Collapse

New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reading the first page of this thread made me chuckle.

"all those PTW owners think they are better than us CTW owners just because they spent more money/have bigger cocks/can do one handed handstands on a pile of hot coal"

Get a grip guys. It's not all about the weapon in the players hand, the most dangerous weapon of all is the mind. Im willing to put money on the fact that I'd be just as effective during a game throwing my bb's!

This hop unit does sound delicious though!

Love, a proud PTW owner.

Comment

• Re: New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

To be honest, I think any hop unit that the distributor will guarantee 60m+ with is a winner.

I wouldn't care who made it if they guaranteed that Just happens to be the MDD unit.

And i'm unsure whether the last post is saying PTW owners should get a grip and stop thinking they are gods, or CTW owners should stop thinking PTW owners think they're gods.

Either way, I agree I've never in my life met a bad systema owner in person.

Edit: Wait Rampage doesn't own one does he? or my statements null and void :P

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Its actually quite easy to turn a PTW barrel into and aeg one - file/machine the hop end flat (the bit the ptw hop ring sits on ) then turn the barrel down to aeg diameter were the hop rubber sits , machine / file the nub window ( if you really want to machine the alignement groove in the other side) and you are done :-)

The STTS hop can me made as a drop in unit for you , you just need to ask the supplying dealer, specify a barrel you would like , you just need to add the cost of a, air seal, air seal base and brass barrel sleeve and a barrel - It was talked about as being an option from STTS - so I guess if enough people ask it will be available.

It has been done without to make it as cheap as possible for people who already have a good barrel in their CTW/PTW.

Failing that, if none of the dealers want to do it, I will organise with STTS to do them myself for you !

Comment

All this talk of different barrels is confusing my old brain - is the new hop unit a plug and play for PTW/CTW owners or does it need another barrel?

Comment

Plug and play, Tack's prototype is a hop and barrel combo from what I can make out, might be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
              Tack's prototype is a hop and barrel combo from what I can make out
              Spot on

Comment

I might just give it a try when it becomes available.

I am going to be trialling my 2012 barrel/2008 self modded hop in battle tomorrow so the result of that will determine the way forward.
                Last edited by old_and_slow; 23 June, 2012, 22:55. Reason: speling masteak

Comment

Anyway! I get to test my new hop, and some different ammo options tomorrow woo.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I never updated this thread! I tried my hop unit yesterday, and I was really impressed, I was getting over 70m with it on .25g Green Devils.

Ck

Comment

Ooh me likey. Was that a guestimate 70m or a measured 70?
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Not measured, guesstimated, I know it was more than 60m though. I hit the hut on the GZW range accurately, which is 46m, easily hitting the back treeline, but I don't know how far that is.

Comment

It's like.... Its like..... Its just like they said it would be! Ftw!

Comment

Great to heard an update CK, which nub where you using in the hop?

Comment

the mdd hop comes with its own uprated hop nub

Comment

I'm more and more interested in this with each new post.
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                                Working...
                                X