Do You Trust Mesh Googles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Trust Mesh Googles?

I have had only one experience with mesh face masks at airosft, it wasnt a very good one, I was about 30 metres away from this guy, I fired three shots of which one hit him in the face, it went straight through his mesh mask and hit him in the cheek about an inch down and slightly to the right of his left eye. The guy walked up to me bleeding from where the bb hit, and insisted that I go all the way down to the car park to get my gun chronoed... It was firing at 322 fps, and it went straight through his mesh mask at 30 metres. So from my own experience I will never be buying anything made of mesh.

Comment

bbs can break and come through mesh ,but the chance of injury is minimal at UK limits. I have never in all my 14 years playing seen or read about any serious injury due to a bb breaking and coming through the holes in mesh ,even with weak woven mesh .Personally I've had bits of bb in my eye twice in my time .Which I got out and carried on, its much like getting some dust in your eye .Now there is a higher chance of breaking bbs with stronger stamped steel mesh as weaker mesh's absorb the impact causing a dent but you risk compleat breach of the mesh with repeated impacts on weaker mesh. Shooting your average sensei at point blank in the same spot with a 0.2 at 350fps will breach after 3-4 hits, where as my mesh for exsample will take about 22-23 rounds before a breach. That said the bbs do tend to break more as its harder .Mesh type, range ,power ,ammo type obviously are a factor in this and at some point it has to become a serious risk .But even at high end field limits I don't think theres a great risk imo. Each to their own aye ,if it worries you don't wear it simple. Whats far more worrying imo is the use of ill fitting non sealed eyewear without safety straps of which I often see .I know a few who have lost their vision due to rounds getting in around the edge of the lens .In some cases it has happened to those with close fitting glasses with a safety strap. We all assess own risk at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
        Normally I would not be happy with non full eye seal glasses and guess what? I had a strike to the face as I was keen to get in close and make sure people were playing fair and straight. The bb strike hit me just below the lens and tunnelled up slightly under the lens. It really hurt and I am not sure where the bb went (might not have quite got under the lens, or it might have and exited through the sides or gone up and out, I don't know) but luckily it did not hit my eye. The hit pushed my glasses forward a bit even with the strap on the frame. Had I not been using a strap, I think the glasses would probably been knocked off my face.

Had I been on the receiving end of a good long burst of fire, well, you do the math. Yes I flinched away but with guns firing 15-20 shots a second as standard, can anyone honestly say they have the reaction time to dodge the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... no, its bullshit, you can't. Human body needs time to react.
        This is exactly what I was saying!!
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I started using these about 2 years ago. Having used a Sansei mask for about 10 years, this was a nice change to have a bit more freedom to breathe - as well as eat and drink whilst gaming! A couple of weeks ago however, I was reminded of the importance of full face protection especially when playing with non-regulars who don't necessarily possess game etiquette and/or knowledge of just how powerful Chinese clone guns are - See below pics

Pic 1
          Pic 2

Needless to say, I will be keeping a full face mask in my kit again from now on!!

Comment

Originally posted by venasus View Post
            I have had only one experience with mesh face masks at airosft, it wasnt a very good one, I was about 30 metres away from this guy, I fired three shots of which one hit him in the face, it went straight through his mesh mask and hit him in the cheek about an inch down and slightly to the right of his left eye. The guy walked up to me bleeding from where the bb hit, and insisted that I go all the way down to the car park to get my gun chronoed... It was firing at 322 fps, and it went straight through his mesh mask at 30 metres. So from my own experience I will never be buying anything made of mesh.
            They must of been really,really crap or paper...what velocity would the bb be doing at 30 metres...

Comment

i altually perfer my mesh cus i've had both and the worse i've had was a dent in the mesh and with the plastic/whatever it is ones i've had them smashed and cracked by bb's
              Pistolero, i'm the baddest bandito in mexico

Comment

Bolle commander goggles (the ones i purchased) had only one complete lens which ones did you use ? you said one of the lenses.

my own experience I use ESS Ice 2.4 and have done so the last 2 years playing CQB and woodland. the only issue i had was the nose piece coming loose and the lens attachment on one side breaking. I cant say this was due to in game or me being heavy handed. my second pair havent suffered this.

I tried some mesh glasses yesterday and i kept feeling sick after helplessley noticing the mesh and losing focus.

Each to their own i say.

Comment

Originally posted by macka_smacka View Post
                  Bolle commander goggles (the ones i purchased) had only one complete lens which ones did you use ? you said one of the lenses.

my own experience I use ESS Ice 2.4 and have done so the last 2 years playing CQB and woodland. the only issue i had was the nose piece coming loose and the lens attachment on one side breaking. I cant say this was due to in game or me being heavy handed. my second pair havent suffered this.

I tried some mesh glasses yesterday and i kept feeling sick after helplessley noticing the mesh and losing focus.

Each to their own i say.
                  Sorry, my mistake, they are the Bolle Tracker 2's

I am going to take a pic and upload now.

Comment

Here you go, the frame failed completely and the lens fell out when I picked them up.

Utter JUNK.

By hotdogtin at 2011-09-05

By hotdogtin at 2011-09-05

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                    Working...
                    X