What is wrong with Viper gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is wrong with Viper gear?

I've had 2 viper slings break witin 5 minutes of each other during thier first game while using a plastic mp5 , resulting in its stock snapping . I'd rather pay £20 + for a blawkhawk / eagle one that will handle anything from an mp9 to a m249 with no problems than £5 multiple times after it breaks.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

My other Viper gears is fine but I have to agree about the slings. I bought a two point sling for my G3 and broke it. The metal hooks were made of some cheapo pseudometal that bent out of shape from the weight of the gun.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

In my case I am reluctant to buy a Viper vest (despite kind of wanting one), not because noobs wear them but because a local team to me all wear them - and they play like total jerks. I know its only a superficial link but, what can I say, I have a simple mind :D

Comment

My viper vest is holding up well XD Although i doubt you could mess up something as simple as a belt.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

The problem is quality control, much like with ACM stuff.

Viper/web-tex can produce some decent stuff that lasts, but 1 chest rig isn't necessarily the same as the next one of the exact same model, even if it was made in the same batch at the same factory. This thread demonstrates that pretty clearly, a lot of guys are perfectly happy with their kit because it's cheap and it has lasted, but a fair few are also entirely unhappy because their stuff just fell apart 2-3 games in.

Personally when people ask me for kit recommendations I tend to point them elsewhere, not because all Viper stuff is junk far from it, purely because you just can't quite be 100% certain of what you'll get. I don't want to be the guy who told someone else to buy a vest that disintegrated on them right out the packet. Given the prices some retailers charge I tend to think you can get more peace of mind by spending just a couple of quid more on certain other manufacturers.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I personally use a Viper tac vest with pouches and its been 100% fine...i love it!

I did however buy a cheap viper 2 point sling for my shottie and it lasted less than a day...never again!

Comment

Prefer warrior gear myself.

But I will say the frag pouches are perfect for bfgs

Comment

I had a nice eagle holster almost the same as my mates viper one, both felt good sat fine, until you ran, my mates one dropped his pistol and it didn't like it, my pistol, well i could have ran marathon and it would still be in there, you get what you pay for.

Comment

when i first started, i bought the viper bolle battle belt and put 2 viper ak mag pouches on it.it worked just fine,no problems.
                    my viper tac gloves have lasted about 4 years,now they have holes in.....wonder if theyre still under gaurantee??

the only problem i had was with the dropleg pistol holster,the stitching came away easily.
                    sigpic
                    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

The only issue I have with viper stuff is that it's a little basic. It does the job but doesn't have any bells and whistles...

Comment

When I was starting out I saw the Viper Collection and thought it was the coolest thing in history; seemed cheap enough and was fully customisable.

I first bought a Viper Assault Vest and then realised I didn't actually need anything else. That lasted me a couple of years and I've only recently sold it on. Only reason being is that I'm pursuing a different loadout style. I may well go back to buying another Assault Vest at some point. I have no problems with Viper stuff.
                        "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I started off with Viper but moved to a set of Warrior. I learned long ago that if you buy the good stuff, you don't have to re-buy it later.

That said, the Viper kit is FAR from bad. It's suprisingly decent quality for the price and I could happily recommend it for people wanting decent kit without spending a lot of money.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                          Working...
                          X