbies, I have found paintballers to be far more interested in getting away from 'realistic' style combat arenas and Airsofters wanting more 'Realism' to go with the more 'Real' Airsoft AEG.

Think about it, if you were to play in a place like say, Sennybridge in the Brecon's every Saturday. I would think many of us would be happy bunnies. However it would eb extremely expensive to run as an owner and it would be expensive to play on as a skirmisher.

Unless someone who likes Airsoft and wins the Euro which stands at £86 mil. Goes and invests with a long established and/or experienced team who have/currently ran/owned one or several sites. Don't expect to see anything you will see in MW3 as a skirmish field anytime soon.

Yes I know there is a Scrapyard style Paintball field for CODXP. Just goes to show how accepted Paintball really is.
        sigpic
        http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Theres one really good site, tad expensive and im not sure about health and safety. Check it out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmand_Province
          Knowledge is power

Comment

Whats the FPS limit there and can I use highcaps?
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by riversphynxz View Post
              we spend lots of money to look and feel like real soldiers, we're playing with 1/1 reliplicas of the rifles and even tried to imitate the recoil of it!
              Rage.......Building..........Can't.....stop...

GRRRRAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
                Rage.......Building..........Can't.....stop...

GRRRRAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
                I know mate...I started, but couldn't compose myself for an appropriate reply.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie_Sniper62 View Post
                  Theres one really good site, tad expensive and im not sure about health and safety. Check it out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmand_Province
                  only problem there is if you're hit, no regen...
                  you're lucky if you're still breathing :D

Comment

Airsoft more then makes up for it with the realism of the guns. I would rather have my aug then a pipe with a gas canister attached to it that fires balls of paint. Then again there are rif paintball guns but are very impractical. Either way airsoft is superior and should be given more attention and publicised more

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                      should be given more attention and publicised more
                      Could not disagree more. Airsoft is what it is now because it's popularity has not exploded. The day it has a popularity explosion is the day Airsoft dies. I am not being elitist I want more people to join and play but I don't believe Airsoft "should" get those things.

Comment

Use of hicaps? Hmmmmm its allowed but frowned upon by the elite/sarges ur much more of a n00b if u have 1 so people just stick to midcaps. FPS is still the same, humanitarian mission and all that, its because technically once we "invaded" the afghan citizens technically became asylum seekers so they have our human rights. Plus havent u seen Abu Hamza al-Masri's house in South Kensington he stops there and hits the London nightlife when hes not killing the infidels. Not quite sure how the club wrist bands fit on him though :S Oh and theres loads of downed choppers and "accidentally" bombed buildings for OP.
                        Knowledge is power

Comment

wow i will be the first to say this if i remember to do the lottery than i promise to invest all of that money into making the most epic airsoft site buy buying a small village and filling it with wesfield choppers apcs miniguns the whole lot

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                            Whats the FPS limit there and can I use highcaps?
                            bring as many as you can and fps can be 3250 +

how i wish i win the lotto and drop in by a huey or blackhawk or li'l birds in my site
                            :D

Comment

I disagree, if airsoft exapands it will bring more benefits than problems. If it's more popular more revenue will be made meaning more sites will expand and open (be able to afford to put helicopters etc), manufacturers will invest more in r&d increasing the quality and choice of guns, guns will become cheaper and better value for money.

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                                I disagree, if airsoft exapands it will bring more benefits than problems. If it's more popular more revenue will be made meaning more sites will expand and open (be able to afford to put helicopters etc), manufacturers will invest more in r&d increasing the quality and choice of guns, guns will become cheaper and better value for money.
                                Well, I hate to disagree. But seriously, if you expand Airsoft towards the mainstream audience, you will see an influx of morons. If Airsoft Guns become cheaper and more widely available to fit the probably demand. Well, I for one seeing it be all too easy for the bad press to come in and for a future of Two-Tone for all. Or worse.

We could lose the the hobby we all love. It is a very delicate matter, I for one would love to see Airsoft have the -profit- it needs to expand on, not the revenue. You need the profit from the revenue really, as it's the profit you can put aside into expansion.
                                sigpic
                                http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

riversphynxz Vietnam war relics collector, model aircaft builder, painter, musician Find out more about riversphynxz
                                Working...
                                X