Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

Originally posted by happyal View Post
    Mine's standard class, but I still think I'm a better shot.
    It's debatable, I mean you've got a minigun it speaks volumes about your aim :p

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
      It's debatable, I mean you've got a minigun it speaks volumes about your aim :p
      Just because I choose not to aim, doesn't mean that I don't know how to

Anyway, IPSC is normally so close, aim doesn't really matter too much.

Comment

and back on topic?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
          and back on topic?
          LOL. So I see that the colour has been confirmed as Blue, a bit darker than in the picture on the front page.

I still think that 60m is a long, long way for an airsoft gun at UK power levels. Has anyone got a 350fps that's hit a target at a confirmed 60m?

Comment

Black would of been nice with the brass dial or stainless steel dial.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
              Has anyone got a 350fps that's hit a target at a confirmed 60m?
              Ask me again on Monday.

Hopefully taking this baby out for a spin on sunday. My team alpha is all set up, ready to roll. I spent ages filing down a £17.99 Magpul CTR clone, and it's beautiful now, screw you unnamed retailer and your real steel £105

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

happyal,
                Both my guns are about 345 (blue spring) on a .2 , and hit 60m with a good grouping (but use a .25 -.3 bb 285 ish fps on .3) if you expect it to hit 60m you will be very happy !

Comment

it will be intesting to know th price of one with a refomation barrel pre fitted. Just a dro in replacement for my PTW.
                  yes as said Tacs version uses a modified pdi (aeg) barrel. One thing that I think makes [C|P]TWs good is that the barrel is so thick with good outer barrel fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                    it will be intesting to know th price of one with a refomation barrel pre fitted. Just a dro in replacement for my PTW.
                    £199 for the 6.00 reformation barrel +£75 for the hop unit! Not cheap but hopefully worth it.
                    . .

Comment

• Re: New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

The reformation barrel is great,if you get it with your gun, but I wouldnt pay £199 for it - Vanaras , PDI etc are all cheaper and offer equal performance (except maybe for ultimate fps figure !)

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                        yes as said Tacs version uses a modified pdi (aeg) barrel.
                        The prototype I've been using uses a modified PDI PTW barrel - not a standard AEG one. It does use standard Marui rubbers, though

Comment

Tac told me it was made of fairy dust and magic, false advertising...

It would need to be heavily modified to use an AEG rubber with a PTW barrel would it not? That sounds very odd :D

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I can't comment on how heavy the modification is, because I don't know and I'm not technically minded, but I think the implication is that Tac's hop will be marketed as a drop-in hop/barrel unit.

Comment

Ohhh, very good, so its a replacement barrel and hop, that'd be cool, but costly. Is he hand building them? or en mass?

Obviously his isn't being released yet, but I'm interested, as I may get one, if only for the sake of comparison.

Comment

The body of the prototype I have was manufactured, but I believe the PDI barrel was hand machined - although I suspect the finished product will be totally manufactured, it's just easier to sell stuff off the shelf, so that would make sense to me.

Yes - I agree with you. I'm eager to try out one of the MDD hops.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                                Working...
                                X