This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM Recoil Versus PTW

If you do decide to get a CTW or PTW keep in mind that right now there are a few ACM PTW internals floating around including various sized cylinders. This hints that sometime soon a ACM PTW clone might be just around the corner. It might be the fabled A&K one it might not but there are good signs thats someone is going to release one.
    On top of that Fight Club Custom are set to release cheap PTW parts including gearboxs and electrics (the most expensive parts to replace) so the future of cheap PTW clones that perform well might just be around the corner.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
      Interesting... I've got one here but I'm yet to crack it open....
      Cough* what you waiting for?
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

PTW:

Full metal, steel outer barrel (more realistic weight distribution)
        Amazing trigger response
        Functional bolt catch, stops firing when out
        Cylinder change, quick power adjustment
        Infamous PTW hop unit, requires slight mod to get it working consistently, tool required to tune.
        Dust cover does not open, fake charging handle
        Normal magazines not compatible
        Magazine internals can be used with real steel magazine after mod.
        Electronic based, make sure you water proof your gun.

Next-gen TM SOPMOD:

Full metal, aluminium barrel. (Rear heavy)
        Slow trigger response, tiny bit worse than your average AEG
        Quick change battery (something I switched out after a month, pure gimmick)
        Functional bolt catch, stops firing when out, bolt catch ping pong paddle sticks out more than PTW
        Spring change does not require gearbox (or body) dissembly, much slower than PTW, but quicker than most AEGs.
        Recoil system (can be taken out for better battery performance, and can be upgraded with expensive brass parts for increased recoil)
        Slow trigger response, tiny bit worse than your average AEG due to recoil weight.
        New hop system, easy to adjust
        Takes normal AEG inner barrels
        Normal magazines compatible after a cheap adapter.
        Fake bolt flap travel back by about 1-2cm every shot, functional charging handles to reveal finger adjustable Hop.
        Magazine internals can be used with real steel magazines after mod, more work than PTW version as magwell is slightly too tight.
        Mechanical based, less things to go wrong and cheaper to fix if they do.

Comment

Or get a fight club custom ptw,,,they is the shizzle of all that is ptw...expensive is always better ...but lets see what Dannys Cat thinks?

B.E.N....i have heard of said ptw geek...didnt know he rivaled tac though...might have a look at his prices!
          Originally posted by Artekus
          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
            Infamous PTW hop unit, requires slight mod to get it working consistently, tool required to tune.
            Not always true. But they are more consistent than most AEG hops. And the mod stops the hop bucking from rolling so when it beds in its stays consistent, however it can still roll even with the mod.

Dust cover does not open, fake charging handle
            The dust cover can open, there is just no need to (the only reason you do on an AEG is to get to the hop), and the charging handle is no less fake than on any other gun barring GBBR's, it is used to remove the cylinder rather than open the dust cover.

Normal magazines not compatible
            Neither is the SOPMOD series if you want to use all its features, like bolt stop and feeding all the rounds in a mag.

Electronic based, make sure you water proof your gun.
            Again not vital. I have 1 modded and one un modded gun and neither has had "moisture" issues. But then I don't break them in the field or drop them in puddles.

You can also get a $15 adapter that lets you use AEG inner barrels in a PTW.

And as has been said, Tac is not the only person out there who can fix PTW's. I know of at least 2 other shops who have repaired PTW's. Also I know that one retailer is selling PTW's with a 12 month warranty that covers anything that can go wrong with it, Tac only sells his with 6 months and that DOESN'T cover the motor.

Seems people need to not listen to rumour so much.

I loved my TM recoil guns when I had them. Maybe more than I like my PTW. It was much more fun to play with thats for sure. But I decided I wanted to make the trade up and sold pretty much all my guns to buy my first PTW.

Do I regret it? No.

Would I advise every player I talk to, to sell all their guns and buy a PTW? No.

At the end of the day its their choice. If they want a PTW they will probably end up buying one in the end. If they don't want one they won't.

Comment

Nice one Mr.A, well presented.

I was talking to an establishment who support open flame whilst researching and he informed me of their PTW engineer they have employed just for that side of things as they wish to become a main player in the UK for them, he also mentioned the 12 month warranty on the thing as well.
              Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                Right before anyone talks crap about the PTW price again this is the exact Email quote.

"Okay, first the bad news.

Production and availability have ceased until March. This is due to the updated model being released.

It also means that they will be subject to Systema's price increase.

All factory assembled (traded) MAX 's will be approx £1450

MAX models come with the silver tube.

So your request will be:

CQB-R MAX II (all mods done) £1450
                Basic Li-Poly Conversion £60
                Box of 6 Systema HW M16 Mags £240
                2x Firefox 11.1v 1200mah 20C Battery (£20 each) £40

Total £1790

Additional if required:

Magpul ASAP Sling Adaptor (RS) £25"

So seriously stop saying a PTW off he who shan't be named is going to cost £1300 as it really bloody isn't any more as without any of the conversions a basic ptw off him with no batts and the 1 mag is going to cost £140 and I would love to see people skirmish one with no battery and 1 mag.

Would also like to point out that the "mods" are £300 added onto the MAX2 price as you can pick up a CQBR-MAX2 for £1150 elsewhere.
                Right when I spoke to him last.
                SCK £1070
                basic li poly conversion (shorter fet board and machining of the stock tube to ease removal of the stock) £60
                2x firefox lipos £40
                box of 10 vanaras mags £100 including postage plus taxes
                so all together about £1300
                So that's with 11 mags if I count correctly and 2 batteries all for about £1300 which I do believe I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  I'll give you that, they are not the best, although they ARE easily swapped... The gearbox is EASY to work on.

Erm, he isn't... There's an official Systema dealer in the UK that is just as experienced, if not moreso than Tack.

Interesting... I've got one here but I'm yet to crack it open....
                  @Ben that dealer you talk about posted a thing on there FB about myth busters and how ptw's don't need tack mods despite KUMI the original designer behind the guns admitting that these faults were inherent with her product and that there was and still is a defect in her motors.
                  Also Isn't he building a gun for your boss Paul at AI I mean why isn't this other uk systema dealer doing this surely there guns are up to his specs?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                    Right when I spoke to him last.
                    SCK £1070
                    basic li poly conversion (shorter fet board and machining of the stock tube to ease removal of the stock) £60
                    2x firefox lipos £40
                    box of 10 vanaras mags £100 including postage plus taxes
                    so all together about £1300
                    So that's with 11 mags if I count correctly and 2 batteries all for about £1300 which I do believe I said earlier.
                    Right I really don't know what else to say, last week as I said my mate asked for the cheapest SYSTEMA he could get built and this was the reply direct out the Email as posted above...

Okay, first the bad news.

Production and availability have ceased until March. This is due to the updated model being released.

It also means that they will be subject to Systema's price increase.

All factory assembled (traded) MAX 's will be approx £1450"
                    He asked for the cheapest and as far as I'm aware that also covers the challenge kits (you know with them being the cheapest and all) so either can't get hold of the challenge kits do to the above issues he mentioned or didn't quote for them whilst they are the cheapest option (depending on labor costs)
                    Last edited by ThePope; 14 February, 2012, 01:03.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                      Again not vital. I have 1 modded and one un modded gun and neither has had "moisture" issues. But then I don't break them in the field or drop them in puddles.
                      Why so defensive...? I didn't even have an agenda, just pointed out facts, and it should be clear that I have owned both. As for water damage, just because your 2 PTWs never suffered it, doesn't mean mine (or others) didn't as well, it was rain that did it, not "moisture". It doesn't cost much for a PCB spray, so as someone who has experienced a PTW breaking down due to water damage, I recommend those who own it waterproof their gun, even if the chance of it happening again is low... it's a risk not worth taking.

Comment

I had one that was water proofed that went a bit skitz after a bit of rain.
                        Originally posted by Artekus
                        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Locking this thread before it drop's downhill fast. Think all that needs to be discussed has been discussed.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                          Working...
                          X