Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is wrong with Viper gear?

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
    I still have a Viper SAAV I've been using for around 3 years. I also use a Viper dropleg because it can house a shotgun or MAC 10 with a little persuasion. I'm not a gear person, so as long as it holds my stuff, and is cheap enough, I use it. I became an airsofter for the guns, not the £200 plate carriers.
    What he said. I play airsoft for the pleasure of playing. If your into gear and impressions that is fine but no one should look down anyone because of what gear they use.
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Comment

At the moment I run a TMC molle vest with separate pouches that are all TMC. And they are all great stuff.

My belt system is Viper, and it has a dump pouch and 2 pistol mag pouches on it, and so far they are all holding up great.
      The most important Viper purchase I have made is my 3 point sling, it cost £7 new and supports the full weight of the Masada in my signature... And it has done so for months. Awesome bit of kit!

I'm glad I started this thread cause it has proved that despite what I assumed, many people believe Viper is worth it, and that's what I wanted to know.

My next question? Where were all those people when I tried to sell my old viper stuff!?

Comment

nothing wrong with it, but....

it's synonymous with new players, so people avoid it to prevent looking like a noob
        h e y d r i c h
        L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Think of it as a JG G36. Theyre actually really good, but because theyre cheap a lot of people avoid them.

EDIT: also my viper sling (cost £5) is the only sling that works properly with my m16, which weighs nearly 6.5kg!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

My first skirmishing gear was Viper, it is cheap and mostly good value for money if its only being used a couple of times a month. I have had some of their kit thats been utter garbage, drop leg holster sucked massive plums tbh, it spent more time ejecting my Hicapa mags than it did holding the gun, also it had a nasty habbit of ejecting the gun at certain angles.
            The build quality isnt as good as say Warrior or Flyye, but the price reflects this, also when they make replicas of the Blackhawk massively overpriced crossdraw vest your onto a winner really.
            Think of the money you saved over the snobs who dis you, then think about the beer you were able to buy from that money saved!
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't buy it because all the viper kit I've had has broken on me within a few skirmishes - I'd rather spend a bit more (and in most cases, I haven't spent more buying good stuff second hand than it'd cost me to buy viper kit new).

Put it this way, if I bought a <insert reliable luxury brand here> car and it broke on me in the first few drives, I wouldn't buy that brand again regardless of what anyone else says.

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                What he said. I play airsoft for the pleasure of playing. If your into gear and impressions that is fine but no one should look down anyone because of what gear they use.
                Agreed, I have a load out that is pure fiction, but it works, and that's what matters.

Comment

Airsnobs.

The same kind of people who would refuse to buy a Cyma AK and wear anything other than multicam and their Cryye precision chassis armour with genuine SAPI plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    Airsnobs.

The same kind of people who would refuse to buy a Cyma AK and wear anything other than multicam and their Cryye precision chassis armour with genuine SAPI plates.
                    ive got a cyma ak :D

Comment

When some of you say broken, what exactly do you mean? I'm sitting here tugging at every visible buckle and seam on my viper vest and holsters and I can't really see any way it could 'break', unless your Sunday skirmish consists of being airdropped into Iraq, parachute being held on by your Viper vest, and proceeded to draw your pistol so many times your holster melted from friction.

Comment

Ive got a cyma AK too, other than on its last skirmish it got snapped in half, it has been nothing short of awesome, even when held together by black maskers.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                          I tried loads of dropleg holsters and the best one ended up being a viper. It's all down to personal preference.
                          The only bit I don't like is that it has Viper written all over it. It displeases me
                          Yep, same for me. I don't mind little labels on the edge, cos they can be cut off, but when it's stitched into the actual fibres of the pouch etc, it really annoys me.

I've got some viper gear. Much of it is absolutely adequate, and will last for a good long while if treated properly.
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                            To be fair, the amount of time you spend crawling around, I'm surprised your knees haven't worn away...
                            Point, Martin. What can I say, I work best face down and covered in badger faeces.
                            POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
                            sigpic

Comment

i've never really been a fan of the viper stuff just not the load out I'm use and theyre gear is ok but i like my kit like my women rough tough and take damn good pounding
                              http://evillkilt.wordpress.com/

Comment

Seems hit and miss some of their bits. The LA Special Forces vest they do is excellent for a budget rig. But I've seen slings snap (causing a gun to smash) and the shirt I ordered recently from them was pure tosh.

It does a job, but I find a lot of camo rather plasticy / shiney.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                                Working...
                                X