X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Li-Po Batterys ?

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
    Why didnt you buy Deans connectors?

because soldering definately is NOT my strong point and gun was already wired for the tamiaya dont get me wrong i love Deans connector had them on my G&P m4 but i cant swap them over myself and paying people to do it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man613 View Post
      because soldering definately is NOT my strong point and gun was already wired for the tamiaya dont get me wrong i love Deans connector had them on my G&P m4 but i cant swap them over myself and paying people to do it is stupid.
      Learn to solder! Really handy thing to be able to do! : )

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
        Learn to solder! Really handy thing to be able to do! : )
        you would have thought an electrician would know how to wouldnt you?? i can solder just end up making a pigs ear out of it really probally would work but why change something thats not broke wasting money otherwise arent ya???

Comment

Originally posted by music_man613 View Post
          you would have thought an electrician would know how to wouldnt you?? i can solder just end up making a pigs ear out of it really probally would work but why change something thats not broke wasting money otherwise arent ya???
          Haha lol. But you change them for the same reason you would change to Li-Po or whatever, you want to get the best out of your batteries. Theyre only a couple of quid aswell.

Comment

Also Tamiya connectors are prone to arcing when used with li po's. And to be honest the majority of li po's don't come with connectors attached, especially the higher quality ones so you would still need to buy connectors. I know deands are more expensive but when dealing with an expensive battery like a Li po then I would always go for them. Its a lot of money if it all goes tits up for the sake of a couple of quid
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

So many myths around lipos its funny.

Hands up anyone here that doesn't use lipo's.... If you raised your hand you're a idiot.

Step 2 open you mobile up & have a look at the battery - or your laptop & look at the battery.... yes you have been using lipo's safley for years people.

For the purposes of airsoft they are new. I've been running them for a while in my PTW's without issues. A good charger is what you need & get some good connectors to. as stated above the tamiya ones are poop.

As for "major issues" no a good charger and a good well maintained gat is all you need. Major issues like exploding guns means you dont look after your kit & therefore don't deserve it.

yes a normal trigger switch is going to be your weak point as like the tamiya connector they arn't great and are prone to arching.

All in all tho - Lipo's are cheaper than the usual NiCad's or Nimh £25 for one opposed to £40 for the equalivent.

As for chargers being expensive - my normal charger costs more than my lipo charger (which does both) but then its what keep my gun going - skimping on price here its like skimping on tyres for you cars - a very silly idea.
              I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Why are you an Idiot if you dont use Li-Po batteries?

And i think you will find that most phone/laptop batteries are Lithium Ion, not polymer, even though they are quite similar.

Comment

Also laptop batteries have inbuilt saftey cut-outs that turn the battery off if voltage drops into dangerous levels, im not sure if airsoft li-pos have them but i'd tend to say that they didnt due to space or something? If they do please tell me as id seriously consider using them.

Comment

hey barny read a little earlier Lipo's don't normally come with a cutoff but you can buy a Li po saver for a few quid. Tey are usually about a large stamp in size and it plugs inbetween the motor wiring and battery and will indeed warn you when the charge becomes low. Not sure about dedicated airsoft ones though. The ones I use are for my RC planes. Just think what would happen if it cut the battery in mid air. basically it emits an audible sound warning you to stop using asap. Because they are really small in size Isee no reason why they wouldn't fit in most guns
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

sorry - LiPo's were used in older laptop's & mobiles - they have progressed on to Li Ion - My bad.

As for cut off's - on the batteries no - but then on 2 of my guns they have built in low voltage cut off's. & on the others I'm just sensible with them - only using at most 600 rnds before swapping the battery out. also 600 rnds for me is easily a whole day.
                      I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                      Working...
                      X