Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with Viper gear?

Maybe nothing?

Personally I love the stuff, its cheap, its functional and it lasts...

However when something viper related is on the forum it stays there, for a long time... Or all my stuff did anyway. So is it that people think Viper are inferior?
    Is there something literally wrong with the company? Or is it just people wanting better gear and therefore happy to pay more for it?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: What is wrong with Viper gear?

I think part of it is 'its cheap .'. its not as good as my £XXX kit'. Or 'all new players wear it so it musnt be good'. I have had a viper molle rig, viper gloves, and a few other bits and bobs, and all of it is decent quality for the price.
    Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
    Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

There's nothing wrong it's very good value for mOney

Comment

I think it's because they're not know for the most sturdy and best built stuff, but am happy to say some of the most useful gear I use(d) has been the Viper stuff. I know it's not the very best build quality, and much of it doesn't mimic a real world gear style or manufacturer, but simply for airsofting, especially on a budget, I think their stuff is really good for the price.

Comment

I have an OD Viper Molle rig, pouches and holster. It does it's job, screw what geardos think. Gear does not make you a better player.
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

My first assault vest was Viper. I think it was a great choice and great value for money, lasted ages. In fact, it never ripped or anything, just some of the colour wore away from the sun, then I bought some PLCE webbing hehe. :D
            Originally posted by psirus101
            I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I know people who swear by the stuff who've been playing for years, I however have had no luck with it. It ends up falling apart and getting thrown to the back of a gear cupboard, but I do wear gear out at a massively accelerated rate, it's like my superpower.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with it, it's sound gear that won't cost the earth. It's just allergic to me.
              POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
              sigpic

Comment

Because most of their stuff is pretty crap , I've had 2x pistol mags , a vest , 2 dropleg holsters , a dropleg pannel and a helmet from them . All broke withing 4 skirmishes .

I don't trust my pistols or gas mags ( that are rather expensive) in anything less than Serpa's , Safariland's , Flyye , Eagle or Allied Industires pouches and holsters.

Why because they are well made , combat proven and last for ever . Why put a gun you have spent £200 ish on in a £20 holster unless you want it broken .

IMHO

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

It's fine for airsofters whos lives don't depend on it.

Comment

i had alot of viper kit when starting The SAAV vest is fantastic never failed me once, Everything else i had fell to bits. It might also be down to what experiences people have had with the products.

Great for starters or tight budgets... I always Buy WAS gear.. ALOT better and not much more expensive!
                    Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

absolutely nothing its cheap decent quality and perfect for airsoft.

what i think people have a problem with is that its designed for airsoft and isnt real

Comment

I tried loads of dropleg holsters and the best one ended up being a viper. It's all down to personal preference.
                        The only bit I don't like is that it has Viper written all over it. It displeases me
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by StrangelyOrange View Post
                          I know people who swear by the stuff who've been playing for years, I however have had no luck with it. It ends up falling apart and getting thrown to the back of a gear cupboard, but I do wear gear out at a massively accelerated rate, it's like my superpower.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with it, it's sound gear that won't cost the earth. It's just allergic to me.
                          To be fair, the amount of time you spend crawling around, I'm surprised your knees haven't worn away...

I run with a lot of Viper gear, OD chest rig, all pouches are Viper and I have Viper gloves. It's cheap and hasn't broken yet. While it's not broken it'll stay on my rig until it does. The biggest selling point for me was that it was cheap and seems to be hardwearing. My life doesn't depend on it though so I can quite happily spend £8 on a mag pouch and I won't be upset if it only lasts me a few skirmishes.
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I still have a Viper SAAV I've been using for around 3 years. I also use a Viper dropleg because it can house a shotgun or MAC 10 with a little persuasion. I'm not a gear person, so as long as it holds my stuff, and is cheap enough, I use it. I became an airsofter for the guns, not the £200 plate carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                              I tried loads of dropleg holsters and the best one ended up being a viper. It's all down to personal preference.
                              The only bit I don't like is that it has Viper written all over it. It displeases me
                              a pair of scissors will soon see to that :P thing is i like labels on my stuff makes me feel its better quality as there not afraid of putting brand names on it :P as most other things are clones of the real thing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                              Working...
                              X