KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

I've ordered an Umarex mag for mine, so I'll let you guys know if its a POS or not in comparison to regular KSC ones if you want.

Comment

I think they Umarex ones are great.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
        So it cause of Umarex that we don't have any decent GBB MP5s on the market? If that's the case why are AEG MP5s so widely available?

I hate this trademarking BS.
        Yes and no. The H&K MP5 design with H&K trades, is subject to the exclusive licensing of H&K and whomever they give the rights to use their logo to (such as Umarex). The actual design of a gun shaped like an MP5 and completely exactly like it is not necessarily subject to those same restrictions for the following reasons: there is no H&K logo, and even if H&K kicked up a fuss the manufacturer could claim they are making a replica of one of the many licensed and unlicensed real H&K clones. With AEGs, most either use no trades at all (like ICS), made-up trades, or real gun clone trades (such as CA's B&T trades, which are licensed by ASG). That said, legal stinks are kicked up, as some manufacturers are forced to deliberately alter the look of their replicas to look LESS MP5-like (take the ICS split gearbox MX5-P series, for instance).

However, in this case, I believe that it's less of a licensing reason and more of a manufacturer/design reason; Umarex do license a gas MP5, it's also the only half decent one there is, as the only alternatives are China made and arguably even worse.
        That said, any manufacturer could potentially design a GBB MP5 and advertise it, but they wouldn't be allowed to sell it if H&K or Umarex sought legal recourse. This does not apply to some Asian countries, which can manufacture whatever they like and with whatever trades they like.
        Basically, the reason there aren't any more GBB MP5s is that not many manufacturers have bothered. I could easily see the likes of WE or KJW making one, but that hasn't happened yet, so I suspect that it's due to demand.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicninja View Post
          Hopefully. It's only when a company like angry gun make a mag to compete with KWA's that you realise how good a lot of KWA's GBB stuff is.
          Ohhh that is so true.

Currently sitting on 3 Angry gun MP7 mags all 3 with knackered main seals (sorted with silicone luckily) knackered fill valves and yes you guessed it knackered flow valves.
          So now I'm awaiting delivery of 3 KWA fill valves and 3 KWA flow valves in the hope that they will fit and rectify the problem.
          Oh and Angry guns magic purple router.....exactly the same as standard KWA routers.

So in essence for the price they are S**TE!!!

Buy KWA or Buy fill and flow valves alongside your AG mags.

Please KWA continue making mags all is forgiven!!!

Comment

So overall then, Tisane, you're pretty pleased with them, yes? ....lol.
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Ahhhh mate I'd never ever buy Angry Gun magazines again!!

They use bloody silicone sealant to seal the shite rubber seals too, takes a bloody eternity to clean the crap out of the bottom of the magazine!!

Got them all sorted now though

Comment

My purple seals were cracked and way thinner than the KWA/Umarex ones. So glad I only bought 1 angry gun mag at the time.
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                Working...
                X