This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Recoil Versus PTW

I know that most airsofters tend to start off with lower end guns and work up over the years, I even recall someone a while ago described the journey as being JG then G&P then TM Recoil and then finally a PTW. If this is true then im at the recoil stage as I started with JG then went to G&P (stayed there a while as I loved them) and now im in love with the recoil guns, question is.....

Is it worth going to the next level and getting a PTW, either Systema or Celcius

I love the sound and the slight recoil on the TM's so wonder if going to a PTW will maybe take something away from my airsofting experience or add to it, As much as I love the G&P M4's I dont think I will go back after using a TM recoil so will moving to a PTW just be like an upgraded G&P with faster trigger response and bolt lock, granted the PTW's look lovely but what really is so good about them.

I tend to play more CQB these days so use single shot most of the time and want something that will work out of the box with little or no work doing to it so is a Systema or Celcius worth the money as I have heard that you need to drop loads of extra's on to get it working.

Oh and the Celcius would be the Version 3 if I go one of them
    sigpic

Re: TM Recoil Versus PTW

Based on what you've said, it sounds to me like a PTW would be something of a disappointment to you. As far as the TM recoil series go, do you have any favourites?

Comment

Thats what im thinking but im so tempted by one but I must admit its nice to have 2 recoils to play with, my favourite recoild is the recce but probably because its newer for me
      sigpic

Comment

Oh dear...
        Anyway, recently found myself looking towards either the TM Sopmod option or Systema options, spent weeks researching and used both to try them out, I still could possibly manage to get a PTW as well but I went for the TM, its just more fun and for me that is what the nature of the beast is. I certainly would not say I am anti systema, I would imagine I will get one at some point. I just don't get the price or the argument about the quality, yeah it was nice....But not that nice.
        The TM works well for me, more fun I can switch the mags from 30/82, range is good and when the suitable mosfet for tri burst comes out this year job done.
        I don't buy into the 'realism' bit, I use real ones for work every working day and I have yet to find a real one that takes batteries, unless you include the X26.
        each to their own, as above I will possibly get one, but at the moment the TM made me smile more when choosing between them.
        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

1) Do not get a celcius unless u like guns that are broken more than they are working. They're kinda like the alfa Romeo of guns- when they're working they're great, but that just isn't very often
          2) you will lose the user experience going from a TM recoil to anything other than GBB
          3) if you play CQB on single shot mostly, you won't benefit from the accuracy or the rate of fire on a systema, so you'd be wasting a lot of money. The trigger response is amazing, but it's also pretty good on TM recoil guns, and u could add a MOSFET a lot cheaper than buying a systema
          4) as u mentioned a systema doesn't stop at £1200- you're looking at around £40 a mag, of which you'll need at least 6. Water proofing and maybe hop mod, motor rewind mod on older ones, lipos, servicing

From you've said, stick with TM recoil guns

Comment

Hasn't this style thread been done enough already?

Comment

Don't ask us which is going to be better for you; ask yourself if the Systema is going to be roughly 3 times better or if you're going to enjoy playing 3 times more?
              sigpic

Comment

TM EBB Pros:
                Much better sound when shooting
                Recoil that makes other AEG's seem lifeless
                Well built, and upgradable
                Long lasting

Cons:
                Harder to open/upgrade
                Not on par with a PTW unless you upgrade some internals

PTW pros:
                Build quality
                Looks (although the sopmod etc look awesome too)
                Accuracy/power out the box
                Quick change cylinder
                Bragging rights?

Cons:
                Price (you could get 2x TM EBB + upgrades!)
                Costs do not stop at the rifle, needs work
                Expensive parts
                No blowback
                Realising that it's just another AEG a few months in?

Comment

I love PTWs to pieces but, am going to buy myself a TM recoil at some point just for beating up. with a ptw there is always the concern something will go wrong if you mistreat it and suddenly you'll just be poor and unarmed.
                  That being said, the range is phenomenal and the accuracy is second to none, as for the RoF... out of the box it's the best i've ever seen on an M4. mags and such are too pricey yes but they are worth it as long as you look after them and the gun.
                  As everyone has said, your particular situation would not benefit from a ptw at all and a celcius is a waste of money. problems from day one.
                  | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo View Post
                    3) if you play CQB on single shot mostly, you won't benefit from the accuracy or the rate of fire on a systema, so you'd be wasting a lot of money. The trigger response is amazing, but it's also pretty good on TM recoil guns, and u could add a MOSFET a lot cheaper than buying a systema
                    Sorry do you have any clue as to what your talking about? the trigger response does give you an advantage when playing cqb, it's snappier and allows you to perform rapid double taps if you play cqb mostly like I do then the only weapon I use other than pistols are my systema for woodland I tend to go with my tm recoil, people don't but systema's for ROF you buy them for the trigger response burst function and the fact that the gun is extremely consistent with it's groupings, having owned three of them I've only had to set the hop once in there entire life, for about 1300 you can buy a bog standard ptw from tackleberry which doesn't require any of the mods since he provides all new guns supplied by him with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                      Oh dear...
                      Anyway, recently found myself looking towards either the TM Sopmod option or Systema options, spent weeks researching and used both to try them out, I still could possibly manage to get a PTW as well but I went for the TM, its just more fun and for me that is what the nature of the beast is. I certainly would not say I am anti systema, I would imagine I will get one at some point. I just don't get the price or the argument about the quality, yeah it was nice....But not that nice.
                      The TM works well for me, more fun I can switch the mags from 30/82, range is good and when the suitable mosfet for tri burst comes out this year job done.
                      I don't buy into the 'realism' bit, I use real ones for work every working day and I have yet to find a real one that takes batteries, unless you include the X26.
                      each to their own, as above I will possibly get one, but at the moment the TM made me smile more when choosing between them.
                      sorry mate didnt mean the dislike
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                        Sorry do you have any clue as to what your talking about? the trigger response does give you an advantage when playing cqb, it's snappier and allows you to perform rapid double taps if you play cqb mostly like I do then the only weapon I use other than pistols are my systema for woodland I tend to go with my tm recoil, people don't but systema's for ROF you buy them for the trigger response burst function and the fact that the gun is extremely consistent with it's groupings, having owned three of them I've only had to set the hop once in there entire life, for about 1300 you can buy a bog standard ptw from tackleberry which doesn't require any of the mods since he provides all new guns supplied by him with them.

I didn't say it doesn't give you an advantage! I agree it does and as I said PTW trigger response is awesome.
                        I merely gave MY opinion that it's a lot to spend to not benefit from te accuracy and rate of fire
                        Furthermore you're arguing that one can be bought from tac for £1300- that is also pretty much what I said...£1200 plus mods

Maybe read the threads properly before you start insulting people for their opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo View Post
                          I didn't say it doesn't give you an advantage! I agree it does and as I said PTW trigger response is awesome.
                          I merely gave MY opinion that it's a lot to spend to not benefit from te accuracy and rate of fire
                          Furthermore you're arguing that one can be bought from tac for £1300- that is also pretty much what I said...£1200 plus mods

Maybe read the threads properly before you start insulting people for their opinion
                          Can you not read? if you buy a gun from him he does the mods save for the shortened fet board on any and all guns he supplies and a challenge kit from him is 1095 and the vanaras mags are fine so your looking at about 1200 with the mods you clearly have no clue on this matter so stop handing out info on it.
                          Edit why would you want to benefit from rof? you don't need anything faster than 20-25 rps

Comment

Latest quote for my mate with 6 mags and batt for basic with mods was 1.7k he has raised his prices me thinks also cut the attitude its not wanted or needed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Everyone's entitled to their opinion pal
                              I appreciate yours without insulting you so I'm not gonna waste my time argueing this point

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                              Working...
                              X