Bespoke metal receivers PTW/TM Recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bespoke metal receivers PTW/TM Recoil

sub £100 TM recoil receivers, I'd buy a truckload :-) Surprised ACM hasn't tapped this yet

Comment

Sub £100? Think that would be pushing it a bit, that would be pot metal.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
        I'd echo Richard in suggesting that there is a big potential market for earlier M16 receivers for the TM Recoil platform. I for one would take an A1 and A2 receiver for my colt commando builds without hesitation.
        Count me in, nothing would top off an old school loadout better than having a reliable all year round recoil M16A1 or 2.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
          Sub £100? Think that would be pushing it a bit, that would be pot metal.
          Yeah I wouldn't buy one at under £100 to be honest.

Comment

As that receiver design looks very similar to a 'Magazine Removal Device' Lower and a Certain pre mentioned Yank Made Upper I'd be up for one of these in Tm Style. Preferable blank so I can get my own favorite trades applied.

Why are your .22 so expensive when a top notch fullbore straight pull can be had for about £1500 and you can knock these out for £200?
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post

Why are your .22 so expensive when a top notch fullbore straight pull can be had for about £1500
              Probably something to do with them being really good?

Comment

An AR is an AR, will have to read up on them.
                The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

So out of interest what was the point of a vote if you're not gonna pay any attention to what people actually are voting for?
                  Originally posted by tackle
                  For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

The poll is called "what would you be willing to buy?" not "which one should be made?"

I'd guess the manufacturer has gauged whether there is sufficient interest in the product he wants to produce.

Comment

• Re: Bespoke metal receivers PTW/TM Recoil

Yeah, you might find according to the poll results and the amount of posts on this thread that the clear winner by a fair margin is not the TW but the <200 recoil SOPMOD receiver.
                      So it looks as if the masses are going to be ignored like normal and just add yet another option to the TW market.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Maybe it's not possible to create that product in the volumes required... The poll isn't a menu to choose from, it's market research. If the manufacturer doesn't want to produce a product such as a sub-£200 TM Sopmod receiver they don't have to based on the poll, they just now know roughly how many people would be interested and if it would be worth it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                          If the manufacturer doesn't want to produce a product such as a sub-£200 TM Sopmod receiver they don't have to based on the poll, they just now know roughly how many people would be interested and if it would be worth it at all.
                          If they didn't want to produce a TM receiver for less than £200, it would have been easier for them to just ask the question: "Would anybody buy a PTW bespoke receiver for £200+, Yes or No?"

I get what you mean though, it might work out more profitable to make less receivers which come with a higher selling price (which is just good business acumen at the end of the day). Generally speaking though, PTW owners have more money than sense anyway and have the ability to literally blend money, drink it and piss it away :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                          Working...
                          X