Propane Or Green Gas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane Or Green Gas ?

I personally have shot cans of green gas (and predator) both full and nearly empty as i was worried myself. At 335, with .2g i struggled to dent them. I wouldnt woory about the saftey of these cans, unless someone wants to cut one open and see how thick they are?
    A c02 rifle managed to punch a hole straight through them though (.22 not airsoft) thank god for that perspex box i made /:
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by hotelkilo View Post
      can i have badge as well pls
      Ahh this is fun! Here you go! :-)

look at the ppl using gbb's and just count how many are using propane...

...convenience has a lot of supporters in my experience
      I only use gas. Be it GBBR, GBB pistol or gas sniper (although I'm starting to build up a spring project gun). I can tell you from experience about the superiority of propane to green gas, although I don't need to because this thread has already had many others, more knowledgeable than I, saying these things again and again. Before I started using propane my GBBR didn't function properly (too much lube introducing horrendous amounts of cooldown and also coating everything inside the gun and decreasing every kind of consistency in the gun).

If you go to a normal airsoft game then 90% of the GBB guns are pistols which, in my experience, can handle the highly lubricated airsoft gases absolutely fine. That other 10%, being the people who use gas-powered main guns, know not only about the cost advantage of propane but also of how much better everything works while running propane. And one of the HUGE advantages has got to be being able to vary how much lube you're putting into the system.

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Ahhh wrong he might be on the strength of the walls vs the walls of a coke can.

But how would you rate a green cans walls vs the bottom and in some cases top of said coke can?

Because im quite certain ive seen on several occasions a site legal 350fps gun penetrate both top and bottom of a coke can, and i would say just the bottom alone was stronger than a green cans walls.
      This is true (although, hotelkilo, I never said anything about which surface of a coke can I was comparing to the walls of a green gas can) and there are a lot of sites that have DMR or sniper FPS limits meaning that you can have "UK site legal" guns shooting at much above 328fps. I know, from experience, that these powers can easily go straight through the TOP of a coke can, although we're not even talking full penetration here. All that we're talking about is slightly rupturing the side of a pressurised container. One the side of the can has been hit (with much more force than your squeezing hand could hope to apply) it will weaken. This makes it easier for the side to rupture (note I just said it makes it easier!). We don't need for the bb to go all the way through the side of the can but just for it to weaken it enough for a small crack to appear. That is most certainly possible with a green gas canister (I have seen it online and with my own two eyes) however it is not even a consideration with propane canisters.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
        I wouldn't want to carry a can of Airsoft gas with me! Especially considering how thin the walls of those cans are (similar to a drinks can) and what the majority of Airsoft guns can do to a coke can. That's just looking for trouble!
        YAWN

Comment

i only have an opinion based on experience regarding the overall robustness of green gas cans vs drinks cans in an airsoft environvent.
          Oh I see... Done lots of testing? :-)

Out of interest, seeing as you claim "no it isn't" to my "propane is superior in almost every way", in what way is propane inferior to green gas?

Comment

How long before:
            A) this thread goes full bitchfest
            B) gets deleted because of A)?
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

YAWN
              Haha! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                Oh I see... Done lots of testing? :-)

Out of interest, seeing as you claim "no it isn't" to my "propane is superior in almost every way", in what way is propane inferior to green gas?
                1) my experiences with both cans of drink and cans of airsoft gas in an airsoft environment could perhaps be summed up in 1 or 2 sentances.. here we go..

over the years i have seen several cans of drink ruptured just by being in someones pocket and being knocked against something as they walked by, i have never seen any kind of airsoft gas can compromised IN ANY WAY in an airsoft environment. not compromised by being shot, not compromised by being knocked against something and not by being in the sun on a hot day.

2) it is my opinion that the only potential benefit of using propane is cost over the long term,

in my opinion the disadvantages of propane are inconvenience (for a few reasons), lack of lube (causes a few problems) and using propane invalidates some companies warranties

Comment

KaRcop you can keep posting images which have little or nothing to do with this thread, whatever floats your boat dude.

however your point about the weakness of green gas cans, because you think they are similar to drinks cans, is completely erroneous

im sorry that you can not seem to understand your point was wrong. it doesnt mean i want to make you look stupid (like you need my help) or hunt you down and kill you.. or that im a troll...

just accept that your point was in error and we can all move on.

have a nice day

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
                  Working...
                  X